Yes, it's the Voq, and yes, it looks strange...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Update, I have been informed that the model I have is a pre production model, and that hardware and software changes have been made.

To this end, I am returning the unit I have, and a final production unit will be sped to me as soon as possible.

So... watch this space!

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest fasteye

I had been given the impression that the firmware was not production so I was surprised when Paul said these were shipping units.

I guess I will await the next ROM upgrade and see what it brings me.

For now I've had to put it back in the draw and go back to the E200.

• 1 month later...
Guest Paul [MVP]

I'd be interested.

I'm waiting for my production unit to come through... but is the shut down when keypad locked bug fixed?

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

• 11 months later...
Guest Pondrew

A very old thread I know, but given Expansys today having offered the handsets at a ridiculously low £67 today simfree I thought I'd resurrect it. (for those that don't know, the reason Expansys are offloading their stock is because Sierra Wireless have officially dropped the Professional Phone initiative)

My Voq Professional Phone arrives tomorrow and I've already done some research which shows the latest rom (which upgrades the device to Windows Mobile 2003 SE with Media Player 10) fixes the issue of powering off while keypad locked... will be interested to see what other

I know this isn't a great device and I'm not even sure it could replace my SPV E200 given the size and lack of bluetooth/camera but for £67 I thought it was worth adding to the collection, especially as my SPV E200 doesn't have 2003 SE or Media Player 10.

• 1 year later...
Guest monitorarm
You know how I bang on about letting the community test devices? HERE'S WHY!

When you lock the keypad on the Voq, the power button still turns the phone off. Twice today i've got it out of my pocket and it's been off. WTF?

For me this renders the phone basically useless.

DOH!

P

Interesting - I've had mine for 3 months now (from late 2006), and can verify that locking the keypad prevents power off.

It's all been 99% positive in my book with the VOQ - fantastic audio output, compared with a tweeked MPX200 and using Koss Spark Plug earphones, 2 days life in NZ, 3 days in Australia (they must have a stronger GSM network). Now, if only I could get the re-ordered menus to stay put ......

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.