Calling all wanna learn games programmers

Guest muff

• 2 weeks later...
Guest djfuego

Sounds Prommising I'd be interested in participating.

I, haven't typed 'real' code for about a year and a half now, Just drag n drop event based quick n easy programming. Last thing I used was Java before that it was C++ then C then :shock: Pascal ..I started on my C64 so basic is easy.

I don't like typing too much code as it's too time consuming. I can make apps 50 times quicker and 100 times more powerful in the same amount of time it would take to type the thing out.

Muff, please count me in mate. 110% behind you, anything I can offer to assist, just shout.

I could be the idiot that tests it to see if its 'idiot proof'! ^_^

Guest Pixeled

Count me in too :lol:

Voted yes. I also know the basics (quick/visual basic, (v)c++ basics and some php and javascript) and would really like to discover how to develop stuff for the smartphone platform!

Guest Grolsch

I too, would be interested in learning this. However, do you need Microsofts ridiculously expensive compiler to make apps for smartphone or can you use a free alternative like Bloodshed?

I will be doing it based on eVC++ so that it's free and works on the most number of devices - this and the SDK's are free to download from Microsoft

the only cost is time and effort on your part - and yes your feedback and participation will be important, as maxh2003 has suggested

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Croccy22

So is it ready then mate? he he

I have just given up on game programming at the moment. Mainly due to doing other things but also due to the fact that I am just fed up with Gapidraw.

Everytime I go to write something they have changed all the libraries again and made it just that little bit more bloated and slower.

Yes great! it supports every platform under the sun now. Do I want that? er no.

So go for it and once it's out maybe my missile command game will finally see the light of day. It only needs a final rewrite really with a few extra bits so it would be nice to write it using your library to do a test.

One thing. will it support transparencies of any type?

Matt

Croccy22

sorry for the delay folks - I've been away, and then snowed under with some stuff - and for reasons known only to MS I've got to change some stuff to make it future proof, and fully independant of anyone elses controlled code

but fear not, this is still happening, just a little delayed atm

p.s. transparency is supported in all sorts of functions :lol:

I too, would be interested in learning this. However, do you need Microsofts ridiculously expensive compiler to make apps for smartphone or can you use a free alternative like Bloodshed?

As mentioned before, eVC++ is free. I think that it is also possible to use a version of gcc (I'm sure I saw something about BetaPlayer working towards being compilable with gcc).

On another note, I believe that Microsoft's VC++ compiler is actually free now. It's the IDE that costs a lot (along with the .net languages, I think).

The .NET framework AND compilers have always been, and always will be, free.

Guest midnight

either way, the tutorials will not be for .NET developers, as you know, C++ is alot more powerfull than .NET for game programming, and our graphics engine is C++ based.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just a quicky to let u know that this is not forgotten - I'm starting to get the engine clean / ready for you to play with - and I'm deciding on a structure for the tutorials to take

the length of the list of headings at the moment is scary - fear not it will be pared down for the final list :D