UP TO DATE LINKS for MINI SD CARDS

Guest simonbratt99

Guest Exploited

I did a little looking around and found that the 256MB miniSD was cheapest at interngeheugen.com in the Netherlands. And they offer an adapter to go with the card when memoryshop.nl has no mention of that.

The plan is to use the 256MB miniSD-card for a while, untill the 512Mb or even the 1MB card become more widely available. When that happens I have the adapter so I can use the miniSD-card in several of my other things.

Guest Exploited
i bought a few minisd cards from kingmax at memoryshop, all came with an adapter..

It didn't mention those on the site whereas most other sites mention de adapters specifically. Thanks for the info!

Any word on the availability of the 1GB miniSD-card yet?

Have a look at the Orca Logic web site for Transcend Mini SDs - £58.16 for a 512Mb with free shipping (UK only I believe).

Have you tried these in your C500 yet or were you just passing on a price you saw?

If these are compatible I will be snapping one up tomorrow :)

Haven't tried one yet - I've just requested a 512Mb one and it's expected within 3 - 5 days.

I will post again once I've tried it out, but is there reason to suspect that they won't work? I've got a Transcend SD card in my Dell X5 PDA and have not had any trouble with it.

Guest bweidema

It didn't mention those on the site whereas most other sites mention de adapters specifically. Thanks for the info!

Any word on the availability of the 1GB miniSD-card yet?

no, i cant find anything on minisd, only on normal sd:

SanDisk SecureDigital Memory Card 1GB * euro 92,82

Guest Confucious

Mine was £29.95 ordered late Thurs Eve turned up This morning (Saturday). SanDisk card with adaptor. I was pleasantly suprised at the adaptor working so easily, I just took my old card out, oput it in the adaptor, copied it via my card reader onto the PC, swapped my new card for the old and copied everything backk onto it.

Prompt replies to my emailed queries, quick service and a good price (If you use the code I posted above you'll get 5% discount) leads me to recommend davoom. :)

Guest rickwookie

Thanks for the offer bweidema. :)

But, have ordered my 512MB card from Orca Logic. Similar price to memoryshop.nl, but they're in stock!

I'll post how it is when it turns up.

Guest bweidema
Thanks for the offer bweidema.   :lol:  

But, have ordered my 512MB card from Orca Logic. Similar price to memoryshop.nl, but they're in stock!

yes, it looks like it will take a while before they are available again...

but my pleasure! :)

Thanks for the offer bweidema.  :) 

Hey Rickwookie...looking forward to your review. Transcend stuff is usually very good and rated highly for its xfer speeds.

@JampoTT

How much for the 512 cards?

I've also ordered a 512mb mini secure SD card from Orca, I have asked whether they actually have them in stock but they haven't replied.

Guest rickwookie

Sorry for not posting sooner. My delivery arrived from Orca on Monday morning.

Unfortunately, it was a full size SD card they'd sent!!! Don't worry though, apparently it was just a picking error, as the mini SD cards are not in stock yet. The price and product code are all correct for the mini SD though.

I have to say that although I was disappointed at first, I was enormously impressed with the customer service when I call to report the mistake.

I was expecting the usual: Must have been a typo on the website, no mini SD's available at that price send it back at your own expense, type thing. But instead I got a huge apology and they assured me that as soon as the mini SD cards are in stock they will ship one out with a prepaid envelope to return the incorrect SD card. They even DID call me back when they said they would. That's a first for any online retailer I've ever dealt with!

If the mini SD card is the same spec as this SD card I have here it looks like it's a good one. 60x transfer rate! (9.4MB/s read, 8.7 MB/s write according to the packaging). When I get the 'real deal' mini SD card I'll do some speed tests using my SanDisk USB2 8in1. I guess it's the write speed that's important, i.e. how fast can we get those films onto the card. The read speed only has to be fast enough to 'feed' betaplayer, so unless some videophile has encoded their film at a rate higher than 9.4MBytes per second... :wink:

Guest Exploited
WOW!

http://www.memoryshop.nl/type/mini-Secure-Digital

That's a bit of a price hike, €69 -> €149!!!

And still not in stock.  :shock:

I guess they were getting tired answering all the requests for more information. 8)

The 256MB miniSD-card I ordered from a different company for €35,= (GBP 23.94) has been sent today. I should get it tomorrow or friday. :)

Guest rickwookie
The 256MB miniSD-card I ordered from a different company for €35,= (GBP 23.94) has been sent today. I should get it tomorrow or friday. :)

"a different company"... ...is it a secret? :wink:

Guest RayBanUK

Hi guys, new here, just bought a C500 and had it for 2 days. Not sure if this has been posted yet but the 512MB Mini SD card at ebuyer is £64.64 inc VAT and Delivery.

Sorry for not posting sooner. My delivery arrived from Orca on Monday morning.

Unfortunately, it was a full size SD card they'd sent!!! Don't worry though, apparently it was just a picking error, as the mini SD cards are not in stock yet. The price and product code are all correct for the mini SD though.

I have to say that although I was disappointed at first, I was enormously impressed with the customer service when I call to report the mistake.

I was expecting the usual: Must have been a typo on the website, no mini SD's available at that price send it back at your own expense, type thing. But instead I got a huge apology and they assured me that as soon as the mini SD cards are in stock they will ship one out with a prepaid envelope to return the incorrect SD card. They even DID call me back when they said they would. That's a first for any online retailer I've ever dealt with!

If the mini SD card is the same spec as this SD card I have here it looks like it's a good one. 60x transfer rate! (9.4MB/s read, 8.7 MB/s write according to the packaging). When I get the 'real deal' mini SD card I'll do some speed tests using my SanDisk USB2 8in1. I guess it's the write speed that's important, i.e. how fast can we get those films onto the card. The read speed only has to be fast enough to 'feed' betaplayer, so unless some videophile has encoded their film at a rate higher than 9.4MBytes per second...  :wink:

Orca 512 not in stock though website suggests they are I have now been informed that they are due mid to late next week. I was diappointed as I will be away on business before it arrives and need it before I go, ORCA are going to lend me a 256 to get me by until the 512 arrives. Whilst I was disapointed with the 512 being out of stock how can you question fantastic support like that. For me Orca are the best and I will continue to buy from them in the future first class support means so much especially when buying on the net. Having said that the the 256 loan card hasn't arrived yet though loan offer only made yesterday, I trust Orca. :)