EXCLUSIVE - HTC Blue Angel coming to Orange as SPV M2000!

Guest PaulOBrien

As for compatible M1000 accessories, Chargers are ok as are sync cables and soft cases. Hard cases, like the metal one, wont fit as the M2000 is a few mm's thicker and same goes for the M1000 sync cradle as the M2000 is a little too wide.

Guest philgriffiths

So its simply the dimensions of the unit rather than the actual interface port that is causing compatability issues.

So if expansys are selling them does this mean that the release of the M2000 on orange is not so very far away? ^_^

Guest dbarfoot

Mobiles 2 Your Door told me yesterday that Orange had confirmed with them that they'd be receiving stock in the week beginning 25 Oct. Not sure I believe them, but I live in hope.

Dave.

Guest rickyburke

Orange does this all the time, they will never give a date, not even a rough date!

Surely they know something about the release!!

All they tell me is, 'sometime this month'

Starting to debate that as well from what Dade is saying!

When do you think we will be able to get our hands on it Dade?

I really cant say (partly because Im not sure what Im allowed to say or not!) but Orange have not told me their target release date.

I personally think we are talking weeks rather than days.

As soon as I know more Ill post some info!

Guest blackhorse
I really cant say (partly because Im not sure what Im allowed to say or not!) but Orange have not told me their target release date.

I personally think we are talking weeks rather than days.

As soon as I know more Ill post some info!

Basically we work for Orange, in our contract there is a clause on customer sensativity, which states dates cannot and must not be discloused outside of Orange that would indicate when products and services will be made available to Joe Public. Nore are we allowed to reveal any upcoming promotions. Such break is considered GROSS misconduct with instant dismisal and possible prosection.

So where we have dates on our systems these are for internal use only. When were allowed to give more idea we will do, but as Dade says for now just gonna have to sit tight

Guest bilbo_baggins

I'm currently trying to decide whether to get the iMate PDA2K from expansys with a vodafone connection (SIM free) it's just under £400 with a 200 min/month contract.

From prices advertised I should be able to get it for £150 on Orange (but locked to orange). Just depends how long Orange takes.

I've certain time pressures. Also, I'm with orange at the moment so it would be preferable to move to Vodafone so I can keep my number. If I get the M2000 on Orange I'll have to get a new number, or wait EVEN LONGER to get it as an upgrade!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zarquon

For once it is good to corporate 8)

Now of corse the race is on to see if Orange technical support get back to me regarding my E100s inability to download a ringtone (and its on sale) or access 'your page' before I get an upgrade. Stick my sim in a Nokia and 'your page' works fine. ho-hum

Guest zarquon

The point is, given that the M1000 is £250 with a contract, and I would be getting an M2000 as an upgrade on an existing contract, probably a saving of £200 compared with £579 for the PDA2K, maybe more.

I am quite happy with extending my contract for another 12 months and I am quite happy with Orange.

23/11/04 Contract renewed, M2000 due in within 3 days, cost? 99.99 ^_^

Guest zarquon

Spoke to Orange Business Services, no date on the system for it's release for upgrade yet and I quote "probably end of month or beginning of December" ^_^

So the race is is still on, will I get the fix for my E100 before I get an M2000. I've had one call back from technical support after 9 days, on that timescale I waiting for the next on Friday.

Guest blackhorse

windowsmobiletraining.com have launched the Orange course on M2000.

Got my order in for an internal unit.

Id say hopefully end of this month! Get them testing boys on overtime me thinks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.