Guest Baadsha

hello all

got my tomtom today for the mobile

i have a c500

have not got much time at the moment to set it up as on the way tp leicester

just a few questions as i will set up later 2nite or first thing in the morning

i have a 256mb card with stuff installed on it

not a lot as i have about 200mb spare

do i just copy the ttm software via a card reader straighn onto the mini sd card

i suppose will need to copy to hdd on pc first then back down to the mini sd as they both use same slot on the reader

another thing is how do u apply the update

i have downloaded from pocketgps.com

is it as simple as sync with pc and then run the update?

anything else i should be aware of before setting up

i know i should read the forum fully as all answers will be there but i have a busy schedule for the weekend

i suppose its better than starting a new thread

thanks in advance

hello all

got my tomtom today for the mobile

Nice one.

i have a c500

Even better!

have not got much time at the moment to set it up as on the way tp leicester

just a few questions as i will set up later 2nite or first thing in the morning

i have a 256mb card with stuff installed on it

not a lot as i have about 200mb spare

do i just copy the ttm software via a card reader straighn onto the mini sd card

i suppose will need to copy to hdd on pc first then back down to the mini sd as they both use same slot on the reader

You've got the idea.. Just copy the folders to your pc then back onto the miniSD card, making sure they're still at the root of the storage card.

another thing is how do u apply the update

i have downloaded from pocketgps.com  

is it as simple as sync with pc and then run the update?

Yeah! Once you've done the above (you can check TT runs even before doing the update) sync to your pc and run the TT traffic exe installer. After that you should be able to get a connection with your TT GPS receiver.

anything else i should be aware of before setting up
Nope, you seem to have figured it all out already!

i know i should read the forum fully as all answers will be there but i have a busy schedule for the weekend

I forgive you :lol:

i suppose its better than starting a new thread

thanks in advance

No problems.. But if you have anymore issues, just post here and you should get a prompt response.

Cheers,

dynamo

My TomTom Mobile arrived today too :lol:

But having problems setting it up :?

I copied the SD card contents to a miniSd

I downloaded the patch and connected my C500 to the PC. I then 'ran' the patch from its location on the PC (was this right??).

I switched on the GPS receiver.

Then I switched on the C500, launched TomTom and followed the on-screen instruction.

Ended up with a screen showing a view of my road, in gray, saying 'The GPS signal was lost ... sec ago' at the bottom of the screen.

The GPS receiver initially showed a flashing blue light, then after 30 seconds there was a flashing green light next to it.

Am I right in thinking the flashing blue light means no BT connection?

I've checked the bluetooth settup on the phone and seems fine. Tried deleting the connection, and 're-attaching' but still the same flashing blue light on the GPS receiver.

Help !!! :cry:

Guest pete1312
I switched on the GPS receiver.

Then I switched on the C500, launched TomTom and followed the on-screen instruction.  

Ended up with a screen showing a view of my road, in gray, saying 'The GPS signal was lost ... sec ago' at the bottom of the screen.

The GPS receiver initially showed a flashing blue light, then after 30 seconds there was a flashing green light next to it.

Am I right in thinking the flashing blue light means no BT connection?

(abbrev by pete1312)

Help !!! :cry:

1) You seem to have copied the program to mini SD ok otherwise TTM would not have started up.

2) Yes - you need to turn on the GPS unit 1st.

3) Yes - flashing blue light means it is waiting for a BT connection.

4) Once connection is established, flashing blue light changes to constant blue.

5) Not sure what green light is - are you sure you adequately charged up your GPS unit before attempting a connection???

6) I have no idea as to the idiosyncrasies of the C500 (I have E200 which worked 1st time without patch).

7) Don't give up. "awarner" will be rising from his slumber soon and I'm sure he'll give you precise advice in the morning. (He's the one to trust implicitly).

Pete, thanks for running through that with me.

I think I found the problem, the patch didn't install properly - I think it was my fault rushing :roll:

Anyway, I re-installed the patch (downloaded from tomtom this time just to be sure), then launched tomtom.

Tomtom said at the bottom of the screen to turn phone off and back on for the update to take effect (words to that effect).

Turned phone off, back on - but the same message again - so turned it off and back on, but then the red battery low warning light came on the GPS receiver (didn't charge it to begin with :roll: :roll: ).

So, took it to the car, plugged it into the charger, switched the phone on, launched tomtom - HEY PRESTO - a few seconds later I had a GPS signal and I was off :lol: .

Went for a 30 minute drive testing it, and it was spot-on. Very good application.

Just waitin for the GPS unit to receive a full charge in the car before I go to bed ! I knew I should have bought the cigarette lighter socket/mains adaptor from Maplins today, only £10

Thanks for the support at 12:44am Pete! It's appreciated !!!! :wink:

Guest pete1312
Thanks for the support at 12:44am Pete! It's appreciated !!!!   :wink:

No problem. I tend to be a bit of a night owl! If I've got nothing else to do in between internet dating (sad I know), I'll help when I can :lol:

Just happy that you got it working. Just as well that you've not had as much to drink as me tonight when you went round the block in the early hours of the morning :!:

I agree. It's a superb application. You just need to get "Safety" cameras loaded now to get better benefit. It's free from Pocket GPS World.com!

Guest pmassop
The Rikaline works not with TTmobile !! The Rikaline has no on/off button, so it needs to be powered on by software. And it is not possible to do it with TTmobile.

Best regards

The Rikaline 6030 works great with tomtom mobile.

And it has an on/off button! The black button on the picture. :wink:

rikabtgps.jpg_detaillt.jpg

Guest Confucious

The Rikaline 6031-X7 is not supposed to have an on switch - It does tho' - there's a little round hole in the front of the unit with a plastic covered depression in it which can be used to switch the unit on (but not off)

HTH.

Guest Baadsha

i thank all for relying to my posts and answering my questions

got back last night late and decided to give the ttm a bash

and hey presto

15mins and i was all up and running

just need to put the camera database in 2day and then i will be happy bunny

go out of town today so will be testing to the max

thanks all once again

will be back on sunday night for any more news

Guest pete1312

MAPS OF WESTERN EUROPE:

I vaguely recall having read somewhere elsewhere that TT Navigator 3 Maps of W. Europe work perfectly ok with TTM.

Can anyone please confirm this?

These maps are available for purchase direct from TT, Wholesalers, Resalers, Re-Sellers, E-bay, etc, etc.

Why do TT not yet sell maps of W. Europe for TTM?

TTM is currently available with "local" maps for whichever country it is sold. Surely these maps are all interchangeable?

Am I missing something??

Guest Confucious
TomTom Mobile is on offer at the moment at £20 for a year instead of the normal price of about £34

Wow - That's a bargain! or do you mean TomTom Traffic Mobile, which is still good but not quite such a bargain :lol:

Guest the_ugly_north

Wow - That's a bargain! or do you mean TomTom Traffic Mobile, which is still good but not quite such a bargain ;)

:oops: :oops: Just checking that you are awake, Confucious!! :lol: :D

Guest tea-towel

Yay, I'm there. Everything installed and working nicely. Just a quick question - if I load TomTom, then come out of it (by pressing end call rather than Exit App), then go to the contacts screen I see a little icon of a radar (I think it's a radar). What does this symbol mean (can't see it in the instructions), and please can I confirm that this symbol does not indicate that I am using a service that is charged for accessing it.

Many thanks.

Guest awarner [MVP]
TomTom don't claim compatibility with the C500 - perhaps they know something?
Just to repeat what I said a few posts before this one.

As I have posted here before until TomTom release a miniSD version 

for retail, they will not officially say they support the C500 which is understandable. But I can say 100% that it works as I was one of the 

testers and use it on my C500 on a daily basis 

Guest Baadsha

i have had my ttm for a few days now

i love it

by the way is there any way in wich ttm will allow a full postcode entry with just house number at the end instead of partial and then still looking for the street ?

is there a ttm problem solving forum or thread yet?

apart from that its a1

even if i i know where i am going i just have it switched on as it looks ace

Guest awarner [MVP]
by the way is there any way in wich ttm will allow a full postcode entry with just house number at the end instead of partial and then still looking for the street ?
No

is there a ttm problem solving forum or thread yet?

What problems? any questions asked have been answered here.

Guest sameerabedi

Anyone able to recommend a bluetooth headset that allows u to take calls and also hear the TTM commands through the headsets??

Any of the Sony Ericsson headsets?

Thanks

Guest pete1312

Most BT headsets will answer a call (my Jabra BT 250 does) whilst TTM is running. TTM however mutes whilst a call is in progress, leaving just the screen visual display.

As far as I am aware, no headset will carry the TTM voice commands. The phone speaker is loud enough anyway!

Guest nazsp33d

I have a E200 and i am thinking about buying TTM, i have a question though. My sister has a 6600 which she has agreed to give me because she is upgrading to a 7610, will the TTM come with software for both phones? I know the 6600 has a diff mem card to the e200 but the TTM on the web are all labelled "for 6600 and E200 only".