C500 Bug List

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest inspectorgadjet
No. I don't have an MPX200 now, but when I did I'm 99% certain that I could not edit T9 once I had gone past the word.

Well I've got the newer ROM on mine...just haven't used it in a month or so, and I will confirm later today if I'm just dreaming that the newer 2003 ROM does have the ability to edit words or not.

Guest inspectorgadjet

My mistake...you can't go back and edit words on the mpx200 rom. It does work similarly to the c500, but you don't get the list of words up, you just push up or down to scroll through the choices in the 2003 rom.

hello hello - good to be back good to be back.

not posted on here for months and months.

not sure if this is just mine.

But using my old old trash skin if i try and set an image as the home screen wallpaper then go back to the home screen there is a 2-3 pixel line across the top. Not sure if it'sjust the Trash home screen which the c500 doesn't like.

I've got around this problem by copying my image files into the storageapplicationdatahome folder. but some of them are still not correctly sized.

weird. but maybe i'm due a new homescreen. Anyone know of a plain old homescreen that just features the clock and a transparent icon bar across the top for the signal etc.

nice one

matt h

Guest fozzie

Bug or omission? I can't find any way of entering "{" or "}" (I had to copy and paste from an email to get these in!)

Posted from my C500 SmartPhone!

Guest The PocketTV Team
Bug or omission? I can't find any way of entering "{" or "}" (I had to copy and paste from an email to get these in!)

Should be in the symbol table.

Press and hold #

Oh, I see... no, they are not there, at least on Smartphone 2002!

Sorry, you are not allowed to write C++ code on a Smartphone :)

Guest pierre

good old orange, they pay peanuts.. so they get monkeys :)

It's not just that; it is that Customer Relations were informed the very same day of the release. Since the months never ever a single info about C 500 was given to them.........................................

Guest fultonius

When recieving e-mails through my pop3 inbox, it connects and informs me it is downloading 9 messages, then goes through the process of downloading them, says it's finished and then i can't find messages anywhere....they seem not to exist!!!!!

The pop3 mailbox also won't send e-mails. my settings are correct, it tries to send them and a message comes up saying that the e-mail address is not valid. I've tried with 2 different e-mail addresses and neither work

Twice last night i turned the phone on and the first thing i did was click "new message" on the orange home screen menu. the phone froze up solid and couldn't be turned of, so i had to remove the battery. the 3rd time i used the start menu/messaging function and it worked.

where can you access video clips from the media player?

Guest fozzie
The pop3 mailbox also won't send e-mails. my settings are correct, it tries to send them and a message comes up saying that the e-mail address is not valid. I've tried with 2 different e-mail addresses and neither work

You are using smtp.orange.net as the smtp mail server aren't you?

Guest cactusbob

Your internet settings on the phone are probably on Automatic. The phone is therefore trying to get a data connection by passing through the PC

CB

If I receive a text with a non numeric sender ID (e.g. "MY_SMS" instead of +44 77xx xxxxxx), the C500 fails to display this and instead shows the sender as the first entry in my Contacts starting with "M". I have server at work which sends automated system alerts this way, and was perplexed why they started to show as coming from one of my relatives!

Guest The PocketTV Team
If I receive a text with a non numeric sender ID (e.g. "MY_SMS" instead of +44 77xx xxxxxx), the C500 fails to display this and instead shows the sender as the first entry in my Contacts starting with "M". I have server at work which sends automated system alerts this way, and was perplexed why they started to show as coming from one of my relatives!

That's an amusing one :)

But it's most likely a general issue with MSFT's built-in Inbox app, rather than a bug specific to the C500.

Guest markcastle

Aha... so that's what was causing it :) . Incidentally i had the same problem on the old classic SPV after upgrading to the latest ROM. Was pulling my hair out with it!

Guest fultonius
You are using smtp.orange.net as the smtp mail server aren't you?

I had it set on relay.force9.net because that's usually my outgoing server.

should i use smpt.orange.net?

Guest Pagemakers

If you are not connected to force9 wich you won't be when you connect to orange gprs (you are connected to orange), you won't be allowed to send email using force9's servers. You need to use smpt.orange.net unless you have your own server, which I guess you don't

Guest Dr Who

The absolute refusal of the C500 to activesync data back to Outlook. It just hangs or displays every item as unresolved (even though the entry does not exist in Outlook). Happens to any item (Calendar/Inbox/Contacts) with data in it. Might be a problem with 3.7.1 though.............

Guest Dr Who

Can you tell me how you have got it set up Pagemakers?

On a completely fresh install of Outlook 2002 and Activesync 3.7.1 when I sync it wither starts to transfer 1 contact and then just sits there, or now it is telling me that I have 81 unresolved contacts. But they are not unresolved 'cos there are NO contacts in Outlook. I have the same problem on a machine running Outllook 2000 with activesync 3.7.1

Outlooks location is set to 020 and United Kingdom. Do you know what file the contacts are stored in on the C500? And where the partnership info is? Did you change ANY of the activesync settings on your phone? Are you just syncing to one PC or two? Or a server? Are you using USB or bluetooth? Did you have contacts in Outlook prior to updating to your C500 (i.e. the first time you sync up did you write a lot of info to the phone - in my case all the data is on the phone and I am trying to write it to Outlook).

Any ideas 'cos this is really testing me!!!

Oh, and there are at least a few other users with an identical problem!

Guest chucky.egg

re: SMTP

You can buy SMTP services from Plus.net for £2/month.

I've been using them for a while. With my wires-only ADSL and the flaky Orange SMTP service it's been invaluable

Guest fultonius

I still don't quite get it though, it connects to force9, then says the e-mail address is invalid, not that it can't use the pop3 server.

Also, anyone have any ideas about where my mail is dissapearing to?

Guest Pagemakers
I still don't quite get it though, it connects to force9, then says the e-mail address is invalid, not that it can't use the pop3 server.

Also, anyone have any ideas about where my mail is dissapearing to?

In order to send emails through force9 you must have dialled up to force9. Think about it, if that was not the case, everybody everywhere could use force9 to send spam email.

Guest Dr Who

OK I am developing a hunch here (from leaning over the computer trying to get activesync to work!!!!).

If I do Clear Storage on my C500 then use activesync it works perfectly. If I then use Orange Restore to return my contacts it won't work. In other words the Orange Restore database seems incompatible with activesync 3.7.1. If I am right then I am guessing that you haven't used this method to restore your contacts, Pagemakers? Probably 'cos they were already in Outlook and just needed synching or you use Sprite or some other method?

If I am right then Orange need to be made aware of this issue.

In the mean time, is there anyway I can get my contacts into Outlook or back onto my phone after Clearing Storage WITHOUT entering them one by one? Is there another contacts backup tool???