New Plugin: SmartMonitor 0.9.6.0 [Updated 15/11/2004]

Guest drfonz

I'd say it's OK to keep it here as it's related to SmartMonitor.

Can you check two things?

1: Increase the height of the plugin to at least 40. I noticed when I was messing with height that things disappeared.

2: close down ALL running apps before you highlight it. I had disappearing bmps and they may have been memory related.

Hope this helps...

-Mc

Guest nickcornaglia
Should I post the issue of the text disappearing when selected in another post or should I continue with it here?  I would tend to think it is a XML issue rather than something with the plugin as this worked fine in the orange homescreen that was posted in this thread.  But for the life of me I can't see anything wrong with the code I posted earlier.

Also just tested the newest version of the plugin on my Mpx200 and having the F read 36 degrees as well which isn't right.

Try putting the text tag around your text...see my code as an example.

B: {life-percentage}%

You really shouldnt have any text floating around outside of tags.

Let us know if it works.

DrFonz:

Thanks for your hard work. Like McHale said. It's up to you where you go with the plugin. I'm happy with it just the way it is. Anything you add is just a benefit! While I'm sure you appreciate the feedback...dont let too many cooks spoil the broth...or whatever that cliche is...if that is indeed how you spell cliche. ^_^

Looking forward to your new projects!

Guest mfioble

I tried out those tips encece and it seems to have done the trick. I did have to do it in combination with taking the last plugin off the homescreen. If I added it back it reverted to blanking out when selected. Odd thing is if I try to tack on just a little plugin (space wise) it goes to disappearing again. Kinda odd but it works for the most part.

Is there an easier way to test these homescreens mods other than copying them to your phone each time?

Is there an easier way to test these http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>homescreens mods other than copying them to your phone each time?

nope.

Well, that's not entirely true. There was a post a little while ago about an app someone wrote that would allow you to test it, but I never tried it. I think it's in this forum someplace...

-Mc

Well, I hope this doesn't become a daily thing, but this is the 3rd update of the day!

:arrow: Added new "scale" attribute to both the and elements so that the issue with some models displaying the temperature as 10 times smaller than it actually is can be resolved. Normally those models should make use of

And that's it for today. I'm off to bed ^_^

Dr Fonz

yup... that did it. I'm getting average temps of about 95 so I'm not sure if that's right. But, let me turn off the phone over night and find out.

Either way. Thanks again, everything works perfectly for me now!

-Mc

ss000.jpg

Guest The_Flames

is it possable to make the plugin unselectable (like the orange plugin's first tab? ) so you can see the info from the plugin, but it not be selectable ?

i haev some weird thing with 0.9.2.2, haven't tried 0.9.2.3 yet.

I just want to replace the temperatur plugin by kalantz with this plugin. My homescreen is look like attachment 1.

Some weird problem appear:

1. I have to remove some plugin before the smartmonitor plugin can be blend in one xml. If I just replace the tempplug with smartmonitor, the homescreen is just blank.

2. After removing some plugin (see attachment 2), the temperature reading is wrong, it should be multiply by 10. I see someone mention this in other post so hopefully it resolved in the new version.

3. After several time, the bar of the plugin is disappear. The one that disappear is in the monitor unselected sections, the selected was still there.

Any solutions for my problem above?

Despite that this is a GREAT plugin. Keep up the good work drfonz and thanks for the grea plugin.

Oh, one more thing. Could you add some alarm like LCD plugin from twyx?

O2Simple1.gif

bar.gif

@try

Can you post the XML you are using for your Homescreen? The problem you are describing has happend a couple of times and it can possibly be linked to erroneous XML code.

Also, to scale up your temperature by 10 just look at my post just a couple of posts before yours ^_^

Dr Fonz

drfonz,

I have tried the new version (0.9.2.3) and all my problem seem disappear, including no. 1 (still do not know why it is happening, maybe there is some memory limitation that related with the plugin).

Thank you for your help.

Do you still want my xml ?

@try

If it ain't broke don't fix it ^_^

So no, I don't need to see the XML anymore :D

@The_Flames

I have just added a "selectable" attribute to the plugin so you can modify the default behaviour. I haven't tested the ffeature yet, so I expect i shall be uploading a new version soon...

Dr Fonz

Right,

I have uploaded yet another version (0.9.2.4). Sorry! ^_^

:arrow: Adds plug-in attribute "selectable" which allows the caller to modify the default behaviour by making the whole plugin non-selectable if desired.

Downloads at the usual place!

Dr Fonz

yup... that did it. I'm getting average temps of about 95 so I'm not sure if that's right. But, let me turn off the phone over night and find out.

Either way. Thanks again, everything works perfectly for me now!

-Mc[/quote

Is their anychance youd be able to post the code for this homescreen as it looks great,Thanks

Guest pwhooftman2

My XML skills are limited, sorry if this is a dumb question.

I'm not able to make the font in the monitor less bold. I would like the font to be as light-weighted as the time & date in the example below and the other examples in this thread (even the source of my xml (encece) shows less bold font is his screenshot) .

I'm at a loss how to achieve it. (maybe it's because font-quality="cleartype" is being selected. I never quite understood why smudging the font so it becomes less readable is being referred to as ' clear' :roll: )

Here's the first part of my xml , i hope someone can point me in the right direction.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

testsimpel

Memory

{free}MB

Battery

{flag-short}

Here's everything you need for my homescreen. For the record, enece is the genius behind my use of this plugin. I changed a couple minor things but he did all the major code.

You have to be using the latest version of SmartMonitor 0.9.2.4 or 0.9.2.3 for the temp to work right on some models. If the temp is wrong, removed the scale = 10 or change it to scale = 1.

Everything the original Default home screen had is still there (missed calls, VM, etc) and works like the original - only shown when there's a reason to show it. I also commented and cleaned up the entire home screen for easy editing. Only supports English.

Let me know if you see something wrong or missing or something you think I need to add. I'm considering removing the MRU and making them static to apps I use the most (BTToggle, IE, Pocket Outlook, File Viewer, etc). Haven't decided yet.

Anywhere, here goes...

-Mc

p.s. Included in the .zip file is black.jpg. I use that for the ExtLCD. Set the contrast to 0 and you will have no problems seeing the text.

McHales home.zip

ss000.jpg

Guest The_Flames
@try

If it ain't broke don't fix it ^_^

So no, I don't need to see the XML anymore :D

@The_Flames

I have just added a "selectable" attribute to the plugin so you can modify the default behaviour. I haven't tested the ffeature yet, so I expect i shall be uploading a new version soon...

Dr Fonz

cool

Guest nickcornaglia

enough asking for modifications to this plugin. We're keeping drfonz from creating newer and even more exciting plugins! :-)

Posted from my SmartPhone

drfonz,

I found that having my homescreen refresh every 2 minutes still brought the battery down more than I wanted. When you set the refresh to '0' does it automatically refresh when you select it or is there more code to go with that?

Thanks again...

-Mc

Guest Powerfull

Hello,

When I display the temperature in Celsius the decimal is always zero, can I displayed the tempearture without decimal?

Another fonction can be added to your plugin, it's to display battery state with two pictures, one for charging and one for not charging (like BatPlug).

@encece

Thanks for that. I have a few things in the backburner at the minute for when I get a chance ^_^

@McHale

refresh="0" means "disable autorefresh" which means the plugin only gets updated when you select/unselect it, or when the whole Homscreen is redrawn, which happens fairly often if you use your phone at all, or get any phonecalls. refresh="0" is my preferred option.

@Powerfull

So much for what encece said! :D I will add your request to the list, and see what I can come up with...

Gotta go do some "real" work now! Cheers!

Dr Fonz

Guest dupasquier

Very sorry if I am asking the obvious, but I am new to smartphones and xml coding (bought mpx220 last week). I am trying to customize my today's page with mixed results... I have been able to copy/paste a few plugins and make them work, but so far no success with the SmartMonitor. Also, instead of displaying the "mru", I have been trying to display specific shortcuts on my screen, no success as well.

Could it be a limitation with my phone or the homescreen I am using (I started my homescreen from full.home.xml)?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Dr. Fonz,

thanks. Changing it to 0 is perfect. Again, thanks for the great plugin.

dupasquier,

Removing the MRU is easy, just remove that plugin. In fact, download my homescreen from the above link and take a look at it. I commented every section of the home screen you are trying to edit. In fact, mine is just a simple change of the full.home.xml file.

If you want specific shortcuts, you need to use another plugin called RJSHORTCUT. Do a search and you will find that. I'm probably going to go that route to.

I started with the Orange homescreen use of the plugin and it was OK. After enece posted his code, I copied his and changed things around to make it work for my screen. Those are the two I would use as a reference. One uses pictures and one doesn't. I like them both.

Hope some of this helps...

-Mc