for those of you that have upgraded to 2003

Guest t3m17

Guest wantmys2000

I think the battery problem is related to the GPRS connections not closing down.

The battery life on WM2003 was great before I set up my ActiveSync to check my email over GPRS. After it connects to check my mail it never disconnects and Therefore blows through the battery pretty quick.

Does anyone know how to make the Idle disconnect work on WM2003?

Guest madmaxedcn
Several items -

One - I am using only the software provided on the 2003 ROM and the caller ID is definitely faster than it was before.

Two - I am using the English version and find no problems with t9 input (although I don't really use it that much).

Three - I have not had battery problems - but didn't have them before, either.

Four - Thanks to @nonymous for this wonderful present!

where can i find the @nonymous preset?and what is it

Guest ipcai

Hurray!!...finally, i got my battery back in action! :P

1) I switched it off and charged it over night (>7 hours)

2) Installed the GSM-fix image. (after that, the "G" is no more on the display already)

3) Hard-reset (make sure it is fully charged b4 u do so)

4) done!

This morning, 8:00am = 100%

Now is 6:00pm, there is still 90% left!

10% for 10 hour of standby...therefore, 100% can last for ~100hours (4.16 days)... :D

Guest popanot

Yep, sure enough... ipcai's process fixed my battery issue too. The GSM fix is the real fix, though. I just didn't load it when I first flashed my phone figuring I didn't need it. I highly recommend people do it right after they perform the WM2003 flash because you'll end up doing it anyway.

Guest bmallitz
Yep, sure enough... ipcai's process fixed my battery issue too. The GSM fix is the real fix, though. I just didn't load it when I first flashed my phone figuring I didn't need it. I highly recommend people do it right after they perform the WM2003 flash because you'll end up doing it anyway.

Hi,

I can't seem to find the forum with the GMS fix, could you help explain where it is on msmobiles.com?

thanks