New Plugin: SmartMonitor 0.9.6.0 [Updated 15/11/2004]

Guest drfonz

@dupasquier

Could you post the XML on this thread for me to have a look at?

This is very strange!

@Lasher

Have you actually tried? :D Just because it's not in the list of features, doesn't mean is not there ^_^

Only thing is that the ability to do what you want is only available in SP2003. If you have SP2002 I have implemented a trick, but it's very dirty. You need to copy the elements inside the element. Ugly, I know, but SP2002 simply can't do it...

Dr Fonz

A Cautionary Tale

I would always recommend to install a new version in the following manner:

1) Change Homescreens to one that doens't use SmartMonitor

2) Uninstall the old SmartMonitor

3) Power Down and restart the phone

4) Install the new SmartMonitor

5) Reselect the desired Homescreen

The reason for this has nothing to do with SmartMonitor, but with the way Windows Mobile handles Self-register DLLs. Sometimes they clean up properly, and sometimes they stay, so that you might be mixing DLLs and XML from different versions!

Dr Fonz

Guest Jerry Raia
@dupasquier

Could you post the XML on this thread for me to have a look at?

This is very strange!

@Lasher

Have you actually tried? :D Just because it's not in the list of features, doesn't mean is not there ^_^

Only thing is that the ability to do what you want is only available in SP2003. If you have SP2002 I have implemented a trick, but it's very dirty. You need to copy the elements inside the element. Ugly, I know, but SP2002 simply can't do it...

Dr Fonz

No this is with 2003 SE on my MPx220. I've been playing with it a little, its even stranger. I have the COLOR_HOMETEXT set as the text atribute. It does change color but when i change a theme I have to then change to a layout that doesnt use the plugin and then back. Then the text color changes.

@Lasher

Now, that's strange!

As I said, I didn't advertise this feature just because the behaviour in my C500 was also very strange, working some times and not others. The code to do this is very straight forward, just a simple call to a library, but it doesn't seem to be that easy. perhaps it's very sensitive to malformed XML...

I shall have another look and if/when I'm happy with it I will announce it in a new version.

Cheers!

Dr Fonz

Guest Powerfull

Good work!!

The new decimal attribute works great, but the signal strengh seems to doesn't work on my SPV E200. Any chance to fix it in futur version?

Guest scott2eyes

Loving this plugin- it keeps getting better and better! I particularly like the fact that the Iconbar plugin is almost totally redundant now that the important elements can be completely customised in this plugin- the only reason to keep it would be for the message icon. (Maybe a possible feature for a future update?)

However, I'm having trouble getting the new Signal element to work- it seems to be completely ignoring the meterbar element, and comes up with "unknown tag" instead of the signal percentage. I've tried re-installing the CAB file (thought I might have acidentally installed an old version or something), but I'm still getting the same problem.

(Using an Orange MPx200, with the Smartphone 2002 CAB file.)

Here's the relevant section of my XML; I've got the battery strength, storage card and memory all working fine (both text and graphical displays)- it's just the signal part I'm struggling with.

Can anyone shed any light on where I might be going wrong?

<signal x="80" y="10" color="#FFFFFF">{signal-percentage}%</signal>

<meterbar x="38" y="0" 

image-full="IPSMApplication DataHomemonitorLightningLeft.bmp" 

image-empty="IPSMApplication DataHomemonitorNoLightningLeft.bmp"

bar-direction="right-left" type="signal-strength"/>

@scott2eyes

I can't see anything wrong with your code. In fact, the following code can be found in the sample plugin, and it looks remarkaby like yours...

<text x="0" y="30" color="COLOR_HOMETEXT">Signal Strength:</text>

<signal x="70" y="31" color="COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT">{strength-percentage}%</signal>

<meterbar x="55" y="31" 

image-full="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_full.bmp" 

image-empty="StorageApplication DataHomemonitorbar_empty.bmp" 

bar-direction="left-right" type="signal-strength" transparent-color="#FEFEFE"/>

And that code works fine. What specific problem are you getting? Do you get the text from the tag, but not the meterbar? Or do you get neither? If you get at least one of them, then you have the right plugin, but if both appear as Unknown Tags, then you still have the old DLL on...

Dr Fonz

Wow! :shock: I didn't even notice the signal strength bit til today!!

Seriously, all repsect is due to drfonz for this plugin. It just keeps getting better!

Now, I know this thread has become a request spot ( ^_^ ), but if you could add the gprs symbol (from the icon bar) then we really would be able to lose the old iconbar plugin altogether!!

Excellent work doc fella! :wink:

As scott2eyes pointed out to me, there was a mistake in the documentation, you shold be using {strength-percentage} instead of "signal-percentage".

But it looks like the MPx200 might have problems with the signal system...

Dr Fonz

Signal Strength question:

The percentage seems to be accurate (1 being the lowest), but the bar never seems to change and it is always at like 3/4 full. Anyone else having this problem?

Here's my code:

Signal

{strength-percentage}%

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

-Mc

Hi all,

This plugin got real interesting for me with the signal strength added.

I made a fairly simply bit showing only battery and signal, both wit a little bar. Worked fine first but after tweaking the x y positions of the items shown a few times and reloading the screen it now refuses to load any screen using the plugin !

I have removed and reinstalled the plugin (with a reboot in between), removed all the homex.hif files from the app data/home directory, all the usual tricks... no result. Still can't load a screen with the plugin..

Any idea's ?

It's c500 thing. The homescreen engine seems poor. The only thing I have found that helps in that kind of situation is to remove some other plugins from the xml. It seems to be a case of the homescreen having too much to handle. Hasn't happened to me with this plugin (thank God) but it's happened on others.

Guest scott2eyes
The percentage seems to be accurate (1 being the lowest), but the bar never seems to change and it is always at like 3/4 full. Anyone else having this problem?

Have you tried bringing the "refresh" value down? That could be the problem- if you've got the plugin set to be unselectable and the refresh as zero, then it would never update itself.

Guest mfioble

The signal now shows up as 0% instead of unknown but it always reads 0%. I'm running a Mpx200 on 2002. Anyone else got the signal percentage to work. I set my refresh to 60.