New Plugin: SmartMonitor 0.9.6.0 [Updated 15/11/2004]

Guest drfonz

Guest MTDude

O.K. Am I stupid or ...?

I downloaded this file to my SMT 5600, and I can't get the file to work. I ran the CAB file from my storage card and it seemed to install o.k., but I don't see the program listed.

Is this a plugin that can only be seen with the appropriate home screen?

<-----using default homescreen... wm2003

Thanks in advance!

Guest member90

I am new to this.

Can you explain step by step how to get the plug in to work? I downloaded the cab and Installed it.

I just want a battery monitor on my default home screen.

How do I do that?

Thanks for the help. I am sure we all started sometime :?:

Guest simon211175

guys - the plugins are for use in designing custom homescreens - the default ones supplied with the phones won't be coded to make use of these. Take a look in the homescreen download pages in this forum for examples of homescreens using these (and many other) plugins. Alternatively, design your own (although it will take time to learn how).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest extravagant
Congratulations!

Off topic but I am about to join you in exactly one month and a day on the baby front (at least if he is on time) ;)

Yep my little man is almost ready to join us and it wont be long before he has his first MS Smartphone.........................well ok 3 or 4 years :wink:

Thanks again ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

congratulations!

• 1 month later...

I was really digging all the homescreens I've been seeing with the SmartMonitor plugin so I installed it on my phone (FINALLY) and altered my homescreen... I ended up creating two different ones.... This plugin is awesome! I can't believe I didn't install it until now!

post-3841-1122176404_thumb.jpg post-3841-1122176413_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest b0bby

Hi,

iv been using homescreen designer to do my homescreens...

how can i add this to my homescreen...

i dont really understand the x/y positioning... because they are relative to other objects yes?

it doesnt seem to work if i set x/y from top left of background.

anypointers anyone?

Cheers

Edited by b0bby

• 4 months later...
Guest eieioNY

I am a new smartphone user (had many other higher end phones before, i.e. Sony Ericsson S700i but never had a smartphone, though I’ve had ipaqs) and just got my SP5 w/qvga.

I’m looking at some ways to customize my theme/home page. I like lots of information, though I do like a clean look, so that’s a bit of a dichotomy. I also LOVE analog clocks. I did find one that is an analog clock but it has very little information on it, virtually nothing.

I’m between this theme maker/plug in and the other one called batt plug in or something like that.

May I please ask if you guys know he might consider putting in an analog clock? The space devoted to it needs to be slightly bigger as it is a circle, so a narrow strip would make the clock very tiny.

Does the current version optimize for the SP5’s qvga screen? I’ve wondered, where does the temperature come from, may I ask? Do all these new phones have a temp sensor? Or does the program go out to the web to get this info from a postal code?

Thank you all in advance for helping a total newbie out. i've not yet installed anything on my brand new SP5. worried about all these cab files and all. sounds scary and if i goofed, i might "ruin" my new SP5 ;)

By the way, fyi: I’m located in nyc.

Guest eieioNY

what about this SmartMonitor versus the Batt plug in?

i'm a total newbie, so ease of use, robustness, fewer problems, no crashes...etc are really important to me. i don't even know how to install a cab file yet!

thx in advance and looking forward to your advice/opinions

Guest emyllis

smartmonitor simply presents a home screen with info e.g. what percent of memory/internal and external you've used, battery, signal strength, temperature etc.

They're dead easy to use:

Copy the .cab (a compressed file which you install directly on the phone - rather than say an .exe which you run on your computer and the info copies over via activesync to your phone) to your phone/storage card and find the file using file manager wihch is under accessories.

select the file, and it will install the necessary files in the right location....

Then go to START, SETTINGS, HOME SCREEN, and change HOME SCREEN LAYOUT to smart monitor. Click DONE and see how your homescreen looks then!

Guest SinisterJunkie
2 questions please:

does this plug in support qvga please?

also, is there an analog clock option?

thx!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If your looking for an analog clock, check out RJTime.

• 7 months later...
Guest reggie220

Hate to ask a stupid question, but here goes :D

Is there an easy way (w/o xml) to get the SmartMonitor plugin to show on my homescreen while using Facade and Fizz traveller. I cant seem to make it work.

Thanks!

Never mind, I figured it out :D

Edited by reggie220

• 3 months later...

The signal meter plugin in Smartmonitor behaves oddly: If for som ereason I loose signal, the signal indicator goes to 1% (indicating no signal), but never comes up again once the signal strength goes up. Turning off and on again the phone gets things back to normal...Anybody experienced this behaviour?

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest redfisher1139
Anyone on here have a copy of the smartmonitor user guide. or anything for homescreen developers to use to help in development? Thanks!

I am going to have to second that motion, as the link to the site appears to be dead.

• 7 months later...