Parrot Car Kit - C500

Guest lowbug

Depends on your ICE system in the cars.

Parrot kits use the industry standard ISO connectors, most modern cars use this now. BUT saying that my beemer uses a BMW only style connector. I had to make up an interface lead.

I think Halfords sell interface leads now, they are made by connects2.

Hope this helps

Rik

I know we are in the C500 forum, but...

I need a car kit for my E200, want to get a C500 when my contact is up (next year :) ).

So I've been looking at the Parrot CK3100. Looks the job, but I just want to understand the limitations for the E200, as I believe you can make calls using the address book of the car kit, you can receive calls, are names shown if they are in the address book? etc.

What else, are there issues with paring etc etc.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to send all contacts to parrot 3100 from the spvc500 in one go, you can send each one individually by beaming contact but this will take an age- there is an note about object push on this forum, but I can only see this on the parrot menus, not on the spv c500. Could someone who is in the know please post step by step instructions for the less technologically advanced members. much appreciated 8)

E200 Features...

Bluetoth profiles supported:  

- Headset AudioGateway

Technical Features:  

- SPV E200: GSM 900/1800/1900

Special Features:  

- Contacts can be sent one-by-one to the car kit via Bluetooth

- Supported features: Dial from the car kit  

C500 Features

Bluetoth profiles supported:  

- Handsfree AudioGateway

- Object Push (send contacts from your phone to the car kit)

Technical Features:  

- SPV C500: GSM 900/1800/1900  

Special Features:  

- Supported features: Dial from the car kit, langage detection, display Network and battery level

check out the following website and weep :D : http://www.driveblue.com/(gb5iqxn0axvfqnqp...t=chm_helpfiles -click on phones features

this give a list of all features supported by the spv c500 and it is very poor compared to sony z600 etc- unfortunately i now have the combination of spv c500 and parrot 3100 but the following are NOT supported by the c500: object push of a selection or all of phone book :evil: . Yes you can send contacts by blue tooth but sadely ONLY ONE BY ONE. Also spv c500 does NOT HAVE SPECIAL FEATURES- display network or battery level. Unfortunately automatic phone book sync does not work. Caller ID and the name if you have individually beamed it do work. :lol: I have emailed orange tech support to ask of a software upgrade for spv c500- please also do this otherwise it will take days to beam 1500 contacts :evil:

Check out my instructions in this thread to see how to transfer all contacts in one go.

I'd have thought it would be really simple to write a piece of software which goes through all the contacts on a phone, converts them to VCFs and then sends them via bluetooth.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not impressed with my CK3100. It was easy to fit, and the sound quality in terms of me hearing the other party is great, but sadly they cannot hear me - everyone keeps telling me what a bad line it is.

I tried phoning my answerphone and leaving a message - and even I couldn't understand what I was saying. Tried 3 different mic positions to no avail.

Guest rikwebb
I'm not impressed with my CK3100. It was easy to fit, and the sound quality in terms of me hearing the other party is great, but sadly they cannot hear me - everyone keeps telling me what a bad line it is.

I tried phoning my answerphone and leaving a message - and even I couldn't understand what I was saying. Tried 3 different mic positions to no avail.

Try looking in the menu's - there is a volume control for both the incomming sound and the mic.

If too much incomming sound, the sound processor tries to compensate for too much background noise. Try turning down the incomming volume, and the mic volume up.

Good luck

Rik

Try looking in the menu's - there is a volume control for both the incomming sound and the mic.

If too much incomming sound, the sound processor tries to compensate for too much background noise. Try turning down the incomming volume, and the mic volume up.

Good luck

Rik

Thanks - I'll try fiddling.

Guest Leaskovski

Right, i have installed mt ck3000 now! Unfortunatly tho, i am completly stumped as to how you pair the devices! So the question is can someone tell me how to pair my c500 with the parrot (ie all the steps, what menu i have to go to etc) Cheers people!

Guest Leaskovski

No worries everyone, i found out how you do it! doh! didnt realise that the menu brought up a new menu, i thought it took you back to the previous menu! Why didnt they just put devices in the bluetooth list instead of hiding it down there! i dunno!

Guest Leaskovski

Hi ya. I have got it all installed and working apart from my green button seems to not want to work so i might have to get parrot to ship a new keypad to me. So far i have taken a couple of calls to my parents and they said they could here me load and clear. If i can get this answer button working then im fine and dandy with the features i get. The current firmware i am using is 3.11. Maybe i need to upgrade mine?

Also what is the issue here with the advanced features. Would that be parrot's fault or do MS need to put some implementation into the OS. If it is OS related maybe someone could right some software for the OS which emulates one of the full featured phones?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Leaskovski

Okay, i see that i have issues some times when talking to people. If i am doing over 50mph some people have problems hearing me. However i did leave an answer phone message and i could understand myself when driving at about 70mph cough! I think i will have a play with the mic position as well.

Guest Leaskovski
Hope you get better results than me. My callers keep complaining, so I'm thinking of ripping it out and selling it on ebay.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you upgrade the firmware in the end? This afternoon i shall move the mic to the rearview mirror and give that a wirl. I had a scout about and it seems that aparently upgrading the firmware can improve the sound quality.

Anyone who wants to export their contacts as VCFs so they can easily upload them all to their Parrots in one go (and who don't want to use the program I mentioned earlier in this thread), then copy and paste this code into Outlook as a macro.

Sub ExportToVCard()

Dim XPortPath As String

XPortPath = "c:\VCFs\" 'target location

If Right(XPortPath, 1) <> "\" Then

XPortPath = XPortPath & "\"

End If

Dim fs

Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

If fs.FolderExists(XPortPath) = False Then

fs.CreateFolder (XPortPath)

End If

Dim ns As NameSpace

Dim fld As MAPIFolder

Dim itm

Dim itms As Items

Set ns = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI")

Set fld = ns.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderContacts) 'Outlook Contacts folder

Set itms = fld.Items

itms.Sort "[LastName]", False

' The following code is the loop that builds your code

For Each itm In itms

If TypeName(itm) = "ContactItem" Then

itm.SaveAs XPortPath & itm.FullName & ".vcf", olVCard

'If you'd rather have the filenames in lastname, firstname format use:

'itm.SaveAs XPortPath & itm.LastNameandFirstName & ext, olVCard

End If

Next itm

MsgBox ("All contacts exported")

Set ns = Nothing

Set fld = Nothing

Set fs = Nothing

End Sub

I can't take full credit for this - I found it on a site about iPods and adapted/improved it. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
Guest andysthorne
I have noticed that Parrot who make the amazing bluetooth car kit range supports the C500. It also seems that more features are availble compared to the E200.

See www.driveblue.com for more info...

I would like to add, i have just fitted a Parrot CK3100 kit to my New Beetle and it is so easy to fit. Everything is based on ISO connectors and if your car has an AMP and a phone input to the radio ( like Audi's, BMW etc) or it is non-iso then they even provide the wires for that scenerio. All you have to do is pair the phone as a Microsoft device and sit back and enjoy safe handsfree driving! 10/10 Parrot! This has to be the defacto accessory for any serious phone user, and it works with most other phones as well :D

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have just fitted this car kit, and as you said it was very straight forward. However I am unable to transfer my contacts across. I have an SPV C500, and don't know how to transfer. I understand that each contact must be transferred individually, but cannot figure out how to send by bluetooth. Does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks. Andy

Guest travisb

My original CK3000 was also bad re people not hearing me (no problem the other way round). I contacted Parrot and they asked me to return the box to France. It came back perfect within 10 days. I had tried the update firmware thing previously but this didn't fix the problem. Contact Parrot via their web site and or forum.

Love the ck3000 with my spv, got it fitted in my VW golf cabrio and works 100%.

Had the 3100 before but it was too much bling bling LOL and will attract thiefs to quick (live in holland btw). I am very happy with the 3000, it is sooo stealthy and works great.

A problem i had is that i bend a pin on the main controlbox (blue connector) and didn't had sound.. by fluke i found that the pin was bend and solved it by straightening it.

Maybe if you have a similar problem check those long metal pins they bend easily and are not protected..

Greetz

DvL

Guest Leaskovski

Yeah, i sent mine off to them (ck3000) to upgrade the formware as i was running 3.11 and because of this i could not answer calls using the green button!. It came back with 3.15 installed and it now works perfectly with my c500 (apart from the gash phone lock issue - COME ON ORANGE GIVE US A FIX YOU RETARDED MONKEY SPANKERS!) I do have a small issue tho. I have to tap the side of the radio for the devices to then pair! lol :D/ :-k. I think i have got a loose connection somewhere! haha. I will probably fix it this weekend if i dont get to drunk tonight!

Anyone who wants to export their contacts as VCFs so they can easily upload them all to their Parrots in one go (and who don't want to use the program I mentioned earlier in this thread), then copy and paste this code into Outlook as a macro.

Sub ExportToVCard()

Dim XPortPath As String

End Sub

I can't take full credit for this - I found it on a site about iPods and adapted/improved it.  Enjoy!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Top bit of code, much faster than most apps that you have to buy to do the same :lol:

Like it alot

• 1 month later...
Guest rspurgeon

Hi Guys, just recieved my CK3100 and everything was going smoothly until it came to sending the contacts. Ive followed all your advice and exported the VCF files from outlook, but when it comes to sending the files to the CK3100 using SmartExplorer it fails. It says unable to connect! Has anyone else come across this?

Cheers :D