UPDATE: Stock 22/09! Orange C500 PAYG, Pre-Order Now

Guest midnight

Guest Blakey

Paul,

Any update on the situation with buying through the Modaco shop and warrenties, dust problems and so on?

I'm very close to ordering a C500 and 512Mb card but don't want to spend £300 unless I'm sure its going to be okay if I get problems...

Cheers

Blakey

Guest Shop @ MoDaCo
Paul,

Any update on the situation with buying through the Modaco shop and warrenties, dust problems and so on?

I'm very close to ordering a C500 and 512Mb card but don't want to spend £300 unless I'm sure its going to be okay if I get problems...

Cheers

Blakey

Hi there,

Not sure what you mean when you refer to warranties, dust problems etc why do you think it should be any different buying from MoDaCo Shop or Orange or any other dealer :roll:

Guest Blakey

Okay, let me see if I can explain myself.

Say my C500 (bought from you) develops what I consider to be a fault. Do I take it up with Orange, or with the Modaco shop?

Thanks!

Blakey

Guest Shop @ MoDaCo
Okay, let me see if I can explain myself.

Say my C500 (bought from you) develops what I consider to be a fault.   Do I take it up with Orange, or with the Modaco shop?

Thanks!

Blakey

Ok,

You would phone Orange within one year as your warranty is with Orange the manufacturer, this as far as I am aware is standard procedure, it's the same if you buy from Orange retail, for your information MoDaCo Shop is an official Orange dealer, we are not just buying handsets etc and selling on :wink:

By the way as you maybe aware Orange would decide if the phone is faulty in all cases via their diagnostic check :)

Guest Shop @ MoDaCo
Okay, thanks for the info!  :-)

What's the delivery time at the moment - is there stock available?

Thanks

Blakey

We may have free stock towards the middle of the week, if you want a C500 then my suggestion is to place an order ASAP.

Kind regards

Shop @ MoDaCo

Guest Kallisti

Just my 2p, but Orange have specifically stated to me that they view the warranty period to be 6 months with regard to faults in the phone. Legally this is very questionable, but it's hard to get your rights heard with a company the size of Orange.

So, I think the question is a good one, but it doesn't really have any bearing on which agent you use to purchase the phone in the first place (Modaco would be in the same 3rd party position as any other company)

Guest rbx775

Im wondering the same thing.

I called sme solutions today, as I ordered one on monday early morning and heard nothing, no emails etc.

The helpful chap at the other end said they were expecting them yesterday but Orange called them and said it would be tuesday or wednesday, more than likely. No definate answer possible though.

I had today off work, and have tomorrow off also, I was hoping to have 2 days to mess with it and use its functions etc.

If its tomorrow that'd be great but im thinking thursday/friday onwards, is more than likely.

I was told I'd recieve an email to notify me.

Daniel

Guest Nookie-

Yea, I recieved a "processing order" email, but nothing more, i'm still waiting, I have time to play with it on thursday/friday so I hope it will be here by then :)

Anyone know anything more? :lol:

Guest rbx775

Just called SME again, and they wont be in until end of this week, or start of next week. They will send them out on a next day basis, but Im thinking of looking elsewhere, if there is anywhere else that sells them.

Guest rbx775

5-8 days or more :)

hing is I have 'sold' my nokia 7650 to someone and if I send that out to them I have no phone at all.

But it isnt fair on them to wait.

Iv been paid and just wanted something to reward me for all my hard work!

Guest rbx775

Orange dont even have them in stock, thats the problem. As soon as they do SME will get them and send them out next day. So really its just a case of waiting for supplier/orange to get off there butts and send them to SME.

I think its disappointing how theyve gone so long without stock but it does happen.

Im hoping for friday now, if not monday/tuesday :?

Agreed, whats with the shortage in stock anyway? I've been waiting 4 days already, how much longer? does anyone have a PROPER time?  :evil:

Don't worry, I have been waiting 2 weeks. :wink:

Guest Paul [MVP]

We're snapping up basically all the prepay stock Orange have for the shop, and as noted, I've been informed we , and therefore they, are currently out of stock.

As soon as we have stock all orders will be dispatched, and we are looking at Friday / Monday last I heard.

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest rbx775

If they get them in stock on friday, we'll have our phones by monday. If they get them in on monday, we'll have our phones by tuesday.

If they use royalmail special delivery to send to us on friday, 90% of the time they get parcels to the destination on a saturday :)

Therefore unless something goes horribly wrong, id say tuesday at the latest...

Guest rbx775

I dont think theyle be using royal mail special delivery though. If they were we'd have a chance of getting our phone's on saturday. Like I said previously.

Guest Nookie-

Just got an email from SME saying they are expecting a delivery at the beginning of next week, I reckon the phone will get here on wednesday.

:?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.