E200 ROM released on Orange UK!

Guest shardy

Guest Pondrew
That rings a bell, but its not there now  :?

That's seriously wierd. I only found and installed it two hours ago. They took it down immediately after.

I still have it but fraid I can't post it unless the mods say its ok?

EDIT: It's back up! Grab it while you can...

Guest badboy4life

Ok just a lil' update, phones been going for 49 hours now and still has 48% battery life!!! This hasn't been with a lot of usage, in addition to my last post i've played about 20 mins of games and sent a couple of text messages.

Additional Note: SD has been in the whole time and not once been 'forgotten', and so adds to the amazement as to how long the battery has lasted!!

Just hope I don't jinx it :P

Guest Toyota-F1.com
Ok just a lil' update, phones been going for 49 hours now and still has 48% battery life!!! This hasn't been with a lot of usage, in addition to my last post i've played about 20 mins of games and sent a couple of text messages.

Additional Note: SD has been in the whole time and not once been 'forgotten', and so adds to the amazement as to how long the battery has lasted!!

Just hope I don't jinx it :P

I might update if there are many many many more posts like this!

Guest atonks

I installed the update 3 days ago. So far, my phone hasn't locked up at all, the SD card hasn't been "lost" and battery life seems better.

As I was never a fan of ClearType, I'm very pleased with this update :P ...... so far

Guest beersoft

ok,

i've had the update on for a few days, and yep its good

as mrmagoo said earlier on in a thread somewhere, im getting at least an average of 43 minuites a % which works out at an estimated standby of 2.9 days :P

it hasn't lost the sd card at all, and its only crashed once in 3 days, but that was a betaplayer/ie/outlook/not crashing for 3 days and running out of memory problem.

the call quality is about 500 times better than the 2.6.whatever rom from the last update

I would go for the update, its worth it just for doing the battery tweak thing

later

Owen

if u want to free up and speed up ure device delete the "Orange_Support" and "IA_CID_StartUp.exe" shorcuts from the windows/startup directory

Hi, what exactly does Orange_Support do?

Guest robpow
Hi all,

Just updated, but now can't connect to the internet through my phone!!

What should my settings be?

I had the same problem and had to do this:

1. Go to Internet Explorer

2. Select Menu and then Options and then Connections

3. Notice that the 'Select Network' option is empty

4. Click on Select Network and choose 'The Internet'.

5. Click Done twice to return to IE

6. It should now connect to sites just like before

Cheers,

Matt

Guest elvie
I had the same problem and had to do this:

1. Go to Internet Explorer

2. Select Menu and then Options and then Connections

3. Notice that the 'Select Network' option is empty

4. Click on Select Network and choose 'The Internet'.

5. Click Done twice to return to IE

6. It should now connect to sites just like before

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks matt for the tip,

Also noticed that there was no 'network' selected.

Selected 'The Internet', but still can't access anything....

Guest ajb3000

This is probably a mix of both the update and the hard reset at full battery (my previous hard reset was done on low battery before the discovery), but the battery life is mind blowing. Before I would be lucky if my phone lasted 18 hours before dying, but now it's been running for 27 hours and still has 3 bars!!! Finally!

I haven't noticed much difference, if any on call quality, it's probably a tiny bit louder, barely noticeable though, and the redial distortion bug is still there. On the bright side I have not had my Plantronics M3000 cut out once since installing the update which is brilliant :P. I would definately recommend installing it, but I do hope to god Orange release another to fix the outstanding bugs, unfortunately though, I can't see that happening.

Guest Disco Stu

Not that I just follow whatever Toyota's doing or anything, but I too have been persuaded to do the upgrade for the sake of battery life.

Is it necessary to do the full-recharge hard reset before upgrading, since the upgrade surely does the same thing anyway ?

Im happy !

SD card problem - fixed

Video/sound problem - fixed

Bluetooth headset - fixed

AT LAST SOMETHING GOOD TO SHOUT ABOUT !

Never thought i'd say it, but well done Orange :wink:

Anyone know if T9 is fixed ?

Guest digitalburnout

Anybody having problems app un-locking after new update?

Every CAB sent to phone so far has failed to install despite using orange unlocking site!

Guest serialkillazzs

seems to me that fully chargin your phone durin any upgrades or down grades improves battery life some how. never had a problem before with sd or battery life with the old e200 update.just thought id mention that i didn,t have to hard reset the phone at all for months since this update came.ive now managed to upgrade and down grade between the e200 roms with florin fix if anyones interested in downgradin.

only managed to get imate rom to 10% before 113 error came up after countless numbers of time tryin

ill wait till wednesday before upgradin again if reports are still improvin here

Guest Cybertronic

Must say that this update improves the battery life alot! :D

Also the volume is alot louder too :P

I fully charged up the phone before I updated too :lol:

Very pleased with this update!

Guest twister

Plus points:

In-call audio quality is a bit better, and volume levels sound like they're back on a par with the original ROM - speakerphone mode, which was rendered all but unuseable by the first update, becomes useful again...

Power consumption is as good as in the first update - the 1%/45mins figures being quoted elsewhere in this thread are just what I was getting with the last ROM, so I'm pleased to see this one hasn't reverted to the original ROM figures!

Minus points:

Media Player still randomly skips to the next track in the playlist, although seemingly less often than it used to do in the first update ROM.

Video recordings still include annoying levels of static/hiss on the audio track.

Cleartype off by default again, and with no easy option to turn it on. Yes, I know about CustomCabbage and the like, but in my book an "easy option" is something that could be changed by someone using a phone straight out of the box without needing to download and install a third-party patch.

So far then, based on the way I use my E200, the only benefit of this ROM over the previous update seems to be the improved in-call audio quality. Which, I suppose, is the most important thing to get right on a phone. But it's a bit annoying/frustrating that some of the other faults introduced with the last update (all of which reduce the SPV's attractiveness as a smartphone) remain. If I just wanted to carry around something that could make calls, I'd still be using my old Nokia...

I'd rate this ROM as a B-, but I'm tempted to knock the whole upgrade experience down to a C due to the lack of a reminder to disable firewalls before trying to apply the upgrade - took me two failed update attempts before I remembered having problems last time.

Guest dearsina

Notice that this didn't make the news page, but every piece of junk handango software that has been spewed out of newbie developers bedrooms does, marketing blurb and screenshot and all. It hurts to see the best msmobile site go down like this.

No respect.

sina

london

Guest bluemeat

Yeah I have a SPV3 with original ROM (1.1.1.4 I believe) and it dims after I think 5 seconds, before going out totally at 10 seconds.

To be honest I noticed it more after this upgrade - maybe it dims it a bit more than before or something. I use 5 second light timeout anyway, because WMP lights the screen every track change, and it dims after about 2 seconds.

Oh, and today's testing - fully charged in the morning, music all the way to work, and all the way home, 60% still remaining when I got home. Think the previous version was around 45-50% when I get home.

Guest Pondrew
Notice that this didn't make the news page, but every piece of junk handango software that has been spewed out of newbie developers bedrooms does, marketing blurb and screenshot and all. It hurts to see the best msmobile site go down like this.

No respect.

sina

london

You're mistaken dude. This was on the front page (portal) the afternoon it came out two or three days ago. There was a news thread that was locked linking to this page...

Guest bauer

Hi,

Ive attempted to rom update my phone for the first time, current rom version is 1.1.1.4.

When i ran the program it displayed the same message for over an hour "checking information on your spv e200...please wait", i read some one elses post and they rectified the problem by resetting their computer. i did the same and it has done nothing other then made my phone redundant. i can only access bootloader on my phone. When i try to run the program again it displays the same message and does nothing.

Any help in fixing this problem would greatly apreciated.

Guest Pondrew
Hi,

Ive attempted to rom update my phone for the first time, current rom version is 1.1.1.4.

When i ran the program it displayed the same message for over an hour "checking information on your spv e200...please wait", i read some one elses post and they rectified the problem by resetting their computer. i did the same and it has done nothing other then made my phone redundant. i can only access bootloader on my phone. When i try to run the program again it displays the same message and does nothing.

Any help in fixing this problem would greatly apreciated.

Make sure any firewall (like Zone Alarm, etc) is deactivate/disabled, put the phone in bootloader mode (the tri colour screen) in the cradle, then run the update. Be patient as it took an anxious few minutes to do anything on mine...

Guest bauer

I disabled zonealarm before doing this but theres been no change.

When you say a few anxious minutes, how many minutes do you mean? because its been in this state for 45 mins