NEW PLUGIN: Batplug 0.2.9 New Version Updated

Guest Sv1000

I added this plugin to my current homescreen and it makes another plugin's text really small, I think 6pt. Here is the code for both, any idea what's happening? 

<plugin clsid="{EE1DEFE4-6301-4510-9DE4-DF7333F4D4FB}" height="18">

<background>

<format state="selected" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT"/>

</background>

<label x="0" y="0">

<image filename="windowstasks.exe" iconindex="0" iconsize="small"/> 

</label>

<label x="0" y="0" w="176" halign="left">

<text>Pending Tasks: </text><pendingTasks font-weight="bold"/>

</label>

</plugin>

<plugin clsid="{13091997-1512-2103-3005-197719802002}" name="Batterie Usage" height="18" refresh="60">

<text>Battery: </text><percent font-size="14" font-weight="bold"/>

</plugin>

I have the same problem with the alarm plugin.

Although it takes its fontsize from the very begin of the xml as a general size for most of the text. When the battery plugin takes its reading the alarm plugin and only the alarm changes font to a very small size.

For the moment I removed the battery plugin.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Reboot
Brilliant.  That worked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there a file which I can install so I don't have to costumize any thing,

I'm not a wizz with these things.

Thanks

Guest weikoyin
I know that is :

:arrow: COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT when plugin has caption

:arrow: COLOR_HOMETEXT when plugin has no caption

When I changed the color scheme as above, the font color of the Start Menu were changed accordingly.

Could you use use othe color scheme for the Time & Percentage? Cuz I don't want to change the font color of the Start Menu.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guynexdoor

I got the hang of installing homescreens, but I cannot figure out how to install the battery plugin. It has an .xml file and a few other files that came in the winrar.

where do I put these files?

Guest monkeyjabber
I got the hang of installing homescreens, but I cannot figure out how to install the battery plugin. It has an .xml file and a few other files that came in the winrar.

where do I put these files?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Batplug will not work with just ANY homescreen. A homescreen's .xml must include code referring to Batplug. If a homescreen .xml doesn't include this code, they you can modify the .xml if there's room on the screen for Batplug to fit.

I believe the .xml included in the winrar is a homescreen that includes Batplug, and you can install it like any other homescreen. I've never used this .xml because from the screenshots I've seen that homescreen looks very clunky. The easiest thing to do is to find a homescreen that incorporates Batplug (some available in this forum) and use that. You can use mine

One more thing: it is crucial that you put a skin.bmp file in the Storage/Application Data/Home folder. The Batplug winrar doesn't include a skin.bmp file, and that caused me problems when I first installed this plug-in.

post-49824-1111894231_thumb.jpg

ppc2003_bliss.home.xml

skin.bmp

Guest guynexdoor
Batplug will not work with just ANY homescreen.  A homescreen's .xml must include code referring to Batplug.  If a homescreen .xml doesn't include this code, they you can modify the .xml if there's room on the screen for Batplug to fit.   

I believe the .xml included in the winrar is a homescreen that includes Batplug, and you can install it like any other homescreen.  I've never used this .xml because from the screenshots I've seen that homescreen looks very clunky.  The easiest thing to do is to find a homescreen that incorporates Batplug (some available in this forum) and use that.  You can use mine

One more thing:  it is crucial that you put a skin.bmp file in the Storage/Application  Data/Home folder.  The Batplug winrar doesn't include a skin.bmp file, and that caused me problems when I first installed this plug-in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, cool, I shall try that. I'll let you know how it goes.

off topic, but how can I get ringtones onto the phone for free? I am looking for an old telephone ring, and I'm not interested in the song ringtones, so it's pretty simply right?

Guest guynexdoor
Batplug will not work with just ANY homescreen.  A homescreen's .xml must include code referring to Batplug.  If a homescreen .xml doesn't include this code, they you can modify the .xml if there's room on the screen for Batplug to fit.   

I believe the .xml included in the winrar is a homescreen that includes Batplug, and you can install it like any other homescreen.  I've never used this .xml because from the screenshots I've seen that homescreen looks very clunky.  The easiest thing to do is to find a homescreen that incorporates Batplug (some available in this forum) and use that.  You can use mine

One more thing:  it is crucial that you put a skin.bmp file in the Storage/Application  Data/Home folder.  The Batplug winrar doesn't include a skin.bmp file, and that caused me problems when I first installed this plug-in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I get an error when I choose the background. What background file do I put in? THe skin .bmp right?

Guest guynexdoor
OK, cool, I shall try that. I'll let you know how it goes.

off topic, but how can I get ringtones onto the phone for free? I am looking for an old telephone ring, and I'm not interested in the song ringtones, so it's pretty simply right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

also, I don't get the nlice little icons you have that appear to the left of the words.

Guest monkeyjabber
also, I don't get the nlice little icons you have that appear to the left of the words.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oops, my mistake. The homescreen icons you refer to are actually part of the background, and I forgot to include this background with my earlier post. It is attached here, plus an extra. Just drop them in the Storage/Application Data/Home folder, go to your phone's Settings menu and change the background. This homescreen layout is called PPC 2003 Bliss, and there are other backgrounds available if you search Modaco.

To go back to your original question about installation: The Batplug file you downloaded should be a .cab file. Copy and paste the .cab file to your phone (anywhere) via ActiveSync. Then, use your phone's file browser to go to the .cab file, open it, and voila - its installed!

P.S. If you're looking for a free old-style phone ringtone, just find and download a .wav (wave) file from the internet. There's a huge number of them out there and they should work on your phone.

post-49824-1111971584_thumb.jpg

post-49824-1111972416_thumb.jpg

Guest guynexdoor
Oops, my mistake.  The homescreen icons you refer to are actually part of the background, and I forgot to include this background with my earlier post.  It is attached here, plus an extra.  Just drop them in the Storage/Application Data/Home folder, go to your phone's Settings menu and change the background.  This homescreen layout is called PPC 2003 Bliss, and there are other backgrounds available if you search Modaco.     

To go back to your original question about installation:  The Batplug file you downloaded should be a .cab file.  Copy and paste the .cab file to your phone (anywhere) via ActiveSync.  Then, use your phone's file browser to go to the .cab file, open it, and voila - its installed!

P.S. If you're looking for a free old-style phone ringtone, just find and download a .wav (wave) file from the internet.  There's a huge number of them out there and they should work on your phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You forogt to attach the file..unless you wanted me to righ click and save the background images.

I still get an error, here's my set up

home screen layout:

ppc bliss (when I place the batt plugin instead here, it works)

color scheme:

Bliss

Bkg image:

skin (the file you just sent me) this seems to work fine.

Guest guynexdoor
Oops, my mistake.  The homescreen icons you refer to are actually part of the background, and I forgot to include this background with my earlier post.  It is attached here, plus an extra.  Just drop them in the Storage/Application Data/Home folder, go to your phone's Settings menu and change the background.  This homescreen layout is called PPC 2003 Bliss, and there are other backgrounds available if you search Modaco.     

To go back to your original question about installation:  The Batplug file you downloaded should be a .cab file.  Copy and paste the .cab file to your phone (anywhere) via ActiveSync.  Then, use your phone's file browser to go to the .cab file, open it, and voila - its installed!

P.S. If you're looking for a free old-style phone ringtone, just find and download a .wav (wave) file from the internet.  There's a huge number of them out there and they should work on your phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for ringtone answer.

i have a wireless network at home to browse the internet. is it possible to set up my smartphone (mpx220) to use that broadband connection? and not be charged? from cingular?

Guest guynexdoor

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for ringtone answer.

i have a wireless network at home to browse the internet. is it possible to set up my smartphone (mpx220) to use that broadband connection? and not be charged? from cingular?

Guest jameskumar
When I changed the color scheme as above, the font color of the Start Menu were changed accordingly.

Could you use use othe color scheme for the Time & Percentage? Cuz I don't want to change the font color of the Start Menu.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HELP!! Same here, i even added fgcolour,no it wont work, HELP!!Please.TQ.

am using it against a dark bg,hope can change the colour of unselected,which now is black. :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lynswin

I am a newbie with this and I am struggling slightly - I have downloaded the abstract homescreens, I can manage to put these on my phone (in storage appdata home) but when I unzip them they go into a separate folder (inside the home folder) so they won't show up on settings>homescreen. How can I get them so that they don't unzip into their own folder or can I move them somehow?

Many thanks

Guest monkeyjabber
I am a newbie with this and I am struggling slightly - I have downloaded the abstract homescreens, I can manage to put these on my phone (in storage appdata home) but when I unzip them they go into a separate folder (inside the home folder) so they won't show up on settings>homescreen. How can I get them so that they don't unzip into their own folder or can I move them somehow?

Many thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unzip them on your home computer, and transfer them to the phone via ActiveSync.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Julescooper2000
Started tweaking anyway  ;)

How's this XP-progress-bar inspired one ?

battplugscreen.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am flummoxed. Could anyone give an idiots guide to get that nice home screen you are showing. Step by step plonkers hand holding list? That would be really appreciated.

regs

Jules

Guest mwille
I am flummoxed. Could anyone give an idiots guide to get that nice home screen you are showing. Step by step plonkers hand holding list? That would be really appreciated.

regs

Jules

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the compliment :-)

Why don't you just download mine (attached) and adapt it to match your phone.

Simply extract all the files in abstract5.zip and copy them to your device in the Storage\Application data\home directory. Then choose Abstract5 as layout and default for colour scheme and background image in settings-homescreen. You must have Batplug plugin and the RJshortcut plugin installed.

You will need to edit the below portion of the homescreens xml in order to make the bottom shortcut appear and work properly on your phone . Simply change the shortcuts to the once you like to use from your start menu. Copy the shortcut names exactly, to the letter ! The icons will change automatically.

-

-

-

The second zip contains some extra screens for the background of the startmenu etc. There is a howto.doc in zip on how to edit the registry in order to use the extra screens. You could also simply use the excellent Smartweak program by SmartGV to accomplish this, its much easier than the registry.

Good luck !

Abstract5.ZIP

Extra_screens_Abstract.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Julescooper2000
Thanks for the compliment :-)

Why don't you just download mine (attached) and adapt it to match your phone.

Simply extract all the files in abstract5.zip and copy them to your device in the Storage\Application data\home directory. Then choose Abstract5 as layout and default for colour scheme and background image in settings-homescreen. You must have Batplug plugin and the RJshortcut plugin installed.

You will need to edit the below portion of the homescreens xml  in order to make the bottom shortcut appear and work properly on your phone . Simply change the shortcuts to the once you like to use from your start menu. Copy the shortcut names exactly, to the letter ! The icons will change automatically.

-

-

-

The second zip contains some extra screens for the background of the startmenu etc. There is a howto.doc in zip on how to edit the registry in order to use the extra screens. You could also simply use the excellent Smartweak program by SmartGV to accomplish this, its much easier than the registry.

Good luck !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really appreciate your help. I am giving up though because I can't even install the batplug, I have no idea where to save it, ehether to run, extract or what!! Thanks anyway I'll leave it as it is!

Jules

Guest Rysjimmy1994
Really appreciate your help. I am giving up though because I can't even install the batplug, I have no idea where to save it, ehether to run, extract or what!! Thanks anyway I'll leave it as it is!

Jules

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am having the same problems. I cant figure out how to install BatPlug. Everybody keeps saying its a CAB file but the on that i downloaded isnt and it still wont install on my phone. I have a Mpx220.

• 1 month later...
Guest tzeekin
No !  ;)

Because it's a "bug" in version 0.2.8 and 0.2.9.

A news version 0.2.9 SR2 was ok, but I work on a 0.3.0 with possibiliy to indicate :  (encece will be happy)

On "percent" & "time" attribut !

But not before (at least) one week 'cause I go to Mexico tomorow :D (I live in France)

Seb = = = o>°o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So, is there an updated version with the time remaining bug fixed out there?

Thanks very much in advance,

Leo

Guest extravagant

personally, I like smartmonitor better. only thing smartmonitor lacks is timeleft, though I think its ok since its usually inaccurate.