Movies on the C500... WOW

Guest simonbratt99

Guest mavisdavis

A great write up martin,

But I never bother ripping the VOB file 1st. I just select the DVD drive in Pocket Divx Encoder and select the Video_ts folder which lists all the .VOB files then select view discription and change to details so I can varify the largest file (usually the film) then select it then choose an output folder .

Set video to 4-6 depending on type of film ( higher setting for more action on the screen)

Audio to 4 gives me and average of about 170MB a film and I leave all the pther setting as default.

It take about 45mins to rip direct from the source DVD

Hope this helps a few people :wink:

Guest kurtfhouse

Tried your way MaviaDavis with my Star Wars DVD and PocketDivx Encoder just crashes everytime :cry:

Thanks for the reply Martin ^_^

I think there must be some sort of protection on the Star Wars DVD's that DVD Decrypter doesn't know how to work around.

I can still rip it though using file mode but then I have to use DVD to AVI to cut out the first 5 minutes of the film as there are about 6 languages that each play in turn on the start sequence and I can't see any way to filter it to just get English :evil:

Oh well could be worse :wink:

Directly coding the DVD to PocketDivXEncoder didn't work for me either. I think it might be the protection that was causing the coding to fail.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Demon666

Very nice guide martin ^_^ , i now have 3 films on my mini sd card :D

Btw my films come out at 155mb+ is there anyway to make them smaller ? I use video 4 / audio 2 for settings .

Thanks