Bluetooth Headset for C500

Guest hamstar50

Guest rikwebb

Yahooo,

Lucky old me, only started the offer yesterday :roll:

Try calling the Telford shop, thats where I got mine, just to see if the shops have different offers!

Rik

Guest rikwebb

Just spoke to O in Derby.

Offer has been pulled and stores should not have done the offer, person I spoke to could not understand why Telford did it. :oops:

And once again - Lucky old me :)

By the way, Derby have 9 C500's in stock for all of you wanting one.

Rik

Guest jedi-masta

I got my new shiny c500 today and got the itech headset too....quite bloody annoyed it doesn't work! :evil: :evil:

Do I have to do something special???

I just bought the iTech £29 from Orange.  It's tiny and works perfectly with the C500.  Voice dialling as well.

Guest rikwebb
I got my new shiny c500 today and got the itech headset too....quite bloody annoyed it doesn't work!  :evil:  :evil:  

Do I have to do something special???

Not realy!, whats the problem?

Can you bond it?

Have you tried RTFM ?

Rik

Guest rikwebb

Just to check.

Press and hold button on earpiece for a few seconds (about 5) Device will power up first with flashing green - keep button depressed.

Eventually LED will flash green and red alternatively.

Thats bonding mode.

Now search for device on C500.

Hope this helps, its not that clear in manual.

Rik :wink:

Is a stereo profile a ROM update issue or can it be achieved through a software application?

I am surprised this has not come up before with more and more phones and PDA'S being used as MP3 players and being Bluetooth compliant.

Guest chucky.egg

Have tried the BlueTrek G2 (nice enough headset, very light, but very "plasticy") and the Jabra 250 (my fave at the moment, for comfort). Both worked fine, incl voice-dial

Guest t3dluke

I really like the Bluetrek, it aint that plasticy, is very light, very small and the best range of any headset I've seen. On msn using my class 1 dongle i can get a full 10m out of it.

So waht do you hear if you play MP3s through a "stereo" headset in handsfree (rather than stereo) mode?

Does the same sound come out of both ear-pieaces?

I could probably live with that. Could someone test it?

Got my C500 on upgrade today, and when I asked about bluetooth headsets I was told they are all half price when u upgrade to the C500 and a couple of other phones.

Got the Jabra BT250 for £29.99! And got £30 credit on my bill for trading in an old (and I mean old!) handset.

All in all, not a bad deal, considering I didn't pay anything for the C500 itself!

Guest Phil Lee

I decided to go with a Plantronics M3000 headset in the end. I ordered it from Expansys on Friday afternoon and it was delivered at 8:30am on Saturday morning. I have only used it briefly but so far am very impressed with it. The sound quality is excellent and it supports all the functions you'd expect like voice dialling, last number redial etc. The only problem I had was getting it paired with the C500. Once I'd read the C500 manual it was a piece of cake. Always RTFM :)

Guest Phil Lee

Just tried playing an MP3 using Media Player. I didn't get any sound coming out of the headset even though the phone was registering it as being in handsfree mode. It seems that with my headset (Plantronics M3000) you only get the sound of phone calls coming through.

Hmmm

Earlier in this thread InspectorGadget posted that if phone and headset support Handsfree mode then the headset should receive the MP3 sounds.

Can anyone else check this?

Guest Phil Lee

My headset definitely supports Handsfree mode. I've made use of all the handsfree features such as last number redial and voice dialling with no problem.

Guest inspectorgadjet

Have you got the little handsfree icon on the home screen when you play music in media player?

Have you tried pushing the connect button on the headset once playing the music?

Guest Phil Lee

Yes I had the handfree icon displayed and I also tried to push the connect button and still no music. I'm not bothered about this at all since I'm never going to use the C500 to play music.

The ability to play MP3s over bluetooth is the only thing that would persuade me to move from my MPx200.

Unless this can be made to work I think I will stick with what I have got.