CityTime Alarms - Beta Testers Wanted...

Guest kennyg

Did the thing I posted above not work? :shock:

Ooops, didn't notice your post :)

Yes, that worked a treat. Cheers mate. :lol: I also seem to have 'fixed' Xbar by copying the nina.ttf & ninab.ttf files from windows in to storagewindowsfonts and renaming to 1nina.ttf & 1ninab.ttf. That didn't fix oreneta (which I'm happy with now becuase of your fix) and Codewallet Pro (who Kenny has said will be releasing a fix). Job done :lol:

(Alarm woke me up nicely this morning too - liking the 7 minute snooze - might have to move up to the 15 minute snooze :lol:)

Guest I. C. Monsters

Is the new beta available yet? I have had a couple of strange bugs with beta 4 on my C500. One time the screen was covered in black crosses on a white background after dismissing an alarm. Another time, my phone continuously vibrated after an alarm had gone off. Other than these little problems, this is by far the best alarm app to date, one which I'd be more than happy to pay for.

Many thanks to you KennyG.

Is the new beta available yet?
Will be a new one available today at some point, I've been testing the new features and want ensure they are stable, will annouce here when it is avaialable so just watch the forum.

I have had a couple of strange bugs with beta 4 on my C500. One time the screen was covered in black crosses on a white background after dismissing an alarm. Another time, my phone continuously vibrated after an alarm had gone off. Other than these little problems, this is by far the best alarm app to date, one which I'd be more than happy to pay for.

I've had many issues with the C500, but I hope I've addressed them.

Kenny.

Guest mavisdavis

Cant wait kenny. Cheers for this app. Ive never been praised so much off my boss for not being late this last 2 weeks :) IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY IF YOU CONSIDER HOW MUCH TIME I LOST BEING LATE.

That could be a new slogan.

"PAYS FOR ITSELF THE SECOND IT WAKES YOU UP" :wink:

Guest Chronoz

I'ld like to try this app on my spv E200, but i'm waiting for the new beta, when will come out? and just a question, does city alarms works if the phone is turned off?

Guest kennyg
I'ld like to try this app on my spv E200, but i'm waiting for the new beta, when will come out? and just a question, does city alarms works if the phone is turned off?

LAST Beta will be available in a few hours from the time of this posting, am working on it now. Stay toon-ed!

Guest kennyg

CityTime Alarms Beta 5 available. Should be the last one.

Features Updates from 4:

- Semi-weekly notification

- User definable sound path in addition to the defaults, starts out as My Documents

- Some cleaned up graphics

- Force to front if accidentily press home or back when alarm is sounding

- C500 updates (thanks guys!)

- other small items

- Uninstall before starting, you can leave the databases that are there if asked, they are backward compatible so you can save your alarms from Beta 4.

Links are as follows:

CAB file:

http://www.codecity.net/files/smartphone/C...larmsSp.ARM.CAB

EXE file for PC (with installer)

http://www.codecity.net/files/smartphone/C...imeAlarmsSp.exe

Kenny.

Guest drblow

Just installed the last beta. I was still unable to remove the previous version, but it did install correctly over the previous. Everything seems fine, although the font still seems to cut off the corner of the no. 7!

Guest fozzie

Just installed the new beta - as ab ove, the old version wouldn't uninstall so I installed over the top. I then got an error message about a .dll (import?) not being found. I cancelled the install, soft reset and tried again. It installed ok this time.

I've lost the 7 & 15 minutes snoozes. Please can we have them back :lol:

Not sure if this is a bug or by design: I've noticed that if a repeating alarm is turned off, it looks like it still goes off, less the sound & the option to dismiss or snooze. The volume screen flashes up quickly and then the alarm goes red and starts counting up. If I later decide to re-enable that alarm, once I have turned it on, I then have to dismiss it before the next due time is displayed.

I like the new sounds directory setting :) I'm being lazy but does it include sub-directorys?. Great app.

@drblow - the '7' display is just the way the font is - look at the digit '1' - it's the top segment that is used for the 7.

Guest kennyg
I've lost the 7 & 15 minutes snoozes.  Please can we have them back :lol:
Yep, noticed that right after I sent out the update, they are already back... :oops:

Not sure if this is a bug or by design:  I've noticed that if a repeating alarm is turned off, it looks like it still goes off, less the sound & the option to dismiss or snooze.  The volume screen flashes up quickly and then the alarm goes red and starts counting up.  If I later decide to re-enable that alarm, once I have turned it on, I then have to dismiss it before the next due time is displayed.

Two things are at work here, one shortcoming of the platform is that the volume control is controls the volume of all application played sounds, so that I need to fake key presses to the volume button to get the volume turned up so you can hear it, I actually have a call into MS on this. The other thing is that the notification system built into the device will actually go off up to 10 seconds early, so to deal with that the application comes up hidden and waits to go off, but if the alarm was cancelled between those times, you can get a flash.

How that applies to this is that there are two instances of the application running, one showing the alarms and the other sounding the alarm, the one displaying will display a negative countdown if the alarm is not yet dismissed, so I guess I need to try and hunt down why the popup didn't dismiss the alarm? Got more details on how you got into that state?

I like the new sounds directory setting :)  I'm being lazy but does it include sub-directorys?.  Great app.
It does not look in sub directories, although it could, I didn't know if that was something that was desired or not yet.

@drblow - the '7' display is just the way the font is - look at the digit '1' - it's the top segment that is used for the 7.

Yes I meant to answer this, that 7 is as in the font definition.

Thanks,

Kenny.

Guest fozzie
How that applies to this is that there are two instances of the application running, one showing the alarms and the other sounding the alarm, the one displaying will display a negative countdown if the alarm is not yet dismissed, so I guess I need to try and hunt down why the popup didn't dismiss the alarm?  Got more details on how you got into that state?
1. Create new daily repeating alarm.

2. Save alarm.

3. Turn off alarm.

4. Watch screen as alarm time is reached. Alarm time counts down then goes red and counts up. Remains counting up even when app closed and then re-opened.

5. Turn on alarm - alarm remains red and counting up from last due time.

6. Hit dismiss and alarm then correctly displays the next due time.

It does not look in sub directories, although it could, I didn't know if that was something that was desired or not yet.

I think it would be useful if the user could select (with a checkbox?) whether to include sub-directories or not.

Guest kennyg
1.  Create new daily repeating alarm.

2.  Save alarm.

3.  Turn off alarm.

4.  Watch screen as alarm time is reached.  Alarm time counts down then goes red and counts up.  Remains counting up even when app closed and then re-opened.

5.  Turn on alarm - alarm remains red and counting up from last due time.

6.  Hit dismiss and alarm then correctly displays the next due time.

Ok, I see the problem, it's a display glitch in how I display/handle disabled alarms. Instead of a count down or something I should display something to make it look truly disabled, in this case the alarm didnt go off, but it appears to be running. And I supposed even a disabled alarm should show the proper "next" alarm date.

Thanks for pointing it out, will fix...

Kenny.

Guest fozzie

Kenny, I'm not sure if your answer covered the second part of the problem i.e. when one eventually turns the alarm back on, you have to hit dismiss before the next due alarm time is shown.

Guest kennyg
Kenny,  I'm not sure if your answer covered the second part of the problem i.e. when one eventually turns the alarm back on, you have to hit dismiss before the next due alarm time is shown.

Gotcha, two part bug! Thanks for the catch.

By the way, has everyone noticed that the menu commands are available without going to the menu? :)

You can use the corresponding menu key directly, for example, 1 - new alarm, 2 - new timer, etc... without going ot the menu.

Now if we could get MS to do this in the inbox app I could delete spam emails really fast!

Kenny.

Guest poodoo

not really a bug... but i notice that loops per ring is repeated in both setting a new alarm and options. thing is for the ring type, we can choose default or define a custom one. but for loops per ring, u can't set a default. so i'm not sure if its necessary for it to be in options. also, during edit alarm/timer screen, choosing menu>delete did nothing i think.

now with all these talents around us... maybe we can start our own smartphone OS, judging from the amount of changes people here made. :) i can't resist but to say that the microsoft alarm is the reason why i'm late for school. it didnt ring sometimes. kennyg puts microsoft to shame. but then again microsoft made the OS.

Guest nickcornaglia

I've been shutting my phone off here and there to clear out some stuff. Should I put a shortcut in the startup folder to run the program again or deos the app do this itself?

Guest kennyg
I've been shutting my phone off here and there to clear out some stuff. Should I put a shortcut in the startup folder to run the program again or deos the app do this itself?

The installation will create the shortcut, so you can re-install or create it manually (which can be a pain in the ass).

One other thing, and this is for all of you, I have a tool you can download (attached) it's a single EXE file with no install, but will allow you to look at the databases and volumes on your smartphone, also allows you to delete records and entire databases. It looks like this:

Kenny.

CEZoom0.jpg

dbViewSp.zip

Hi kennyg,

since I've installed the last ß5 on my MPx200 with SP2002 I reveive the following error message when I try to save an alarm: "Failed to set Notification for Alarm! Alarms are not working!".

And that is exactly what happens then, i.e. alarms are listed but do not run at alarm time.

I did not have this problem with ß2. Any advice?

Besides that: great app (as is CityTimes)!

Kind regards

-Gerd

Guest fozzie

I think Kenny may have slightly missed the point of your question? There's no startup/background process required. The alarms are set in the OS's database and are called up automatically. The app doesn't need to be running :)

Guest jimmymacv

Love the program!!!! I've been using Sunnysoft forever now and I'm glad someone came out with a superior alarm.

Here's my two cents:

1. The icon is ugly. A nice alarm clock in the 3D style would be perfect!

2. When I select vibrate and ring, it vibrates and rings for the first loop but on consequent rings it only rings with a strange static-y noise in the background.

MPX200 WM2003

Jim

Guest nickcornaglia

I think Kenny may have slightly missed the point of your question? There's no startup/background process required. The alarms are set in the OS's database and are called up automatically. The app doesn't need to be running :)

Are you sure....the alarms dont seem to go off after an off/on cycle unless I run the program.

Guest nickcornaglia

Just did another test. I never noticed an error when I restart the phone saying that:

Cannot execute storage cardprogram filescodecitycitytimealarmscityalarm.exe

Going to install the newest beta.