UP TO DATE LINKS for MINI SD CARDS

Guest simonbratt99

Guest iainp999
Orca 512 not in stock though website suggests they are I have now been informed that they are due mid to late next week.

Nice one mate, cheers for the info. I ordered one a few days ago an was wondering why there was still no sign of the card and why the money hadn't left my account yet (paid debit card).

They really should update the info on the site though.

Guest rickwookie
I ordered one a few days ago an was wondering why there was still no sign of the card and why the money hadn't left my account yet (paid debit card).

That's cool too. Many other companys take your money even when they don't have the goods to ship. Which I find outrageous.

Guest Jasonkruys

Orca have offered to lend me a 128mb sd till they come in next week, mid-end I was told, like yourselves. I was surprised at this offer, and moreso when I came here and found others have too. The attention to their customers from Orca is awesome.

ello,

Ebuyer are indeed selling the kingmax 512mb card for £64.64 inc VAT but that doesn't include P&P (standard postage brings it up to £68.51)

They are also out of stock (says 5 days wait)

The Orca guys are selling "transcend" cards @£58.16 which includes vat and delivery is free :)

Has anyone actually used one of these 'transcend' cards? I know it has 5 year warranty, but i'd rather just pay the extra tenner if kingmax are more reliable/faster etc.

Matt - (the noobie)

Just had an email from Orca to say that their stock of the 512Mb cards are due either Thursday or Friday. They said I should receive shipment before 12:30pm the following day...so fingers crossed I will have my phone and memory by weekend.

ello,

Ebuyer are indeed selling the kingmax 512mb card for £64.64 inc VAT but that doesn't include P&P (standard postage brings it up to £68.51)

They are also out of stock (says 5 days wait)

The Orca guys are selling "transcend" cards @£58.16 which includes vat and delivery is free :)

Has anyone actually used one of these 'transcend' cards? I know it has 5 year warranty, but i'd rather just pay the extra tenner if kingmax are more reliable/faster etc.

Matt - (the noobie)

HOLY SHI*!

Good news: EBuyer are now in stock

Bad new: they have also raised the price from £64.64 to £158.36!!!

(i have just ordered one from orca even though their site still says 3/5 days wait)

Guest RayBanUK

yeah I just went back to check myself and was going to notify everyone on here, what a joke! Surely a mistake?

floater, it was with free P+P at the time I quote the price. But given the latest price hike (understatement), I think I will stick to 256MB for the time being!

Guest spacerace

if you look further back in the thread you will see a comment from someone that EBuyer had raised the price from £64.64 to £158.36

type-72 placed an order when they were still at the £64 price - before the rise.

indeed.

also, orcalogic have just increased their expected waiting time to 7/10 days :)

I dont care really as long as i get one!

and yes, we are talking about MINI sd cards!

Guest spacerace

same here, I really want one but am waiting to check Sat Nav reviews first to check that whichever one I get will transfer all its maps etc to a third party card. There has been some confusion over whether TT will transfer of its data from the supplied card to a 3rd party one although I believe thats been ironed out and that you definitely can.

Further to my previous email regarding the 512MB Mini Secure Digital Cards, unfortunately I have just received confirmation by Transcend that they could be at least another week.  However, they have received the 256MB cards in stock today so they could be with you by Tuesday before 12.00 - the cost of the £29.60 ex VAT per card.  

Please can you let me know if you would like to go ahead with the 256MB card or wait for the 512MB?

We sincerely apologise again for the delay and look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Orcalogic

Fu@k it!!!

Guest Exploited

Any news yet on the availability of 1GB miniSD-cards? The past few days there have been many annoucements of bigger flash-memory cards (like the 8GB CF-card), but I haven't seen any myself yet for miniSD.

Guest chucky.egg

Somebody said that 1Gb miniSD cards were expected this month (October), but I don't know where they heard that.

I haven't seen any, and I haven't seen any "coming soon" either, so I would guess it's still several weeks away at least

Guest Confucious

When 1Gb mini-Sd cards come out I have no doubt they will be horrendously expensive. When 1Gb SD cards were released they were over £150, I bought one a bit later at £99 and within a month they dropped to about £60.

If 512Mb cards are anything to go by there could be problems with availability as well.

I have bought a 256Mb card to tie me over until 1Gb cards drop to a reasonable price and availability.

As for when they will come out, that is anyone's guess. Rumours and speculation are just that. Until they become available to buy I wouldn't hold your breath. Rumours of a 2Gb SD card being "imminent" have been arround since about last December - they still have not arrived.

Guest Confucious

Anyone can make a mock up of a 1gb card, or even a pre production model. It doesn't mean that they will be produced and sold any time soon tho'.

I'm not holding my breath. :-&

Guest willhopk

I just got my 256 mini SD from www.pixel-flash.com

Cost only £26.49 INCLUDING P&P

At the time of ordering it said availability 3-5 day, and was delivered within a week.

Guest M@rtin

Just received my 512Mb from Orca Logic (finally!) - it works fine and was worth the wait for £58 delivered! Seems pretty quick too, rated at 45x according to the packaging - one thing they should change though is the picture of the card being inserted into a P900 in the manual ^_^