EXCLUSIVE - HTC Blue Angel coming to Orange as SPV M2000!

Guest PaulOBrien

Well only you can answer that question, it depends on what your gonna use it for.

I've been using the Mpx200 since November for business and personal but really need a PDA. My company are to tight to buy one for me and I'm to tight to buy one for myself. If, like i said, I'm gonna part with cash it has to be the best available and I aim to get maximum usage.

The MPx (300) looks like the future dependant of release date. I ain't waitin til 2007 :cry: otherwise M2000 here i come.

Ive been using an M1000 for a few months now and I dont think its that big at all especially when you consider what you can do with it. If Im off out for the evening I just slip it in my back pocket and forget about it.

For business use my M1000 is a must have. I just cant wait for the M2000!!!

Guest Blakey

I used to have an HP Jornada 910 (pretty much the first phone and PDA combined I think). Pretty good, but it was quite big to use as a phone. I eventually proved it was too big when I took it out on the beers with me, in my back pocket, got really messy and when I woke up the next day it was smashed in my pocket. I guess I sat on it. :-o

I think the smartphones are a big improvement as they are so small. I'm so impressed with the form factor of the c500 I think I have to get one. :-)

Blakey

So you'd rather the or need the functionality of a Smartphone, (SP), more than a SP/PDA combo. Smoove.

I need a PDA/SP, I also need to know that i'm not gonna have to upgrade in 2-3 months 'cause there's a better more adept combo.

Form is a factor for me as i travel light and my business travels with me.

I am not signing up for another contract without knowing it suits MY NEEDS rather than Orange's. After all they may not carry the MPx (300), O2 or Vodaf' might.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RussellH

Looks great, sounds great. Bet it'll be very expensive though. Worth every penny I'm sure, but with the M1000 costing £250, this is likely to cost more than I want to spend on a phone. Like it though. Like it a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nevermind

I have a preproduction MPX that I have been playing with for a few weeks. It isn't too bad, but the processor is REALLY slow. It would be nice to see an XScale 400 in one of these. I do like the MPX's portrait/landscape modes alot. And the thumbboard is pretty swanky. The camera is crap - Although I could care less about a camera on my phone.

Guest WillEastbury
I find my M1000 a great day time device, everything i could possibly need from music, games and internet.

When im out on a night, the sim is popped into either my SPV C500 or SonyEriccson K700i

To be fair M1000 isny really that big!

Same here, I use my M1000 by day, and my E200 if I'm out clubbing and can be bothered to set the divert up, otherwise I'll take the M1000 with me.

Only fault with the M1000 is the battery life ... Which is, to be frank - TOTALLY crap.

No problem with the size at all . . . . . . .

If Anyone is interested I have the full official Orange specs for the SPV M2000 here.

Features Integrated GSM/GPRS,Bluetooth,WiFi,VGA camera & QWERTY keyboard.

MS windows mobile 2003 pocket pc phone edition.

Long message 640 chars SMS.

ROM 32mb, RAM 128mb. 3.5" TFT LCD- 240x320 pixels. 64k cols. touch sensitive screen. 71.6 mmx 125mmx18.7 mm. weight 212g

graphic controller- MPEG4 decoder. + 2D Graphics accelerator.

Keyboard/button/switch

39 keys extractable keyboard.

6 programmable (1.Contacts 2.Calendar 3. Start 4.Inbox 5.Menu 6.Done/OK)

Power Button, Camera capture button, volume control Up/Down

Voice recorder/voice command Button

5 way navigation control.

2 phone buttons. Reset switch

Notification leds for voice SMS/WiFi/Bluetooth + vibration controls

Audio: Microphone built in. Loudspeaker. WAV/WMA/AMR/AMR-WB/AAC/AAC+/MP3 stereo

Playback:16bits with 8khz,11khz,22khz,44.1khz

Record: 16 bits as above

Camera: Colour CMOS VGA camera module. Reflecting mirror

Camcorder:QCIF,min 15fps (in live mode) clip size only limited my memory or card capacity)

Max 15 seconds per clip for sending

Interface: One infrared port. One 22 pin individual port for signals (for USB,serial,car kit,power & audio)

SIM card slot, MMC/SD card slot

External antenna connector. One audio jack

Battery. Removable Lithium Polymer. Battery life 16.5 hrs of PDA (without WiFi)

Talk Time of 3-5 hrs. Standby 200 hrs

AC adapter

Cradle: 22pin cradle connecter to main unit, DC jack. 2 slots,charge main unit and 2nd battery. Serial or USB cable between cradle & PC

Bluetooth: 1.1 compliant. Support profile.

Service Discovery application profile,serial port/Dial up networking/Headset/LAN access/Genereric Object Exchange/File Transfer/Object Push/Handsfree profiles

Coexist with WiFi

WiFi

IEEE 802.11b compliant. WLAN Antenna: Internal

11,5.5 and 1 Mbps per channel, auto fallback for expanded range

WPA authentication

ELP mode

Application Software:

Java. MMS. Photo Album. Photo Caller ID. Camera Capture Utility

Camcorder. MPEG4 Video/Audio streaming. Voice Command/Dial

Blackberry web client. Sim manager. Backup & Restore. FAX.

Wireless Modem. 40+ polyphonies MIDI ringtones. Powerpoint Presenter.

Information just up from the customer marketing department.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RussellH

Been keeping an eye on what's going on with this product. It's top of my wish list at the moment. Just noticed a couple of things in Mr Mond's earlier post, which differ from details given in the review by mobile-review.com or Dade's comments in the other M2000 thread. Firstly, whether or not the device will come with voice dialling facility or software. Secondly, the joystick - five way or nine way. And thirdly, whether it has a loudspeaker facility for calls, mp3s, etc. Shame about the camera being VGA only, but you don't seem to be able to get the best of everything in one device and this certainly seems to be the closest thing.

Guest mrmond

I think if you scan the spec closely you'll see they do mention internal loudspeaker for playback of mps etc and handsfree conversation.

Also the software does include voice activated dialling via the built in mike,hands free kit.

Hoping to have a play as soon as one available in work. On hols at moment so have only triedout simulation & other infofrom phone trainers.

MrMond

Guest RussellH

So perfect for gaming as well. Getting better all the time.

Just got off the phone from Orange to check if and when the M2000 will be available. No exact date, but before the end of October apparantly. Bring it on!

Guest blackhorse
There is no way its going to be by the end of October. Good chance that it will be business only to start with.

Its possible it was in Orange retail magazine for September as coming soon for customers.

It would be nice if it was, as ive got a liberate upgrade coming up in Jan! ^_^

Guest rickyburke

dade, wot is the keypad like, are the buttons a bit small??

they look like their not raised at all so just wondering ergonomically how this worked.

Cheers mate.

I do indeed think that the keybaord is pretty good. Each key has a raised 'pimple' which helps to locate the right key and the keypress has a tactile click to it. Personally I can type faster on the SIP but the keyboard is good for newbie's and for when you dont want to use the stylus.

Guest rickyburke

Cool, i'm definately getting one when they come out, it'll save me a load of money on my internet costs because i'll just use my broadband connection from my home pc!

Guest philgriffiths

Any idea on compatibility of accessories? will accessories from the M1000 work with it? If not have there been many peripheral products announced for the M2000 like in car chargers, cases etc?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.