Sega GG + Nintendo GameBoy emulator for SP beta test

Guest bitbank

Guest freshmaster17uk
what's the best game to play on this emulator? hmm

mario golf, mario tennis , zelda dx - links awakening , pong the next level , super mario bros dx, and all the pokemon games =)

opps and also pocket bowling , marble madness , wario land 3 , metal gear solid.

Edited by freshmaster17uk

Guest ninjaw

Hey Bitbank try to look at Micromachine 1&2 SegaGameGear amazing ports ! especially MM2 but there are still some lil visual bug like chars on the screen

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gripen77
I've written a Sega GameGear + Nintendo GameBoy emulator for the smartphone and would like some feedback before I release it. GameGear titles run at 60 fps (no frameskip) and 44Khz audio on the MPx200 (should run the same on any smartphone). It should be able to run any and all GameGear titles perfectly. GameBoy color titles require more horsepower and not all will run at full speed. The program can open ZIP files, so no need to unzip them first. This demo EXE allows you to play the games for 2 minutes before it exits each game and the EXE will expire on September 1st. My plan is to sell this for a reasonable fee. Any feedback is appreciated.

Larry B.

send feedback to: [email protected]

Download from:

http://www.bitbanksoftware.com/downloads/smartgear.zip

I love it ! hey could I buy it from you right away?

I tested it on my Qtek 8500 / HTC Star Trek and it works great :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest mikeeey
if it could run gba roms [with acceptable speed] he could score some really good cash on this emu...

yea seriously. especially since gba games are still being devoleped. unlike all the other emulators. even if he made it so youd have to overclock it to 264mhz and it runs good that would be amazing. i typed this on my smartphone if any thing looks weird

• 2 months later...
Guest mikeeey

hey guys. is it just my phone? or does when u pause the emulator it doesnt show the menu. cuz rite now without showing the menu i cant save/load or do anything from the menu. i can only pause, and quit using the keys on my phone. the only way i can see the menu is when im not playing a game, wich really has no point, except for loading the rom.

basicly wat im tryin to say is... does it show up the way how masteralls emulator is with the menubar at the bottom?

Edited by mikeeey

Guest ninjaw
hey guys. is it just my phone? or does when u pause the emulator it doesnt show the menu. cuz rite now without showing the menu i cant save/load or do anything from the menu. i can only pause, and quit using the keys on my phone. the only way i can see the menu is when im not playing a game, wich really has no point, except for loading the rom.

basicly wat im tryin to say is... does it show up the way how masteralls emulator is with the menubar at the bottom?

It's not just you

Guest chad swift

still can't get the screen to go upright....when i do it takes up like 1/4 of my screen and the rest is blank...that's the whole reason i was told to try this program...

motorola Q

Edited by chad swift

Guest mikeeey
still can't get the screen to go upright....when i do it takes up like 1/4 of my screen and the rest is blank...that's the whole reason i was told to try this program...

motorola Q

o i didnt know u had the Q. well when he made this program, the Q, or really any landscape phone i can think of was out then. so of corse he hasnt made it landscape compatible yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest feoysolo

Well, imma give this a shot. With Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons it is impossible to get past the parts with that damn bear moosh because it can't register the rapid button pressing correctly. Is there any way to fix this? If not, is there any way to run the save files on a PC, get past that part using a controller on the PC then save and put the save file back onto the phone (T-Mobile SDA US)? Or, has anyone tried it with one of those bluetooth controller gadgets? That might work...

Guest DraGoNsLaYaZ22

Is there any way to import a save file from another emulator for a GBC game? I'd like to continue playing from where I left off in VisualBoyAdvance or gnuboy.

Guest mikeeey
Is there any way to import a save file from another emulator for a GBC game? I'd like to continue playing from where I left off in VisualBoyAdvance or gnuboy.

visualboyadvance? is there a smartphone version i dont know about? or are u talking about the pc version?

and no i dont think u can import ur saves, i mean rite now saves dont even work, its only autosaves.

Guest DraGoNsLaYaZ22

Yes, I was talking about the PC version. I am able to copy the saves over to gnuboy. I was wondering if there was a way to replicate this in smartgear.

Guest mikeeey
Yes, I was talking about the PC version. I am able to copy the saves over to gnuboy. I was wondering if there was a way to replicate this in smartgear.

maybe if the gnuboy save and smartgear's auto save is the same format, u could find the name of the smartgear auto-saved game, rename the gnuboy save to wat the smartgear save was, and see if that works.

im not saying it will, but it's worth a try.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bitbank

I'm Back :)

Sorry for the long absence. I've been busy making commercial emulation products.

To answer some of your questions:

1) The save file format used in SmartGear is my own and will not work with other programs.

2) I now have a Motorola Q and Palm TreoW, so I will make them work with SmartGear.

3) I am working on a Desktop PC version of SmartGear. It's 99% functional and it's interface can be driven 100% from a keyboard or joystick. Does this interest anyone?

4) I still don't have a solid plan on how to sell the code (I'd like to), but I can still have many of you as beta testers.

5) I've fixed several things with the GameGear (Z80 bugs) and GameBoy. Please keep sending info about games which won't run properly.

Thanks,

Larry Bank

[email protected]

Guest mikeeey
I'm Back :)

Sorry for the long absence. I've been busy making commercial emulation products.

To answer some of your questions:

1) The save file format used in SmartGear is my own and will not work with other programs.

2) I now have a Motorola Q and Palm TreoW, so I will make them work with SmartGear.

3) I am working on a Desktop PC version of SmartGear. It's 99% functional and it's interface can be driven 100% from a keyboard or joystick. Does this interest anyone?

4) I still don't have a solid plan on how to sell the code (I'd like to), but I can still have many of you as beta testers.

5) I've fixed several things with the GameGear (Z80 bugs) and GameBoy. Please keep sending info about games which won't run properly.

Thanks,

Larry Bank

[email protected]

hey bitbank good hearin back from you after more than half a year now!

i wanna be a beta tester :D

idk about other people but computer emulators dont really interest me. i use emulators for portable devices and when im on the go. i like having it in my hands.

also i was wonderin if maybe there could be an option so sega genesis games or any other games fit on the screen perfectly in a square aspect ratio. in masteralls emulator picodrive didnt look bad at all when it was fitted into a square aspect ratio.

it just sorta bugs me when i cant see the left and right side of my game.

also when configuring the keys for the C key, it automaticly replaces the select key with C. so if u wanna switch from genesis to gameboy u have to keep re configuring.

other than that, this emulator is great! runs full speed! cant wait to start hearin sound. o and a working menu while a game is running!

o and another bug i thot of was the NES game's sound is a little too high pitch

Edited by mikeeey