TomTom Mobile Review & How2 Guide Now for C500

Guest awarner

Guest awarner [MVP]

Muppets :roll:

It is possible :)

If that was not the case it would limit buyers, also how else do they expect

to get TTMobile working on the C500 when the fix is released?

Guest awarner [MVP]

From what I know, I do not believe TomTom will release mobile in any other card format

other than the MMC. This (in my opinion) is probably down to development costs etc as there would be

the outlay of creating new cards specific for just one device.

The main version I used for testing was near enough to the actual release

version, as I needed to test in an end user situation. The first thing I did

was to swap the card for my 256mb MiniSD so it was pre C500 ready.

Also the last thing I wanted to do was run the risk of losing my original

copy. More importantly though was I had to ensure my card was large

enough for my every day use as there would be nothing worse than to

have to swap cards all the time especially on the C500.

Guest barretts

Has anyone tried this software on the Nokia 6600? Does it run just as well as the 200? Also does the software have an option to keep the backlight on? Very important for night operation!

Guest awarner [MVP]
Has anyone tried this software on the Nokia 6600?
Possibly not here.

Also does the software have an option to keep the backlight on? Very important for night operation!

The backlight is always on when the app is being used, it needs to be

otherwise you would struggle to view the screen in any light.

Have a read of the review on the first page as it mentions the fact you have a normal screen and also the option to have a night time display so the screen is not too bright.

Guest sameerabedi

Sorry to be harping on about this, but I was looking on the ebuyer website about TomTom and it specifically states that the MMC card is not transferable to any other digital media - so are u sure the official release will be transferrable to a miniSD card?

Also any idea on when the C500 version will be released??

Thanks!

Guest awarner [MVP]

Please read above the above, I'm not the only person that has done it.

Also I cannot find anywhere on the ebuyer site that claims what you say above :?

I was looking on the ebuyer website about TomTom and it specifically states that the MMC card is not transferable to any other digital media
The site does state

Pre-installed memory card which is reusable; same card can be used in new compatible handsets when upgrading

Also from other members,

I have copied the software on to my bigger SD card and everything works GREAT.

no probs at all.

Also the same regarding the fix for the C500 no date has been announced as it is currently being tested.

Guest sameerabedi

Yeah ur right i can't find it either, but i was certain i read it there. if not there, then defintely some other site that i was reading. However other people have seemed to copy it without any problem so that's good. Just got to wait for the C500 update - keep us posted - THANKS!!

Guest awarner [MVP]

This was mentioned back in this topic by the same authur

and has beed corrected by members who use more than one

BT device at a time.

Nice to see screenshots have been sorted out now :)

Interesting that the review at PocketGPSWorld states that...

NONE of the current supported handsets offer concurrent Bluetooth connections....

Hence me correcting that on their forum :)

I wrote the PocketGPSWorld TT Mobile review. Whilst my BT Headet worked fine with the E200 I was unable to answer calls using it when the TT Mobile was running. This may well be more to do with my crappy headset which has just fallen apart and so I will edit the review and remove that observation as it is clearly not based on fact!

Download our database and extract the .ov2 and .bmp files for each camera set that you want (Gatso, Traffic Light etc).

Copy to the map folder on the storage card.

Access Preferneces within TomTom.

Select 'Maintain POI'.

Select 'Enable/Disable POI'.

Select the Database you wish and 'enable' it.

Click Done.

Then select 'Warn when near POI', select the database, set a warning distance and choose the alarm.

I recommend you do not enable 'Warn only if POI is on route' as this results in many POI locations whose position is slightly off track not triggering an alarm, additionally if enabled you will only receive POI alerts when navigating an active route.

Guest barretts

I'ved tried that method, but the database doesn't appear in the Maintain POI section. I read somewhere that someone couldn't get it to work when using Nokia PC Suite. I don't currently have any other way to transfer the files. Does anyone know if this is true?

Nokia PC Suite? Is this the 6600 version then? I'm not familiar with that but a user on our forum had problems when transferring files using PC Suite, it appears to corrupt them, if you can obtain a card reader thst will work otherwise seek the assistance of a friend with a Smartphone or PocketPC who can insert the MMC Card into their device and copy using Active Sync.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Thanks for helping Darren :lol:

Adding the GATSO database works really well I've selected

the cow notification so it's a totally different sound when driving :)