xBar 2.4

Guest Xetra

Unless you have changed the key mapping, the Back key kills the current app in xBar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only if xBar is displayed; the comment was about a long press of the backspace when PIE is running. They are different things :D

Only if xBar is displayed; the comment was about a long press of the backspace when PIE is running.  They are different things :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, yes. You're correct. :oops:

Guest Andbrown

This seemed to be a good place to ask about an Xbar 2.x issue, as opposed to starting a new thread - hope that's the case!

I started using Xbar with version 2.0. At that time, when I launched the Contacts application on my Smartphone (then a Mitac Mio 8390, running WM 2003), I was able to see Contacts in the Xbar window and thus switch to it or close it if needed. Moreover, if I had a specific contact open, I could actually switch from, say, Internet Explorer to that specific contact, which was quite useful as well.

I didn't upgrade again until 2.4 came out. When I installed 2.4, I discovered I could no longer see either the Contacts application or individual open contacts in the Xbar window. Every other application shows up in the Xbar window just fine, but not Contacts. Because of this, I reverted back to 2.0.

Then recently I got an SMT 5600 (aka Typhoon, C500), and discovered that when I installed Xbar 2.0, I couldn't copy/paste the same way as on my Mio 8390, due to the way the 5600's buttons worked. Therefore, to get copy/paste - which is why I bought Xbar in the first place! - I needed to upgrade to 2.4 (now 2.5) to get that functionality on my new phone.

Unfortunately, on the 5600, I still see the same problem with Contacts simply not appearing in the Xbar window when opened. :D So it seems I only have a choice between 2.0 (no cut and paste) or 2.5 (no Contacts). I have e-mailed the support address a week ago, including a description similar to the above and also including my config file, and have not heard back in that time from the developer. That's a little disappointing for an app I actually paid for - though granted not a huge sum - so I turn to the forum here for help!

Can everyone else using Xbar 2.4 or 2.5 see the Contacts application when they use Xbar if they actually have the Contacts app open on the phone?

(btw, I read all the instructions on tweaking which apps show up in the window based on the xbar_cfg.ini file, and in fact have done some modifications, but I'm sure I haven't set the Contacts app to HIDE)

Guest Pondrew

Andbrown: Yes, contacts and any selected contact shows fine on my E200 with Xbar 2.5. Not encountered such problems before...

Edited by Pondrew

On my i600 I see icons for both the contacts and the selected contact. However, I am taken to the selected contact regardless of which one I selectin in xBar.

Guest Pondrew
On my i600  I see icons for both the contacts and the selected contact. However, I am taken to the selected contact regardless of which one I selectin  in  xBar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, same here.

Guest Confucious

Just tried on my C500 (xbar 2.5) and behaves as per scottb and Pondrew's. I suggest you uninstall completely (after backing up all your mods) and try with an unmodded version. If that works then go back and add your mods one at a time checking to see if it still works to see which one causes the problem.

HTH

Let us know how you get on.

Guest Andbrown
I suggest you uninstall completely (after backing up all your mods) and try with an unmodded version. If that works then go back and add your mods one at a time checking to see if it still works to see which one causes the problem.

Thanks all for the feedback - it definitely helped to know that the issue was unique to me and therefore pointed at something I had modified. As it turns out, the issue was that I like to HIDEAPP the Start menu. I have no reason to close it or switch to it, so I'd rather not clog up the Xbar window with it. When I set the xbar_cfg.ini file to show "process" in order to add the correct HIDEAPP, it appeared that hiding "appman.exe" was the way to remove Start. Well, it does do that :D but also apparently won't show the Contacts app, either. So, I removed that and everything's fine again. I guess I can live with showing the Start icon in Xbar...but kind of an odd problem.

In any case, thanks again for the help!

Thanks all for the feedback - it definitely helped to know that the issue was unique to me and therefore pointed at something I had modified. As it turns out, the issue was that I like to HIDEAPP the Start menu. I have no reason to close it or switch to it, so I'd rather not clog up the Xbar window with it. When I set the xbar_cfg.ini file to show "process" in order to add the correct HIDEAPP, it appeared that hiding "appman.exe" was the way to remove Start. Well, it does do that  :D  but also apparently won't show the Contacts app, either. So, I removed that and everything's fine again. I guess I can live with showing the Start icon in Xbar...but kind of an odd problem.

In any case, thanks again for the help!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi all

first, thank you to use xbar

I work hard to enhance it and fix bug.

You can play with the hideapp settings in the xbar_cfg.ini (shwith to process=1 to view process)

xbar enum all visible window who have a title (because there are a lot of windows in windows :D

so the next release will add more feature about that

hideapp by class name, by ttle and by process (current)

and a lockapp to disable kill to this app.

because xbar is always in memory, xbar must be compatible with all software,

with a "normal" soft, you never run all your soft at the same time, so it is rare that you saw an incompatibility between software.

and in some case, problems are not from xbar but from the other software.

i try to solve it in xbar but i don't want xbar become a "gaz factory" (don't know if this expression is ok :D =a buggy windows 95 :P :D )

regards

David

Edited by Xetra

Hi all

first, thank you to use xbar

I work hard to enhance it and fix bug.

You can play with the hideapp settings in the xbar_cfg.ini (shwith to process=1 to view process)

xbar enum all visible window who have a title (because there are a lot of windows in windows :D

so the next release will add more feature about that

hideapp by class name, by ttle and by process (current)

and a lockapp to disable kill to this app.

because xbar is always in memory, xbar must be compatible with all software,

with a "normal" soft, you never run all your soft at the same time, so it is rare that you saw an incompatibility between software.

and in some case, problems are not from xbar but from the other software.

i try to solve it in xbar but i don't want xbar become a gaz factory (don't know if this expression is ok :D  =a buggy windows 95 :P :D

regards

David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

for the moment, to solve action bug button, you can use another key to call xbar (such as left menu or voice record).

maybe hardware builder may add a special hard xbar key :D

regards

David

After a bit of investigating, I am rather sure I got the T9 bug nailed down :D

So while we are waiting for the bug fix, let me tell you how it works and thereby how to avoid it.

When writing a SMS, the T9 bug ONLY appears when a receiver has been selected from the Contacts list, and ONLY the first time I try to add a word to the dictionary. If I manually type in the phone number of the receiver, or the ´To:´ field is left empty, the T9 bug doesn´t appear.

If you are going to use the 'Add Word' function, just type the message before selecting the receiver from the contacts list. Unfortunately this means that you will have to remove the receiver, if you are replying to a message... :|

Guest chucky.egg
...ONLY the first time I try to add a word to the dictionary

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I've noticed that too

I still haven't seen the T9 bug in v2.5 though. Just got a new handset, so maybe I'll be adding more words and will see it soon :roll:

Guest scubasimon

hello.

Just installed ver 2.4 on my smartphone and i can't get it to work properly. is this software compatible with an O2 XphoneII? I read that i can get alarm and copy/paste but i can't get it to do those things. am not very technical. all help appreciated.

thanks.

Guest scubasimon

hello again.

just to update, it seems the version i installed was 2.0 (the purchase version). i loaded now the 2.5 version and it works much much better.

however, can anyone provide some guidance how i can use the scheduler to put in alarms? again, i'm not very technical. so all help is appreciated.

thanks.

simon.

Guest hidden_agenda

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to hide "Contacts" and "Start." I have tried numerous HIDEAPPX=X settings to no avail. I am running Xbar 2.5 on an MPx220. I suspect my problem is that I am not getting the appropriate process name set, but I have no idead as to how to find out what the process name is. As far as "Start" goes I have no idea as I have not found the app the controls that. Contact on the other hand has been a range of things.

Examples:

HIDEAPP3=Start

HIDEAPP4=\Windows\Contacts.exe

HIDEAPP4=Contacts.exe

HIDEAPP4=Contacts

HIDEAPP4="Contacts"

Any ideas?

Easy. After RTFM...

Edit xbar_cfg.ini:

'Process=1"

Stop (kill) and restart xBar for the changes to take effect.

This then shows the process name of anything running, when you call up xBar. Use this name in the HIDEAPP section.

Don't forget to change the ini file back to 'Process=0', once you've finished.

(I could tell you the process names but then you'll not have anything to do and feel guilty that you've not learnt anything :lol:)

Edited by fozzie

Guest hidden_agenda
Easy.  After RTFM...

Edit xbar_cfg.ini:

'Process=1"

Stop (kill) and restart xBar for the changes to take effect.

This then shows the process name of anything running, when you call up xBar.  Use this name in the HIDEAPP section.

Don't forget to change the ini file back to 'Process=0', once you've finished.

(I could tell you the process names but then you'll not have anything to do and feel guilty that you've not learnt anything :()

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd rather know how to take care of the business myself anyhow. :lol: Thank your very much.

Now after editing the ini as per your instructions, I see that I am quite daft in so far as not seeing the 'Process' option when scouring through the ini multiple times now.

Thanks again!

Edited by hidden_agenda