Post C500 Update - New bugs, issues, unresolved bugs etc

Guest pisquee

Guest sgannon

I do, but I didn't want to rub it in.. ^_^

Well, I've tried changing every option and mode - as I'm sure you have - and my auto option just wont go. Sorry mate, you're on your own with this unique "feature"!

On the brighter side...

The backspace problem in IE's address bar has been fixed - you can hold down the back key, and it won't delete the extra backspace in http:// like it did before. ^_^

Guest Confucious

@shadamehr

I've just checked and still have the auto option so it does look like it's just you. Maybe it's to get back at you for puting writing all over your avatar ^_^

Can you confirm you have the same version (2.50 build 17036)?

Guest shadamehr

Yeah mate - same version.

Which makes it sound like there is some sort of registry problem or whatever, as if the version number is the same, the features should be identical from one phone to another.

Mmmm.

Guest pisquee

One thing I noticed when my phone screwed up and needed resetting, that holding down the two softkeys with power button for loading the bootloader, had no effect, it just booted into smartphone os as normal. Has the no multikey presses also affected getting into bootloader?

Guest dshaugney

Another thing I noticed is that Orange tried to give the speaker a little more punch, they *TRIED* to add more base to it - as a result any music I play on loudspeaker that is basy comes out very distorted now. For exmaple I used to listen to MUSE Hysteria on full volume no problem but now it's horribly distorded.

Guest shadamehr
Have you got this key in the registry?:  

HKLM/SOFTWARE/HTC/Camera/General/EnableAutoFlicker=1 (Dword Value)

I thought you might have hit on something...

Until I checked, and found that, YES, it's there already, with a Dword value of 1.

Mighty weird *lol*

Guest pisquee

Found another one yesterday, Media player after a while will just stop playing audio. The timer will keep counting, and you can skip to new tracks but you cannot hear anything. Shutting it down with task manager and then restarting it makes no difference, the only fix i could find was that restarting the phone. This happened a number of times.

Since the update i've stopped getting delivery reports for text messages ^_^ Its turned on globally and its also on by default in the individual message options.

Is it just me or a problem with orange at the moment?

Guest Pondrew
out of all the updates that you have released for all the smartphones you have NEVER made one that whilst fixing some issues does not create new ones..

I know where you're coming from Dave, but can't agree in so far as at least the final/last E200 update didn't introduce any new problems. Did it?!

Has anyone else found the keylock stops working?? Since the update sometimes when I hold the end call key for a keylock it does nothing, also trying to select the keylock from the quicklist doesnt work. It fixes itself with a reboot - but its quite annoying. :x

I've had that as well Dr Blow. In fact I think I've had to reboot the phone in order to get some other bits working properly as well - IE was refusing to load pages until I did so.

I really wish I hadn't installed this update now. :cry:

Not sure about anyone else, but Playlist Manager 2003 no longer works. WM9 simply says it can not play 'this' file????... whatever that means!

***EDIT; Maybe not an upgrade fault then, thanks Confusious :oops: ****

Guest Jasonkruys
am i missing something here??  

i know the c500 has multipress issues but i SWEAR before the upgrade i could use 2 keys together.. on the fixed eclipse i had my keys set ass folows,,  

up=8 down=2 left=4 right=6 fire=#  

and i COULD use 2 keys together EG: i could use 8+4 for diagonal up/left or 2+# for fireing whilst moving down but now i can only use ONE key at a time so whats up with this?

I have this as well, but it seems you can now use the Joystick and another key instead :shock:

Guest Confucious
Not sure about anyone else, but Playlist Manager 2003 no longer works. WM9 simply says it can not play 'this' file????... whatever that means!

Works fine here ^_^

When refreshing homescreens (see method below), sometimes the background image isn't displayed and sometimes the entire scheme will not load. Fixed only by reboot.

Can't always be reproduced

Method used for this...

1. Open "[arbitrary].home.xml" in Orneta Notepad

2. Edit it, save it. Click "Home".

3. Start->Settings (4)-> Home Screen (4)

4. Joystick Left -or- Right

5. Done.

6. Action Button (return to Home Screen settings).

7. Joystick Left -or- Right (re-select edited Home Screen).

8. Done. Home.

9. Keep pressing Back to return to Orneta Notepad.

10. Back to step 2. Repeat a few times.

Might also be the case when simply changing homescreens a few times in quick succession.