C500 Cases

Guest lilson

I'm after a simple screen protector like THESE  

You just need to search on ebay for something like "Martin Fields".. I bought an E800 (toshiba PDA) one, and easily got 2 screens out of it..

Guest james srs2
For now I've ordered a clear case from www.m-99.co.uk

Here are some sizes in mm (length width depth)

108 46 16 - SPV C500  

97 43 29 - 6510  

102 43 20 - 3100  

105 44 19 - 7250  

110 46 22 - MyX7  

106 48 22 - T300  

109 46 20 - S45 Siemens

when you get ya clear case, let us know which one you ordered, and what the fit is like! as the C500 aint listed, well i can see it anyway!!

cheers,

Guest MaximilianWeisheit
For now I've ordered a clear case from www.m-99.co.uk

Here are some sizes in mm (length width depth)

108 46 16 - SPV C500  

97 43 29 - 6510  

102 43 20 - 3100  

105 44 19 - 7250  

110 46 22 - MyX7  

106 48 22 - T300  

109 46 20 - S45 Siemens

120 50 23 - SPV E100

108 47 20 - i-mate SP3i

mh which one will fit the best ,-)))

Guest simonbratt99

well i glued that screen protector that came with the phone, to the screen, cos it kept fallin off. Now though i cant really see the screen much and its all a bit sticky.

You didnt mention if super glue was best, but im thinking now, maybe i should have use pva glue instead. (and a bit less of it)

I think you owe me a new phone for missleading me. Orange didnt seem to think it would be covered under warranty.

So as the screeen isnt really viuable, i thought id try to take the screen off so i could scrub it. Prised the case apart with a screw driver, and now theres bloody dents all over it. :x

Anyway got the screen out, tried wiping really hard but no luck, so had to , carefully, use wire wool to scratch off the glue and protector. Having done it, i wouldnt recommend wire wool.

Binned the screen, and made a new one from a clear juice bottle, taped it on with duck tape. oh man works a treat.

Who needs Orange to repair ya phones. Any one need my help, just ask.

Heath Robinson

I ordered 1 for the 6100 & one for the 3200 (I'm a cheapskate they were on offer £1.35 inc post each!)

They both actually fit the 6100 (the wife's phone).

Tried to squeeze one on the c500 - it's not happening!

I think I'll go for the Siemens A60 size.

As for screen protectors you can get packs of 12 from ebay for £6 (got some for the P900 b4 & they were OK)

Hi folks,

These cases look pretty nice and are very similar to the Speck Products ones identified earlier in the thread. They have previously made ones for the original SPV's as you can see on the site (Vaja Cases), however I emailed them and they said they do not have plans for the C500 at this stage :)

Gave the impression that they were too busy on other models at the moment, but there may be hope in the future. Thought you might want to know, maybe if enough people bug them they will bring their plans forward :wink:

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RickDawson

I'm still using the film that came with the mobile, but the corners nearest the buttons are starting to curl...

I need to get a proper case.

I may have to go for the krussel, but I would preferably like a clear skin for it.

what can I do, in the meantime? I dont think the film can last much longer.

NiFreaky: The C500 'clear fronted' case by Krussell is listed on the 'Add-Ons World' site (www.addonsworld.com) as availble for "pre-order", available 10th October at 10.99 GBP.

I've only had my C500 a week or so and the screen already has lots of vertical scratch lines on it (v.annoying). But I guess I will be buying a case when they are released to prevent further damage!