CityTime Alarms - Beta Testers Wanted...

Guest kennyg

Guest nickcornaglia

Well...I know what it is now. My homescreen has a plugin in it that doesnt allow my phone to shut down properly. It freezes on the Windows screen and I need to resort to pulling the battery. The settings never get saved. Which leads to the question....

Can the alarm settings be saved permanently as soon as they are entered and not during a proper shutdown? If the phone ever crashes or one needs to pull the battery like me before ever going thru a proper shutdown...then the user needs to remember to run the app again for it to work.

My short term resolution....find out which plugin is not allowing a proper shutdown and remove it. (I think it's the WMP plugin...but I need to test.)

Guest kennyg
Just did another test. I never noticed an error when I restart the phone saying that:

Cannot execute storage cardprogram filescodecitycitytimealarmscityalarm.exe

Going to install the newest beta.

The program does not need to be running for an alarm to go off, as a matter of fact, there is a single EXE file but one instance is the editor/display driver, another instance that Windows starts actually looks at the alarms and figures out what to do. Windows also starts up an instance on power up, time change, and timezone change, all it does in these cases is update the alarms database incase the phone has been off for a significant amount of time. This is what you are seeing in the error that coms up, Windows sometimes starts running these applications BEFORE the flash drives are ready, so it sends up an error when it can't find the app.

It's quite possible the home screen plugin you are taking about is trashing the state of the device try to isolate it and please let me know the results.

Kenny.

Guest fozzie

Just noticed that my 'fix' for the fonts for Xbar only works as long as Xbar is started/used before CityTime after a soft reset; If CityTime is used first, Xbar uses the LCD font.

Kenny - how long 'till we get the 7 & 15 minutes snoozes back? Missing them :)

Can the alarm settings be saved permanently as soon as they are entered and not during a proper shutdown? If the phone ever crashes or one needs to pull the battery like me before ever going thru a proper shutdown...then the user needs to remember to run the app again for it to work.

Something doesn't seem right there. That would mean that if you never shutdown your phone does, alarms would never be never set, which I know isn't the case?! Sounds like a limitation of the OS.

Guest kennyg
Just noticed that my 'fix' for the fonts for Xbar only works as long as Xbar is started/used before CityTime after a soft reset; If CityTime is used first, Xbar uses the LCD font.
The way fonts work is that they need to be registered on the device before you can use them, after that all programs see the font until you reset. So if you run XBAR before CityTime Alarms, you won't see the font. I'm going to try another font I found that is alphbetically after this one, so if I use that one the problem will not appear.

Kenny - how long 'till we get the 7 & 15 minutes snoozes back?  Missing them :)

Dispite my attempts, I think I will put out one more beta :cry:

Something doesn't seem right there. That would mean that if you never shutdown your phone does, alarms would never be never set, which I know isn't the case?! Sounds like a limitation of the OS.

Alarms are saved as soon as you finish editting, at that point I set a notification event for when the next alarm is due, if that can't be set there will be no alarm, whether the program is loaded or not, hence if you are seeing the error can encece is, alarms will not work, but if this is happenng there are other problems because this is an OS level call.

IF anyone is having this problem, let me know ASAP, and with that info, tell me your device/OS and any programs you have installed!

Thanks again for all you help!

Kenny.

Guest I. C. Monsters

My apologies if this has already been covered. When an alarm goes off on my C500 when the device is locked (not key locked), should I be able to dismiss / snooze without unlocking the phone? With the latest beta, I have to unlock, then select an option. Is mine working as it should, or should these options be available even when locked?

Many thanks.

Guest kennyg
My apologies if this has already been covered. When an alarm goes off on my C500 when the device is locked (not key locked), should I be able to dismiss / snooze without unlocking the phone? With the latest beta, I have to unlock, then select an option. Is mine working as it should, or should these options be available even when locked?

Many thanks.

It is working as expected, currently I am unable to get around or even detect if the lock is set, I do however have a call into microsoft about the ability to add this functionality or to find a way in which I can implement it.

Kenny.

Guest kennyg
Here's my two cents:  

1.  The icon is ugly.  A nice alarm clock in the 3D style would be perfect!  

Oh, you hurt my feelings! :) And this is the best one I've ever done, OK, so I'm not a graphic artist, anyone have or seen a decent alarm icon? Or if you make a good one, you get a free copy of this program and CityTime? It's not much, but it's about the best I can do right now.

2.  When I select vibrate and ring, it vibrates and rings for the first loop but on consequent rings it only rings with a strange static-y noise in the background.  

I think I see an issue with the sound/play after the second ring. In addition to this there is a problem cancelling after the first ring, it won't stop mid sound anymore... Hopefully will have a new build tonight.s

Kenny.

Guest lukeap69

Many thanks.

that is the same issue i have with SP2002. you cannot dismiss/snooze the alarm while the keypad is locked. in the built in alarm, the dismiss/snooze is possible while the keypad is locked.

kennyg,

can you look at this please.

lukeap

Guest kennyg
that is the same issue i have with SP2002. you cannot dismiss/snooze the alarm while the keypad is locked. in the built in alarm, the dismiss/snooze is possible while the keypad is locked.

kennyg,

can you look at this please.

lukeap

There isn't an alarm available that can get around this. The alarm built in to the operating system is able to get around this probable because it is built in to the OS, Microsoft themselves told me this is as designed, but they might allow of a hook to get around it in the future.

Guest kennyg

OK, the last Beta!

I've fixed several nigles mostly, but the bug ones are:

- Dismiss/Vibrate, etc - a number of issues regarding playing the sound the second time and beyand are fixed!

- Enabling and Disabling alarm issues for recurring alarms are fixed.

- New ICON! It's a digital alarm clock, 3d, hopefully good enough for all of you! If not, send me another :)

Install from here:

http://www.codecity.net/files/smartphone/C...larmsSp.ARM.CAB

and

http://www.codecity.net/files/smartphone/C...imeAlarmsSp.exe

Install and let me know if you have issues, I'll be sending out a set of question to all you who I think beta tested to get your opinions and issues. Also some questions about future versions.

Thanks,

Kenny.

Guest kennyg
bug

StoragewindowsFontsLCD2U__.TTF   Remove

What does this mean? That you removed the font above?

Thanks for the bug report, but can you tell me the region/internationalization mode your phone was in? I think it might have had something to do with that.

Thanks,

Kenny.

We are in HK. Our system is DoubleByte System. The program display is unnormal.

If we wanna use this program. We must delete "StorageWnidowsFontsLCD2U__.TTF".

Thanks a lot.

What does this mean? That you removed the font above?

Thanks for the bug report, but can you tell me the region/internationalization mode your phone was in? I think it might have had something to do with that.

Thanks,

Kenny.

Guest kennyg

Current Status:

- Found all the bugs and fixed them for the Eastern language issues. I'll release that soon.

- Added a 'Done' menu item to fully exit.

- Added another new icon (I've gotten two entries so far!)

- Still looking into getting around the keylock...

- Installed a NEW font that is after the current one alphbeticall so it doesn't mess up any apps!) New font is a little cleaner, what do you think?

Now a question...

What if I added a single city's name/date/time to the screen in rotation with the Clock/AlarmList/WorldTime, it would switch in the same pane as the alarm. The city would be selectable from the Options menu, and the list is one of the 500+ available from the alarms.

What do you think?

Kenny.

citytime alarms.jpg

Guest drblow

You mean the font in the screenshot? Looks good ... can't really see much difference TBH! ^_^ But if it's not messing up other apps then it's cool!

The cities idea sounds good, and I really hope the keylock issue can get fixed. So, does this mean another beta? :wink:

Guest poodoo

a little off topic. i really don't know what cause it but it happens to this app, the icon for it seems to be showing the alpha channel. any idea how to fix this?

Guest fozzie

Like the idea of the extra city.

One other bug: When editing the alarm name, entering a symbol (either by pressing and holding '#' and selecting a symbol i.e. '(' or by pressing and holding '*' and selecting '1 - Symbols' and selecting a symbol) causes the text already entered to be cleared. This only happens if the alarm editing field is just a single field; if it is full screen it doesn't occur.

I did notice that if a calendar reminder goes off when the phone is locked, you can hit 'dismiss' without unlocking. It may help you in your quest for perfection ^_^

New version posted! (Beta 7 for those that are counting!)

- Eastern language (Japanese, Chinese, etc) fixes.

- New Font, should not interfere anymore with applications that use the system font incorrectly.

- World Time! Time for one city that you can specify in the Options screen, for those that need more extensive world time check out CityTime, but for those how just need time in one city at a time, like a travel alarm, this might be enough.

- Yet anouther new icon, someone gave me an idea for one that matches the smartphone 3d theme better and is more specific to this application in look and feel, check it out...

- 'Done' menu item to force the program to exit (again, alarms will still go off if the application is not running).

- Installing this version will extend the beta by 15 days.

Just a note: After uninstall and install, power your phone on and off and reset one of the alarms. Uninstalling removes the operating system enties for the alarms, but leaves your alarm database, but I don't automatically reset after install. This is an update issue only, will fix before release.

Thanks,

Kenny.

1.MENU Error  "About " and "About/Register"
So you get an error when displaying the About?

2.Install CityTime Alarms Beta 7 ........ ^_^

The other issues you have are fixed and these are issues with just the program you are showing? What is the program that the screen shot is showing?

Thanks,

Kenny.

Guest chucky.egg

Tried the Beta 7 version

The new fonts dont interfere with the menu font, but they still mess up xBar fonts

Nice app

Can you actually register yet? If so where and at what price?

Tried the Beta 7 version

The new fonts dont interfere with the menu font, but they still mess up xBar fonts

Will look further... Thanks for the note.

Nice app

Can you actually register yet?  If so where and at what price?

It's not for sale yet, and to be honest, I'm not sure of the price. There will likely be some sort of bundle with CityTime as well.

Kenny.