UP TO DATE LINKS for MINI SD CARDS

Guest simonbratt99

Guest Confucious

Being the untrusting type I checked out DABS and did a search of their store for 3J6GWS and got nothing.:shock:

If you put 3J6GWS in the quicklinx search you do get a 512 Mb card for £50.99 tho'! You would have thought a search would have turneed it up or maybe I'm just stupid! :D

Prices do seem to be dropping :lol:

Guest NovaPost

I should of mentioned you have to use the quicklinx box, your right it is stupid that you have to use a seperate search box, should just use the same one.

In case anyone wants to know, the card Dabs shipped me was made by integral.

Guest Confucious

price now 183,000 Won = approx £90.60 but I get a java script error when I try to get delivery options.

Does anyone speak korean? Can we actually order these or is that the bulk purchase price? How much for delivery?

It looks like they are now being produced so should hopefully be available sooner rather than later :lol:

Here's a message from Richard in Terravit. It was left on

http://www.mobile-review.com/forum2/showth...ead.php?t=15001

Hi Guys!  

This is a Richard of "Teravit" in Korea.

There are just two manufactures which are making memory cards like SD and

mini-SD, RS-MMC. "Teravit" is one of them.

Our products are as follows;

- RS-MMC: from 128MB to 1GB

- Mini-SD: from 128MB to 1GB

- SD: Two kind of typs(Made in Teravit, Taiwan OEM)

- MMC: Taiwan OEM

- USB Combo: There are two kinds of function(Read/Writer, USB driver)

- Read/Writer: 5 in one type

Even thought some guys know the unit price about 1GB throught the Internet, But, It is not fix yet. And you can contact me anytime if you want. because we are selling the above products to oversea customers.

Please check our homepage(www.teravit.co.kr) and contact me  

E-mail: [email protected]

Tel No: 82-31-205-0311

Mobile Phone: 82-11-9129-8047

Thanks

http://www.mobile-review.com/forum2/showth...ead.php?t=15001

Guest spacerace

I emailed him yesterday to confirm UK availability and price, as yet no response.

Well I _have_ had a reply, but there appears to be no text in it, just my original email formatted like a reply (with > indents)

Ha ha! I also got a lot of funny replies, but here's what I got after a bit of insisting:

Dear, Sir

Thank you for your concern

Even thought some guys know the unit price throught Korean market, it was a misinformation.

As you know, there are so many difficult factors to make 1G items like a yield, a technical issue and so on,.

So, actually the scope of the unit price is as follows;

1GB mini-SD

- Under 10ea: US $ 135

- From 10 to 100ea:  US $ 129

- From 100 to 1K:   US $ 125

- Over 1K:  US $ 119

1GB RS-MMC

- Under 10ea:  US $ 135

- From 10 to 100ea:  US $ 127

- From 100 to 1K:   US $ 123

- Over 1K:  US $ 118

In mini-SD case, you can get a sample anytime and we can send it after one day from check

your receipt of money. But, In RS-MMC case, we can send next week(maybe Friday)

because we have no stock.  

English version of Our homepage is under construction, will be finished until this weekend.

You can get some information from next Monday.

If you have any other questions, please contact me anytime.

Thanks/Richard

AND:

Please inform me just the quantity which you want. and then I will send an Invoice to you by a Fax.

After you check it and then please send money for sample by T/T.

After we check the receipt of sample, we will send them within one day.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 40th Floor

http://www.datamem.com/viewcat.asp?C=768

512MB Transcend miniSD Card (Secure Digital) DM55 085 $61.25

Free ship available. This is the standard 2MB/sec (12x) Transcend 512 MB miniSD with the regular SD adapter in the package.

CORRECTION: The PDF for the product at datamem.com said 2MB/sec. The delivered product is rated 45x. Read: 7.7MB/sec. Write: 6.6MB/sec.

Guest NIGHTMARE
CORRECTION:  The PDF for the product at datamem.com said 2MB/sec.  The delivered product is rated 45x.  Read: 7.7MB/sec.  Write: 6.6MB/sec.

not what you will be getting when you use the card through the phone, the phone slows the data transferre down alot.

Guest 40th Floor

In that case, it's faster than you probably think. iPAQs are notoriously slow when it comes to SD card access, at about 1 MB/sec (an Axim X30/316 is 3x faster at 3+MB/sec). MB here and in the computed rates is 1 million bytes (so sue me).

Attached is, hopefully, a graphic showing the read rates. "rom" is the built-in memory (not RAM; not enough), and "msd" is the miniSD I wrote about above.

Guest simonbratt99

1gb mini SD cards will be very handy, store 3 or 4 films hundreds of songs and still loadsa space left.

I cant imagine the C500 getting much better, normally upgrade every year, will i bother next september?

si

received my 512mb mini SD this morning, managed to get it for £48 delivered, from this guy in germany:

http://stores.ebay.de/Reiners-Memory-Shop_...displayZ2QQtZkm

actual buy it now price is 59.00EUR and postage 6.50EUR plus 3.5% paypal charge, all converted and added up come to around £48.

Come complete with sd adaptor and is in my phone right now and works perfectly, just got to wait for my films to finish encoding now!

cheers

Guest Confucious

I decided that by the time you'be paid P&P and TT charges it was too expensive (and you'd probably be stung for VAT and customs duty on the way in) - Did anyone else get one?

Guest capt_janeway

Probably been done but here's my experience

Manufacturer: Transcend Memory Size: 512MB (45x speed)

Product: Mini Secure Digital Card Quantity: 1 Unit Price: £44.00

Sub-total:£44.00

Carriage :£0.00

VAT :£7.70

Total:£51.70

from Offtek

Ordered 19 Nov delivered to office on 22 Nov - popped in phone and works wonderfully

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an update for the first post in the thread:-

Orcalogic are now doing the Transcend 512MB (45x speed) Mini SD including full-size adaptor for £42.99 (£50.51 inc VAT) + free P&P.

Ordered one on Monday afternoon, arrived first thing Wednesday morning.

I'm very happy now :lol:

• 1 month later...