Sega GG + Nintendo GameBoy emulator for SP beta test

Guest bitbank

Guest Chefgon

Sorry if this has been asked already, but is it possible to assign different button layouts for each system? Since A and B are backwards between Nintendo and Sega systems, I have to reassign every time I load a game from a different system.

Hi.

I have tested this new version with Pokemon Crystal, but the RTC dosen't seems to work. I have tested save system of the game and the slot saves of Smartgear but, none of them keep the time updated.

Guest bitbank
Hi.

I have tested this new version with Pokemon Crystal, but the RTC dosen't seems to work. I have tested save system of the game and the slot saves of Smartgear but, none of them keep the time updated.

I'll recheck this issue with the RTC.

Right now I'm working on fixing the video issues. The old version of SmartGear did not properly handle opening a keyboard (dynamic screen rotation). The new code works correctly and I'm re-testing on all devices to make sure I didn't break anything. All video modes and rotations should now center/scale the display correctly.

I've also got a loaner Motorola Q9H and this device has a strange video ram layout. I will see if I can add a fix for this device as well. Any Q9H owners out there? do any games work correctly on that device?

I'll have a new build this week which addresses the video issues and I will begin working on other bugs.

L.B.

Guest mikeeey
I'll recheck this issue with the RTC.

Right now I'm working on fixing the video issues. The old version of SmartGear did not properly handle opening a keyboard (dynamic screen rotation). The new code works correctly and I'm re-testing on all devices to make sure I didn't break anything. All video modes and rotations should now center/scale the display correctly.

I've also got a loaner Motorola Q9H and this device has a strange video ram layout. I will see if I can add a fix for this device as well. Any Q9H owners out there? do any games work correctly on that device?

I'll have a new build this week which addresses the video issues and I will begin working on other bugs.

L.B.

cool! the keyboard fix would be a BIG improvement. what about the soudn clicking? you fixed it before. then it came back?

Guest filabrazilia

Hi Bitbank, I've also got a Q9H and no games that I have tried have displayed video correctly. Sound seems to work though. If you could fix if for the Q9H I would definately register. Thanks

Guest bitbank
Hi Bitbank, I've also got a Q9H and no games that I have tried have displayed video correctly. Sound seems to work though. If you could fix if for the Q9H I would definately register. Thanks

I've just uploaded a new build (0.33) of SmartGear which should fix all known video problems - it supports dynamic screen rotation and centers all display modes correctly.

I also added a partial fix for the Q9H. Non-rotated video modes of 100%, 150%, Fit2Win and Fit2Win* should all work correctly now.

Other issues (clicking sound, RTC, game specific problems), will be addressed shortly.

Please let me know if the video issues are fixed.

SmartGear PPC installer

SmartGear SmartPhone installer

L.B.

I've just uploaded a new build (0.33) of SmartGear which should fix all known video problems - it supports dynamic screen rotation and centers all display modes correctly.

Well I can't try, i had a Avast warning for adware Win32:Adware-gen [Adw] only on PPC

I also added a partial fix for the Q9H. Non-rotated video modes of 100%, 150%, Fit2Win and Fit2Win* should all work correctly now.

Other issues (clicking sound, RTC, game specific problems), will be addressed shortly.

SmartGear PPC installer

SmartGear SmartPhone installer

L.B.

Dear Larry,

I tried to play the game " Gunhead " for the PC Engine. A one of the best shooter for this console.

The problem is, on start screen i can not start to play.

My device: XDA Atom WM5 device

Other emulators like MorphGear or XPCE for PPC not have this problem.

Guest bitbank
SmartGear is really nice! I'm THIS close to registering.. but for some reason.. the sound is way too fast.. both in game gear and in gbc... if I play mario brothers deluxe.. the time counter (seconds) in the corner is racing away with the music... like twice+ the speed...

I have a HTC TYTN II ... does anyone have the same problem? is there a fix for it? .. like a limiter of some kind.

Cheers,

Soren

Soren,

I just got a loaner at&t 8925 (TYTN II) and I don't see any timing problems with the games. Do you have "Throttle Framerate" checked in the settings?

Please let me know,

L.B.

Guest CharlyV
Dear Larry,

I tried to play the game " Gunhead " for the PC Engine. A one of the best shooter for this console.

The problem is, on start screen i can not start to play.

My device: XDA Atom WM5 device

Other emulators like MorphGear or XPCE for PPC not have this problem.

I confirm it.

@bitbank

Congratulation for this piece of software !

Guest bitbank

The TG16 Gunhead problem is something I'm looking at today; it works on the PC version, so it's either a ARM compiler problem or a bug in my ARM asm code.

BIG NEWS!!!

I've discovered why there is a persistent "clicking" problem on some devices. The issue is 8-bit versus 16-bit audio. Some devices like 8-bit audio streams and others prefer 16-bit. Most new HTC devices prefer 16-bit audio streams. I'm adding a new option to the settings to allow you to choose 8/16-bit audio. I will have this by tonight and the clicking issue should finally be put to rest.

Larry B.

Guest CharlyV
The TG16 Gunhead problem is something I'm looking at today; it works on the PC version, so it's either a ARM compiler problem or a bug in my ARM asm code.

BIG NEWS!!!

I've discovered why there is a persistent "clicking" problem on some devices. The issue is 8-bit versus 16-bit audio. Some devices like 8-bit audio streams and others prefer 16-bit. Most new HTC devices prefer 16-bit audio streams. I'm adding a new option to the settings to allow you to choose 8/16-bit audio. I will have this by tonight and the clicking issue should finally be put to rest.

Larry B.

Thanks for the info !

Regards,

CharlyV

Guest jmacdonald801
Great, I still have virus issues

Perhaps you should open up an incident with your Anti-Virus Vendor. It is not uncommon for AntiVirus software to occasionally return false positives.

What AntiVirus are you running so I can make sure not to run it? lol. Just Kidding tho.

Strange, usually authors are interrested by those alerts, I use the other most used one cause it's free, as previoulsy reported.

I know it's surely false alert, the problem is, that was an adware alert, and i still havent any confirmation. Can someone extract the cab while waiting ?

Guest bitbank

Thanks for the bug reports.

I just uploaded SmartGear 0.34 which appears to finally fix the clicking problem. If you were having the clicking problem, install the new build, then go to the Settings window and check "16-bit audio". Please let me know if this corrects the problem.

I'm still working on the game-specific issues, but this clicking problem was important enough to release a new build.

www.bitbanksoftware.com/smartgear_ppc.exe

www.bitbanksoftware.com/smartgear_sp.exe

Larry B.

Guest CharlyV

SmartGear 0.34 + 16-bit audio enabled

Clicking problem on iPAQ 5450 WM2003, XDA Atom WM5 and XDA Atom Life WM6 solved.

Edited by CharlyV

Guest jmacdonald801

Well I've got a at&t 8925 Tilt (TYTN II/Kaiser etc) and there are still sound issues with 0.34.

I started smartgear 0.34, 16-bit sounds was not enabled. I loaded SuperMarioBros 1, it was clicking. I then went into settings and turned on 16-bit sound. This locked the game at a blue screen, However it didn't lock up SMB3. I Could not exit the game. I killed the emulator and retarted it. If you set the 16-bit Sound BEFORE you open a game, nothing breaks.

If you turn 16-bit sound off in the middle of an active game, the pitch of the sound goes really high.

With 16-bit sound option on, the sound has changed from a clicking noise, to a skipping noise. No more horribly griding clicks, but the sound skips about 4 - 5 times a second. Kind of sounds like it's cutting out.

bitbank, you tested this out on a loaner at&t 8925 (TYTN II)? The sounds isn't sounding so hot still.

-James

Edited by jmacdonald801

Guest bitbank
Well I've got a at&t 8925 Tilt (TYTN II/Kaiser etc) and there are still sound issues with 0.34.

I started smartgear 0.34, 16-bit sounds was not enabled. I loaded SuperMarioBros 1, it was clicking. I then went into settings and turned on 16-bit sound. This locked the game at a blue screen, However it didn't lock up SMB3. I Could not exit the game. I killed the emulator and retarted it. If you set the 16-bit Sound BEFORE you open a game, nothing breaks.

If you turn 16-bit sound off in the middle of an active game, the pitch of the sound goes really high.

With 16-bit sound option on, the sound has changed from a clicking noise, to a skipping noise. No more horribly griding clicks, but the sound skips about 4 - 5 times a second. Kind of sounds like it's cutting out.

bitbank, you tested this out on a loaner at&t 8925 (TYTN II)? The sounds isn't sounding so hot still.

-James

The 16-bit audio setting is not meant to be changed while a game is running. Thanks for finding the problem - I'll correct it.

Guest mikeeey

yes! the 16bit audio fixed it! you did it bitbank! i can fully play gameboy now.

since we are on the subject of sound, do you know why NES games's sound is too high pitch?

Guest jmacdonald801
yes! the 16bit audio fixed it! you did it bitbank! i can fully play gameboy now.

since we are on the subject of sound, do you know why NES games's sound is too high pitch?

That's fabulous. I have a Tilt and it's not helping my sound (much). It does sound better, but it's still messed.

-James

Guest jmacdonald801

bitbank. I have some possibly useful feedback.

Could this have anything to do with NTSC roms vs. PAL (50fps) roms?

It's really strange. I installed the latest smartgear on my buddies blackjack 2 and his final fantasy rom sounds perfect. My Super Mario Rom still had skipping on his.

I tried his Final Fantasy on my Tilt and here's the weird part, sounds is skipping on the Tilt, but not on the BlackJack2 but only with Final Fantasy.

Ok maybe it's not super helpful, but it's super strange.

-James