C500 Bug List

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest zippy172
Zippy, re-boot your phone and then I think you'll find it will work normally.

Hmm, I think I rebooted my phone something like 1/2 a dozen times yesterday, to no avail :)

Just noticed that when my headphones are plugged in that the sound comes out both phone speaker and headphones at the same time. Not sure if it's meant to do this :?

Did it do this on the other SPV's ?

Guest zippy172
Jason,

i get the same issue when trying to post to Pumapeople from my c500.  just goes back to the input without actually posting.

same user name over there :)

Ah ha, welcome fellow Pumaperson :lol: I've no idea why my puma site is behaving the way it does... I'll try posting through my phone here, assuming it to work perfectly...

If it does, I'm just wondering if Paul has applied any mods to this site to make it more smartphone friendly :?:

Guest zippy172
Just noticed that when my headphones are plugged in that the sound comes out both phone speaker and headphones at the same time.  Not sure if it's meant to do this  :?  

Did it do this on the other SPV's ?

Mine doesn't. As soon as the headphones are plugged in, the phone speaker mutes, as you would expect 8)

Possible problem that I think I have seen twice.

Once you are very low on battery you can't charge the phone when it is on!

Twice I have got low on battery and then put it to charge; once via USB from PC and once from mains, and both times the phone eventually switched itself off! I *think* the solid LED came on to indicate charging but no charging takes place. Anyone else experienced this?

Guest Pagemakers

I find that when I charge from my PC, the charge sometimes drops offline after a few minutes. I tend to sync only via the pc cable and charge from the power adapter.

Guest Dark Horse

If your current task list is empty, a new task can't be added by pressing down on the roller. You have to kill the "Tasks" program first to add your first task:

1. Click start and go to "Tasks"

2. Enter a new task

3. The two soft keys "Complete" and "Delete" are greyed out as this is your first task so there's nothing to either mark as complete or delete

4. Return to the home screen and kill the "Tasks" program using the "Task Manager"

5. Go back to "Tasks" and whatever you just entered will now be added as a task

6. If you now enter a new task and click down, it'll be added to the list

Heya,

I just wanted to know... If the following is possible. No sounds for anything except alarms, and vibrate for phone calls/text. Its very important for me that there is no other beeping!

Hope you can answer this for me as it will save a hell of a lot of cash if its impossible!

Thanks in advance.

Xeth

Initially pointed out by Dreamweavel but I want to highlight it again, cos it is irritating me!

You can't receive files by bluetooth over a certain size (unknown but around 500k) unless it is by activesync. Why, why, WHY?!?!??!

And why can't the keylock go off automatically during a call? At the moment, if you receive a call and you want to look at your calendar, or enter a number, for example, you have to turn off the keylock first. Really silly and easily fixable, surely?

found this one whilst quietly trying to change ringtones in my office (and caused everyone to turn around and look at me)

It only really matters with longer midi ringtones...

Start -> Settings -> Sounds

Press in the joystick and select a ringtone from the list, then press the home button straight away.

The ringtone keeps on playing until you go back to the sounds settings.

Of course, this could be by function rather than a bug.

OK then, here's a few I've noticed that don't seem to be on the list ...

1) Homescreens can/will lock up the phone, requiring a battery pull, & in several cases not rebooting past the Orange screen & requiring a hard reset. This seems to happen with every homescreen using the e200 plugin (including the one downloaded from Orange), and some other which have quite a few non standard plugins.

Homescreens using very few or none of the non-standard plugins seem to work fine, although after changing homescreen about 10 times in 10 minutes, the phone will freak out a bit but can be rebooted normally. :lol:

(Does anybody think this is in any way related to the gapi issue with games??)

2) My backlight seem to sometimes stay on forever! If I go to settings/etc & change the backlight timeout it'll work again, but it seems to randomly decide to stay on at times! :shock:

3) When snoozing reminders (especially at 7am! :twisted: ) sometimes the action click seems to stick, and the reminder screen will disappear, but the alarm keeps going with no way of switching it off. I have to switch the phone off/on to make it stop. This ia a MAJOR bug at 7am!! :x

4) I have had several random lockups as described here previously - once in my pocket, and a couple of times just on my desk - all requiring battery pull. I also seem to get quite frequent lockups while using the phone ... like just now!! :evil: I was juts trying to write a text message, and clicked the new message shortcut from the default Orange homescreen, and the phone juts locks up completely!! :D Battery pull again. This happens to me probably every day.

There are a few other glitches - like when you're scrolling through menus sometimes the battery indicator in the icon bar flickers & disappears - that are too small to worry about.

Overall I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed in the c500. Once again, it's hyped up to be a sensational new phone, and once again it's as full of bugs as all the previously "sensational" phones. TBH, apart from the storage card issue, I think it's a step down from the e200. It does work a little faster at first, but once you fill it with software it's pretty much a slow as everything else I've had. & It's very disappointing for me to find that the new homescreen plugin is obviously hard coded into the ROM, with no visibly editable xml in the homescreen file, which makes it pretty darn tricky to even investigate, let alone customise. Although, the entire homescreen dept. seems to have taken a dramatic step backward with the c500. Well, I guess the battery life is better though! :lol:

& once again it's back to the same old routine of waiting for Orange to release a fix sometime this side of Xmas/next Xmas! :x and it's anybodys guess as to what damage future updates may do to our phones!! :D

You wanna know what I think ... Its a conspiracy between Paul, the modaco mods & Orange ... see, if they released a super-duper wonderphone that worked perfectly, then we'd all go and get on with what we used to do before they invented these stupidphones ... then we wouldn't NEED modaco anymore, and we wouldn't be spending all those heaps of money on gprs charges for remotely accessing modaco when your phone has gone doolally ... and Paul & the mods would have to go back to their dayjobs!! :) :lol: :lol:

Guest marcus_webmail

Problems with C500 crashing when sending & receiving on IMAP using GPRS.

Has anyone else come across this, my boss has got 2 C500 sent out last week and after setting up the IMAP account he finds that after successfully downloading the works mails it seems to stop responding and instead of logging off it crashes! If he then receiving a call none of the buttons will respond and the only way he's found to solve it is to remove the battery and thereby loose the headers he's just downloaded. As he is using mine as a spare battery I can't say whether this is also a problem on POP3 but apparently all he gets when he phones orange for Tech Support is someone telling him that Orange don't support IMAP! Anyone any ideas or is this a known bug?

i just want to get these 2 questions confirmed...please someone answere me:

1.does the phone lockup like the e200 did?

(while close to other electronical equipment the phone would lockup but the battery led would still flash and everything looks normal until you try to actually use the phone)

2.does the phone turn it self off randomly like the e200 did?

(while talking on the phone it just turns itself off sometimes)

these 2 were the mail reasons why i was unhappy with my e200 and if any of them still exist, then i will not by the new ones either...