MoDaCo Winter Event - Sat November 6th - Update 7/10!

Guest Monolithix

hey all,

52s is a top quality place - was there for a launch of a new student friendly Friday night called SOMETHING FOR THE WEEKEND.

If anyone needs directions once into Brum of how to get there let me know - willing to help!

See you there!

-cmc

Guest darren22

I was looking forward to going to the next event. ^_^

However last week I was offered 4 weeks work in the Cayman Islands (all expenses paid + $75 per day to live on) on post Hurricane Ivan survey work. 8) 8) 8)

It's hot and very sweaty, no air conditioning in the aprtment as power not fully up across the island.

I've attached a photo, no prizes for guessing how many cars and boats in that mess. :shock:

See you in November...

PA080190.rar

I am assuming you are not talking about Birmingham Alabama and as Benny Hill would say... never assume, it makes an ass/ out of u/ an me! Since I am in the U.S. and wont be able to attend on such short notice I was wondering if someone might pass along an idea to the Hardware Developers. SDIO peripheral drivers for the wide range of Smartphones out there. I have an I600 and every peripheral I could want (i.e. camera, Bluetooth, GPS) is available for Pocket PC and would work on Smartphones if not for the drivers which noone seems to want to write. I will watch the posts after this meet for results but plan to purchase both a HP 1.3 Mpxl camera and a Socket Bluetooth card and hack them, try to reverse engineer them, (since I currently know nothing about hacking or programming it should be legal as long as I pay for the items) and write the drivers (probably not as easy done as said) for SPV, Motorola MPX, and I600. Of course I would then GIVE the drivers to the OEM companies for the benefit of all Smartphone users (I can't believe that they dont want the money badly enough to do it themselves as we are a huge market share getting bigger everyday). Wish me luck. and Have fun wish I could be there. MalKiE

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I'll try to remember to ask someone about that! ^_^

Do we have enough interested Americans here to make it worth investigating getting a US meet organised?

I think you might at that. I'm game for a U.S. meet heck I'd come to the U.K. If I'd had a couple more weeks heads up but no worries. The U.S. market supports The Samsung I600 (WMS02-03), Motorola MPX200 and 220 (WMS02-03), T-Mobile Sidekick (stand alone OS), The Treo 600 (PalmOne) and the soon to be released Treo 650, Kyocera 7135 (Palm OS), Samsung is releasing the SGH-5400 soon and then there are all of the Pocket PC handhelds with Phone edition on them and the market will only expand. There may even be some Orange and Mitac products over here but I cannot confirm or deny that ^_^ Nokia makes one or two 'Smartphones' though I am not that familiar with them. If you go to PocketPC Magazines on-line web page (not sure if there is cost for that) they are extremely good at tracking new Smartphone tech all over the world and equally good at keeping up with new apps and games for said phones. I subscribe to the actual mag and if I had an address to send to could pass along a few of my past but still recent issues (anything to make our world a little smaller). I have made at least one convert to Smartphones a week since I got mine in December last year (that's almost 52 by myself) and if this is any indication the week 2003 was FINALLY released Verizon wireles got ambushed all over the states for at least two weeks straight. everyday I see at least a handful of Smartphones on peoples belts and I tell everyone I talk to about them about MoDaCo. This site was the first if not among the first to provide a forum for us geeks to drool outloud. Thanks.

-MalKiE

p.s this might be slightly off topic but you are moderator so I thought I would ask... How many posts do I need to win a gold star above my avatar? -MalKiE

Guest markdotpeters5

Tempted to go, but it's a far way from Taunton.

Anyone going from nearish to there?

Actually, scrap that! Got a mate's engagement party.

doh!

Guest fergus1

Just a bit of info for all those Guinness drinkers, there is an O'Neils pub more or less next door to 52 Degrees North, serving a great pint of Genius!!!! ^_^ :D :P

52 Degrees north is in the heart of the Gay & Chinatown area of Birmingham... Too many shandys & people may get more than they bargained for ^_^

Lot's of "straight" nightlife in the area as well if people want to party.

Mal

Guest dshaugney

Wow I'm amazed how many peepz from the Birmingham area there are here. On a saturday night there is planety of "talent" around the Arcadian bars/clubs for those wondering if there is any skirt around. If not then I'm sure any one of these peepz will take you lot to Broad Street for more of...er... drinking...yeah that's right.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

The website ( www.fiftytwodegreesnorth.co.uk ) has a map with directions. Its about a 10 min walk from new street station.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Accomodation:

Comfort Inn The

Station St, Birmingham, B5 4DY Tel: 0121-643 1134

basically it's close, and we can gain a cheap rate (under 30quid per person) based on people sharing twin rooms.

ring up and use my name (Will Fletcher) and speak to Julie.. and she will take a cc down to guarantee your room.

more we book the more we save!

(out of offer price is 75quiddes per twin room)

singles are about 50-60quid.

Will

Hallu

Nil should with come do those prezent in MoDaCo winter event 2004.

Or what will happend with those who's not present , do they get any price ???

sincerely