UP TO DATE LINKS for MINI SD CARDS

Guest simonbratt99

Guest Confucious
I don't really see why anyone would pay 99 pounds for a 1GB card and 35 pounds for 512 when the rest of Europe is selling miniSD for prices roughly equivalent to the normal SD-prices. Since (mini)SD 512 sells for about 55 euros and SD 1GB for 80 euros a normal price for 1GB miniSD would also be around 80 euros (roughly 58 GB pounds).

Lots of places in Europe advertise prices like these but none actually have them in stock. Anyone can advertise something they don't have!

Guest chucky.egg
I don't really see why anyone would pay 99 pounds for a 1GB card ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cos I wanted it now from a supplier I could trust

MobyMemory did me proud BTW and I would certainly recommend them, but if (like Exploited) you can wait a bit for one from Europe or for the SanDisk ones then you'll almost certainly save some money

• 1 month later...
Guest westleyl

UPDATE >> Microdia site now has option to select the 2Gb card for resellers to buy 100 pcs

http://www.microdia.com/corp/jsp/splash/pr...11100&pcode=102

Anyone reselling these in the UK yet ?

Liam Westley

FYI: Company claiming to have 2Gb mini-SD soon.  Check out the launch poster (OK - marketing stuff); the mini-SD card has 2Gb written on it.

Story on engadget,

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000050024726/

leads you to the web site,

http://www.microdia.com with the launch poster.

Hopefully a relase like this might force the 1Gb price down - or allow us to have 2Gb cards by the end of the year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Swampie

I just ordered a 512MB miniSD from Crucial UK for £31.71 inc VAT and (free) delivery. Completely forgot to check whether it came with an adaptor though!

Don't know if you can find them cheaper elsewhere though.

D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest slimbarry

I just got a 512mb card from crucial and windows says its only 480mb after formatting ;)

Is that normal?

btw, i can confirm it does come with an adapter

TNM

Edited by slimbarry

Guest Confucious
I just got a 512mb card from crucial and windows says its only 480mb after formatting ;)

Is that normal?

btw, i can confirm it does come with an adapter

TNM

480? normally 488 as the 512Mb is using 1000 Bytes = 1Kb and 1000Kb = 1Mb =512000000b

512000000/1024=500000Kb

500000/1024=488Mb

It is the old How many bytes = 1Kb argument it should be 1024 (2^10) but most people use 1000 these days.

HTH

Guest slimbarry
480? normally 488 as the 512Mb is using 1000 Bytes = 1Kb and 1000Kb = 1Mb =512000000b

512000000/1024=500000Kb

500000/1024=488Mb

It is the old How many bytes = 1Kb argument it should be 1024 (2^10) but most people use 1000 these days.

HTH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm, well it definately says 480.93mb in the properties on the phone. Its a brand new card, formatted in the SD slot of my laptop. Is it just bad luck?

TNM

Guest des1983
hmm, well it definately says 480.93mb in the properties on the phone. Its a brand new card, formatted in the SD slot of my laptop. Is it just bad luck?

TNM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey slimbarry i too brought a 512 mini SD card of crucial and i to get 480.93mb so i think its just the way crucial make them

Guest Confucious
Not read through the whole thread but xlshop have 1Gb miniSD for £65.09 (inc. VAT).

Looky here...

due in w/c 18.04.05*

It will be interesting to see if they actually get them. So far everyone advertising at low prices have failed to receive stock (including xlshop in the past)

I think there is a wholesaler who is messing them arround but who knows? Maybe they will receive them this time which would be good news.

Guest slimbarry
Hey slimbarry i too brought a 512 mini SD card of crucial and i to get 480.93mb so i think its just the way crucial make them

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:|

well I guess its pot luck then.. in terms of manufacturers. At least the crucial one is cheap.

Guest radiator
due in w/c 18.04.05*

It will be interesting to see if they actually get them. So far everyone advertising at low prices have failed to receive stock (including xlshop in the past)

I think there is a wholesaler who is messing them arround but who knows? Maybe they will receive them this time which would be good news.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually didn't notice that until after I'd placed my order :-(

I've emailed xlshop asking when they're gonna have them back in stock...I'll let you guys know.

Guest radiator

xlshop have emailed me stating that the 1Gb cards won't be in stock until the beginning of May...

:cry:

...but after a bit of searching, bristolcameras seem to have them in stock (£65 + £2.50 p&p).

Edited by radiator

Guest BanziBarn
xlshop have emailed me stating that the 1Gb cards won't be in stock until the beginning of May...

:cry:

...but after a bit of searching, bristolcameras seem to have them in stock (£65 + £2.50 p&p).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its £5 shipping now :?: How do you know they are in stock, did you call them becuase it doesn't seem to have any indication of this online?

If they've defo got some, I'm going to order ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BanziBarn
Anyone got a 1gb card yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Might have to give in and get a 512, but don't really want too...... How long can I live with a 16mb! ;)

Guest BanziBarn
Some people have already bought them from Moby who are due to get more in tomorrow.

HTH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool - £93, thats a lot of wonger though.

Guest Confucious
Cool - £93, thats a lot of wonger though.

No one else has had them in at ANY price - it's easy to advertise something for thrupence if you don't have it in stock. AFAIK Moby are the only people to have actually suplied 1Gb cards.