C500 Bug List

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jasonkentwest
regarding the DOINK noise, surely everyone does realise that if you press menu then 1 to insert a contact then it doesnt make this noise? never did understand why people said this was a bugn :P  

(i await the backlash from people saying it is a bug and i should just shut the hell up :D)

I have the E100 (about to upgrade to C500) and I just noticed I don't have the DOINK noise anymore.....in fact, I think it must have went away when I updated the ROM a couple of months ago. I know the volume wasn't connected to the System Notification but with the Earpiece Volume control. But now is it complete gone even though my EV is high and the System volume is 'Loud'. :?

Maybe I won't upgrade so I can downgrade to that lovely DOINK again..... :roll:

Guest kingronnie

Is it just me, or will anyone else miss being able to 'hot-swap' the memory cards? I've got three 128Mb cards that I use for various different things (yes, I know I'm going to have to replace them with mini ones), and I do swap them about reasonably regularly, having to re-boot the phone each time is going to be a right old pain and will weaken the battery cover clip.

Guest midnight

I have the E100 (about to upgrade to C500) and I just noticed I don't have the DOINK noise anymore.....in fact, I think it must have went away when I updated the ROM a couple of months ago. I know the volume wasn't connected to the System Notification but with the Earpiece Volume control. But now is it complete gone even though my EV is high and the System volume is 'Loud'. :?

Maybe I won't upgrade so I can downgrade to that lovely DOINK again..... :roll:

hehe, so you wont get a c500 just cos it makes a sound when you insert a contact by pressing the action key when creating an sms????? (even though you can stop it by turning system sounds off or inserting a contact with menu>1)

Guest kingronnie
So buy a 512 one, or wait for the 1gig.

I know, but I find it's useful to have different cards for different things. I've had it since my Seimens SL42 days and I've got use to it. I can live without it, it just seems a shame to lose such a nice little feature.

Guest drblow
Now we'll NEVER see Mr O posting back on here, now that you have proved Orange to bVERY wrong over this...

;-)

Em ... not that the official O prescence has ever been useful/accurate/helpful ... I could go on! :wink:

No, actually, thats not fair - Mr. O has provided us with some great laughs.

Guest zuffzuff

I got my nice new C500 from the Orange shop in Worthing Saturday morning - only one in stock and they let me have it.

It came with a 16Mb SD card, so I gather from reading in other threads that this may be the shops demo copy. Anyway, been playing with it all weekend and today and all appeared well.

However, I've just noticed that the "Down" on the joypad thing now does not always work. It's been working fine. Sometimes it works, other times you can press down to your hearts content and nothing happens. Have to do an Up then a Down to get it to go.

Think I'm back off to the shop.....

Guest beersoft

Mr Orange will be back, I've got his car keys :P

now all i need to do is find the correct 5 lines of code to fix this little gapi problem then i get promoted to the king of battery monitoring and stupid bug fixing

Later

Owen

Guest winterdude

This may be classed as by design but i fell that it's a bug (perhaps its not software sortable) but just that i can't use the scroll bar/button at the same time as the soft keys this make GNUboy much less fun as dear mario cant run and jump at the same time

i know it not aimed at the games market i dont consider my selff a gamer but it makes it much harder to wind up nokia users with amost working games platform

Guest Simon Desser

A couple of "Alarm Bugs" :?

When an alarm goes off the screen doesn't light up, so you can't see what it says :?:

When an alarm goes off and the keypad is locked, you can't "Snooze" the alarm with the action button :?:

(Both of these "bugs" don't occur on previous models of SPV :? )

Guest robpow

Congratulations to all the new beta testers of the C500! :-)

I think I'll hang on to my E200 until the first firmware upgrade or two, the C500 looks like a nice form factor and all but if all those annoying little mannerisms of the E200 are still there then I don't see myself rushing out and upgrading.

Here's an innovative idea, why don't Orange do the *real* beta testing pre-launch with the help of Modaco and not release it until a majority vote here says it is ready!? Hmm... guess they may never get released!

Cheers,

Matt

Guest Simon Desser

The answer/end call button on the headset doesn't always respond :roll:

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't :? In order to answer a call, you often have to keep repeatedly pressing the button before it answers :cry:

This is also the same on the E200, but now that the button also ends the call (on the C500) it means that in trying to answer the call, you can end up cutting the call :evil:

(The fault is not with the headphones, as the answer/end call button works perfectly on my P900 :) )

Guest pierre
Congratulations to all the new beta testers of the C500! :-)

I think I'll hang on to my E200 until the first firmware upgrade or two, the C500 looks like a nice form factor and all but if all those annoying little mannerisms of the E200 are still there then I don't see myself rushing out and upgrading.  

Here's an innovative idea, why don't Orange do the *real* beta testing pre-launch with the help of Modaco and not release it until a majority vote here says it is ready!?   Hmm... guess they may never get released!

Cheers,

Matt

I was thinking the same...

MR ORANGE:

We are not just talking of bugs related to games here. Would it be only that I wouldn't mind waiting for an update. But there are dozens of other bugs mentioned here by Paul which it might be of use to take into account in a very soon update. Isnt'it?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Paul [MVP]

Although I absolutely agree this bugs are bugs that shouldn't be there, I think It's important to not let the detract from all the good points of the phone.

I will of course be lobbying to get as many fixes implemented in an update as possible - with the gaming fix hopefully coming on it's own beforehand - but read the buglist, use a demo phone, and decide what factors are important to you before dismissing the C500.

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Pagemakers

I agree Paul. It does have a few niggles, but on the whole it's leaps and bounds ahead of the e200.

A bug I've found... I set me email account to auto-dial every 30 mins to retrieve email. If you sent a text message, the inbox remains on the text message account and your email polling stops. You must remember to re-select your email account every time which is a pain.

Guest winterdude
err, why not redefine the keys? i would say using the joystick + softkeys is difficult anyway, even if it did work.

tryed remapping the keys the other day to the * and # but this is still over riden by the scroll stick

dont get me wrong this phone rocks it is prety(imho) works prety good as a phone.

would just be nice to confirm that this is not just a me thing

and if it's not is this conciderd a bug or a feature.

ps. ran jbenchmark2 on the it blows the all the others out the water (except Motorola E680 and XDA2) with a benchmark of 478

Guest robpow
A bug I've found... I set me email account to auto-dial every 30 mins to retrieve email.  If you sent a text message, the inbox remains on the text message account and your email polling stops.  You must remember to re-select your email account every time which is a pain.

I can't believe that bug is still there. It's been there for a very long time now and it seems nobody really cares to fix it. I think Orange should take a break developing the smartphone line of products and sit down and have a think about how they are going to address all these quirks first. Why, for instance, is that the GPRS session now disconnects when you lock the keyboard on the E200!? Is it the same on the C500?

Cheers,

Matt

"Unlike Tetley's, I'm not bitter."

Guest Pagemakers

Here's another. I've set my display never to time out on the power management page however when you lock the phone the screen turns off!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Text disappears when near the right hand side of the screen  

When composing a mail or an SMS, words in the content can sometimes 'disappear'. They are actually still there, but a blank space is just shown. Going back and editing them will make them appear.  

This happens to me on my E200 now ever since the new update.

This happened on my Original SPV (mkI) - well, all 3 of the ones I had actually, and also happens on my MPX200 (all 4 of those).

So it looks like it has never been fixed since Smartphone 2002.

Guest winterdude

is there a workaround for adding attachments to the email client(docs mpg and the like)

would have thought O would have wanted this.

even though they could lose large markup MMS they would still gain hi markup GPRS for big files.

maybe it is time sendMail met the compact framework :twisted:

Guest Pagemakers

If you use the Orange home screen layout with the Alarm on/off link, clicking the alarm link used to take you to the alarm on/off setting page, now it completely locks up your phone.

Mid, any chance of a mod to fix this?