Sega GG + Nintendo GameBoy emulator for SP beta test

Guest bitbank

Guest smwoodcrafts

bitbank,

I have a an Axim X51v and would like to buy your product. It seems to be very well made but I have a questions. Is sound availible for GBC emulation? When I turned the sound on and started a ROM, it starts and I hear sound but then I get an error and it exits. I have to reset my unit to bring everything back to normal. I have the latest version that is on ClickGamer 0.37. With sound turned off it seems to run fine. At least for the 2 min that it runs unregistered.

Anyone else,

Has anyone used this on an Axim X51v? Would you recommend this?

smwoodcrafts

Guest mikeeey
I will revisit the sound issues soon. I've been working on cleaning up NES support. I've added a bunch of mappers and fixed others. I'm also going to fix the NES save/load code once and for all. This should not affect existing saved games, but if it does I'll let you know.

So far I've added mappers 9,10,11,69,71 and made a structural change which fixes various games. For games which swap out the entire ROM area (32K banks), this caused a problem with my previous code because on the write to the mapper, the code at the current PC has changed. My 6502 uses a "segment" pointer to speed things up with banked memory. The fix was to update the segment pointer after every write to a mapper handler.

I will definitely post a new build this week, but I'm not sure exactly when. I'll keep you posted...

L.B.

cool, new mappers!

so after the NES cleanup and sound fixes are you going back to the gennesis code?

bitbank,

I have a an Axim X51v and would like to buy your product. It seems to be very well made but I have a questions. Is sound availible for GBC emulation? When I turned the sound on and started a ROM, it starts and I hear sound but then I get an error and it exits. I have to reset my unit to bring everything back to normal. I have the latest version that is on ClickGamer 0.37. With sound turned off it seems to run fine. At least for the 2 min that it runs unregistered.

Anyone else,

smwoodcrafts

you should ask Menneisyys, hes tried on his X51v.

Guest bitbank
bitbank,

Anyone else,

smwoodcrafts

I have an Axim X50v and haven't seen this occur. What game are you playing and what error do you see?

L.B.

Guest annawu

Still no changes.

NES

Missing mapper: 69 (?) - games not working like Castlevania 3- Draculas Curse)

Bubble Bobble - working with some display bugs

Star Tropics II - massive sound problem

Guest bitbank
Still no changes.

Castlevania 3 is mapper #5, not #69

What bugs in Bubble Bobble? Do you mean the vertical scrolling being jumpy?

I haven't debugged Star Tropics 2 yet.

See my website for the list of changes. Thanks for the bug report.

L.B.

Guest jmacdonald801

L.B.

Well bitbank, it looks like google has screwed you. I did a search on your site on google (searched on 'bitbank') and google came back and said your web site was not safe. I'm not sure what to make of it, but figured I should let you know.

Here is the URL of the search I did. Click on the first result and see what google has to say. Very unfortunate. If you are unsure about clicking on a link I'm posting here, go to Google yourself and search on "bitbank"

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&amp...G=Google+Search

Edited by jmacdonald801

Guest mikeeey

missing mapper #199. (260-in-1)

missing mapper #25 (gradius II)

missing mapper #? (gi joe atlantis factor, crashes after game start)

missing mapper #? (Zelda 1, corrupt images)

im running a rom called 260-in-1. so you can imagine it must have a lot of mappers. so as your add the mappers i suppose i will make a list of the ones i need.

Guest annawu

L.B.

First pic. SmartGear 0.38

Second pic. PocketNester 0.7

post-198623-1199345797_thumb.jpg

post-198623-1199346329_thumb.jpg

Edited by annawu

Guest bitbank
First pic. SmartGear 0.38

Second pic. PocketNester 0.7

Thanks annawu,

I had been testing only on the PC and didn't notice the problems on WM. It must be a bug in my ARM 6502. I'll get it fixed today.

L.B.

update - That was it... The bug was the PHP instruction pushing corrupted bits. I've fixed it and now Zelda and Bubble Bobble work correctly. I'll have a new build up later today.

Edited by bitbank

Guest annawu
Thanks annawu,

I had been testing only on the PC and didn't notice the problems on WM. It must be a bug in my ARM 6502. I'll get it fixed today.

L.B.

update - That was it... The bug was the PHP instruction pushing corrupted bits. I've fixed it and now Zelda and Bubble Bobble work correctly. I'll have a new build up later today.

Thank you so much, Larry.

If i find other problems, I will tell you.

Have a nice day !

Guest jmacdonald801

I've got a suggestion that may or may not be useful. At some point it would be nice to be able to configure what video size to use on a "per system" basis, or on a per-resolution basis, as some game systems support multiple resolutions.

Good example, I play some NES or SMS games which work great at a video size of 100% on my 320x240 display, then I go to the GameBoy Color game and I want the video size for that game system to always be 150% so it fills up the screen more.

It's not a huge deal to have to change that switching between systems, but it would be nice.

Maybe a seperate menu that lists all the supported resolutions for the various systems that has a drop down box beside each one to indicate how you want to map it to a video size.

As an example:

256x240 -> 100%

160x144 -> 150%

352x242 -> 100%

Non-Standard -> 100%

Of course TG16/PC Engine seems to be able to generate a variety of resolutions so I don't know how you would handle that. But this would be cool.

-James

Edited by jmacdonald801

Guest bitbank

I've just uploaded build 0.39 which fixes the 6502 bug. The NES games should work quite a bit better than all previous versions of SmartGear.

L.B.

Guest mikeeey
I've just uploaded build 0.39 which fixes the 6502 bug. The NES games should work quite a bit better than all previous versions of SmartGear.

L.B.

thanks bitbank!

gi joe atlantis factor works now.

same with zelda, and ninja turtles 2 and 3.

still missing mapper 25 and 199 for 2 games.

also there is still the quiet clicking sound when sound is played.

but this is a big improvement for NES compatibility, great work.

Guest bitbank
thanks bitbank!

gi joe atlantis factor works now.

same with zelda, and ninja turtles 2 and 3.

still missing mapper 25 and 199 for 2 games.

also there is still the quiet clicking sound when sound is played.

but this is a big improvement for NES compatibility, great work.

I just added 25, but I can't find any documentation on 199. If you can find me information on 199, I'll add it.

L.B.

Guest mikeeey
I just added 25, but I can't find any documentation on 199. If you can find me information on 199, I'll add it.

L.B.

wow 199 is very uncommon and hard to find. the only info i can fnd is some dragon ball Z game uses it.

o well, doesnt matter, it was some rom with 260 games in it i was trying to run.

btw i found out on zelda 1 that when u choose your name it freezes.

and here's some other mappers ive found missing:

Edited by mikeeey

Guest annawu

L.B.

Please do not forget mapper 5 for games like Castlevania 3. :(

Not sure it is helpful. Here exist a VC++ source for nesterJ with some mapper definations :

http://www.dcn.ne.jp/~otim2/nesterj/en/dl.html

Edited by annawu

Guest bitbank
btw i found out on zelda 1 that when u choose your name it freezes.

I just tested this and cannot recreate the error. What are your exact steps to recreate the hang?

Thanks,

L.B.

Guest mikeeey
I just tested this and cannot recreate the error. What are your exact steps to recreate the hang?

Thanks,

L.B.

perhaps i have a corrupted rom, i will try a different one later today.

on this rom however, it shows the main screen, i click start, and im at the character menu but all the sound has frozen and i cant select anything cuz the game froze too.

as i said, i will try a different rom later today.

Guest smwoodcrafts

Hey, I like the program and so I registered it. I was playing Oracle of Ages and after about 5 minutes, the program shut down and my top bar on my PPC was gone. It was frozen. I had to reset my device. I thought it might be the ROM so I also played Oracle of Seasons with the same result. I have am Axim X51v running WM5. I also have version 0.39 of SmartGear.

Dan Seymour

smwoodcrafts

Guest mikeeey

bitbank so far i havnt found in really noticable bugs. for the first time i actually saved, and when i load my save i get a message saying the save couldnt be loaded, the message appears behind the game window so i have to guess where to click to click the ok button. but when i resume the game the save actually did load, lol.

Guest bitbank
Hey, I like the program and so I registered it. I was playing Oracle of Ages and after about 5 minutes, the program shut down and my top bar on my PPC was gone. It was frozen. I had to reset my device. I thought it might be the ROM so I also played Oracle of Seasons with the same result. I have am Axim X51v running WM5. I also have version 0.39 of SmartGear.

Dan Seymour

smwoodcrafts

I'll try to recreate the problem. Have you tried playing it on the Desktop PC? Does it give the same results?

L.B.

Guest Rgeezer

Hey Larry, great program--I recently registered smartgear (ver 0.39 on a tmobile dash running wm6) and have been very impressed!

Two glitches I've noticed so far:

1. Don't seem to be able to load GBC Kirby tiltntumble, looks as if it is trying to map the screen but never gets there.

2. Was trying out GBC Shantae and got the 2 minute shutoff message on a registered version. Restarted it, and didn't seem to happen again. The "register" option did not reappear on the file menu after the shutoff.

Really like the way it loads gamegear versions, very nostalgic. It would be nice to be able to map keys differently (and save those different maps) for different emulations, but thats a minor consideration given how nicely it works with most roms. (haven't found one that can run Sega Virtua Racing yet)

Keep up the good work!

Guest bitbank
Hey Larry, great program--I recently registered smartgear (ver 0.39 on a tmobile dash running wm6) and have been very impressed!

Two glitches I've noticed so far:

1. Don't seem to be able to load GBC Kirby tiltntumble, looks as if it is trying to map the screen but never gets there.

2. Was trying out GBC Shantae and got the 2 minute shutoff message on a registered version. Restarted it, and didn't seem to happen again. The "register" option did not reappear on the file menu after the shutoff.

Really like the way it loads gamegear versions, very nostalgic. It would be nice to be able to map keys differently (and save those different maps) for different emulations, but thats a minor consideration given how nicely it works with most roms. (haven't found one that can run Sega Virtua Racing yet)

Keep up the good work!

Kirby Tiltntumble is a special cartridge. I'm trying to find info about it and will let you know if I find anything.

Sega Virtual Racing is for Genesis?

L.B.