C500 Bug List

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest david_dawkins

Hi all, read thru and seen kittenlou's posts, but I still have a problem with caller id photos.

In a nutshell, the assigned photo does not appear when the phone is ringing with an incoming call from that person. The name is shown correctly, so it has clearly found the contact name from the number, but no photo.

I can see the assigned photo just fine in the contact list of the caller id app, but it won't appear when the contact calls. I have selected "Show Photo On Incoming Call" too for this contact.

I have tried assigning the photo in various ways, straight from the camera and from the caller id app itself. I've tried saving the photos to Storage/My Documents/My Photos and /Storage/My Documents/IAD Caller Id Photos (sp?), no luck.

Any ideas? At least, a candidate for your bug list.

Regards and thanks,

DaveD

Phew ... got to the end of this thread finally.

New bug for the list:

An SMS alert sound cannot be manually stopped (i.e. by pressing a key)! I have tried large WAV, repeated small WAVs (by moddifying the script slightly) and even MIDI ... I cannot shut ANY of them up!

I'm still amazed that nobody else seems to have noticed this. I would love to be just doing something wrong ... anyone?

Craig

PS Sorry if this is a slight cross post but imo this *is* a bug

PPS Great avatar although I agree with some others, not entirely appropriate?

Guest dread123
Phew ... got to the end of this thread finally.

New bug for the list:

An SMS alert sound cannot be manually stopped (i.e. by pressing a key)! I have tried large WAV, repeated small WAVs (by moddifying the script slightly) and even MIDI ... I cannot shut ANY of them up!

I'm still amazed that nobody else seems to have noticed this. I would love to be just doing something wrong ... anyone?

quote]

i too mate had this problem...was at work in office and a message came thru, and i have bo-selecta for my sms sound...shouting shamone mutha fcuka is not very good!!! i was pressing all sorts of buttons and couldnt shut it up!! lol made everyone laugh though

Guest ablufia

'19.10.04' date format causes 'date & time' access error

when replacing my homescreen using ruttensoft homescreen app, and setting date format to '19.10.04' - trying to access 'date and time' in 'settings' (useful if you want set your alarm clock) returns the error 'error - the settings could not be opened'

other date formats seem unaffected, and changing date format back resolves the program.

added the update.

Spent most of the afternoon trying to re-organise the start menu. Despite decertifying my c500, i still can't see the INK files to move them into the appropriate folder. I've shifted the order round with whatsitcalled personaliser but there's far too much stuff listed that i never use. I managed to re-organise the start menu before. i just can't remember how.

anyone any ideas ?

Guest ablufia

@ matth

i was going to reorganise my start menu by doing that regedit malarky - but i've had enough experience with full size windows to make me shy away from doing that ! ^_^

so what i ended up doing was going into the start menu (is it /storage/windows/start menu ?) and putting everything into folders so i have no single links in the start menu - i just created new folder and dragged and dropped the lnks...

(you can get the 'orange' and 'games' folders to behave alphabetically by renaming them - i used 'orange !' and 'games !')

don't know if this is any help ?

that's what i did originally.

but post update there are no icons visible when i explore through active synch. i can see them through the file manager on the phone but can't copy them. phone is decerted. very odd.

Guest ablufia

:?: that's really weird - i've done the update and i reorganised my start menu after that.

i've said it before - i can't understand why so many people have so many differing results when they do the same thing to this phone...

bugger ^_^

Guest Disco Stu

Has anyone else noticed that it has rained in this country on just about every day since Orange released this God-forsaken firmware update ?!? :evil: :evil: :wink:

Guest ablufia

only in coventry Disco Stu ^_^ it's been blistering sunshine here in the east midlands...:shock:

PS and there's been some people who i doubt have seen the outside because of the feverish hard reset activity :D

Anyone else noticed the C500 needs a flexi torch attached to it to enable us to see the keypad in the dark when it has locked itself and requires pin entry with button illumination disabled or instead of a torch perhaps they would consider brail symbols on the buttons ^_^ ](*,)

Guest nick123

Emails get lost!

I've found a problem when downloading emails from added accounts on the SPV C500: sometimes if you "mark for download", the email in question retains its title but the contents displayed are those of the next email in the list; the original content gets lost. This sometimes happens also when simply connecting a second time to collect more emails. I have three accounts configured and all three are susceptible. There is obviously a software problem somewhere, but it's very annoying as effectively the emails are lost from the phone and cannot be downloaded a second time(though they remain on the server).

Any idea who I should contact about this, please?......I assume it's a Microsoft problem.

Nick Coote

Guest ivor biggun

Don't know if this is another dreaded update bug or if my SECOND C500 is knackered but my microphone gets quieter during a phone call to the point that after a couple of mins i'm screaming into it and the other person can't hear a word i'm saying, i can always hear them clearly and most of the time i have to reboot the phone before the mic will work again.

Guest pisquee

Mine, clocked itself back as normal and was docked to laptop at the time. when i unplugged it from laptop at about 1am, it decided to jump back another hour. When i plugged it back into my laptop thisa morning it re-synched back to real time!

Girobank - As well as what time zone is your phone set to, check the timezone that your synch PC is set to.

Guest bosshogg
Think, i got a new one. When the clocks were due to go back early this morning, the clock on my C500 jumped 8 hours back instead.

Me too, except mine went back 2 hours! Timezone is set to GMT London. Didn't even get a confirmation message that it had altered the clock, I used to on my mk1 spv.

Guest FrankyG

Email gets lost!

Same as nick123, but sometimes when I do a send/receive on my pop3 account, it loses ALL of the existing emails sitting in the inbox. They can't be downloaded onto the phone again. They do however remain on the server. Anyone else??