but I can use

Options/1 Send via bluetooth/2 Message in contact

Hope this helps

Sean

Guest stretchie

At first I was having probs too.

If you:

Options/1 Send via bluetooth/1 Message

then it sends the message as a text file but not all phones can read this, so the receiving phone either doesn't accept the file or it does but just saves it as unknown. (mainly tried against Nokia 6600 and Sony Ericsson K700i)

My mate with the 6600 donwloaded a program to let him read text files and now he can receive my messages when sent as above.

If you:

Options/1 Send via bluetooth/2 Message in contact

it sends the message as a contact and shows up on their screen (usually, depends on the phone) as the message and if they would like to save it or not.

If, as I have read a few times it comes up failed, it is because the recipient has either not accepted the message and it has timed out or they have simply refused it.

Have tried c500->c500 and c500->t610 now

I go to the Who's In? menu and go to Options....

1 Send Via Bluetooth > 1 Message

"Connecting...Trying to send...Failed"

(sometimes just "Connecting...Failed")

1 Send Via Bluetooth > 2 Message in contact

"Connecting...Failed"

1 Send Via Bluetooth > 3 Contact

Takes me to a blank screen

1 Send Via Bluetooth > 4 File

Select a file

"Connecting...Trying to send...Failed"

(sometimes just "Connecting...Failed")

note: could do with ".." or "Up a directory" here!

2 Send MobiLuck

"Connecting...Failed"

None of it seems to work for me, I'm afraid. Could it be because of the latest update?

Nice bike stretchie, is it a Thunderace?

Guest Confucious

Just tried sending to my Nokia 7600 (I knowI shouldn't admit to owninhg one in public but it was cheap) and if I send a message it sends a text message which can't be read (file format not supported) and if I send message in contact it sends it as a business card which gets truncated so you can't read it all and with www.mobiluc.com in the details - sio the actual message sent can't actually be read ^_^

But at least it does send and the receiving phone gets asked if it wants to accept.

I am using the latest update on the C500.

Just tried to my Motorola A920 and had to have the phone on Discoverable (a quirk of the Motorolas) and had similar results except the message was not truncated when sent as a contact (I think it would have been had it been any longer)

Sending mobiluck sends a link to http://wap.mobiluck.com

I don't know why it shouldn't work with yours. An obvious question tho' - you do have BT turned on on both phones?

Guest iainp999

sorry for going completely OT!

shadamehr -

on your mobile blog the pic of st.james' is very close to where my brother sits

i'm not that far from there either (bottom of milburn on the right of the pic near the corner flag) ;-)

I don't know why it shouldn't work with yours. An obvious question tho' - you do have BT turned on on both phones?

Yeah - I have cleared the "Who's in?" list a number of times and re-activated MobiLuck..it discovers devices fine.

I actually had a successful sending (according to the phone) to a T610 but nothing came up on the recipients' device.

I'm just going to give up on it anyway - it's too painful, badly thought out (file browsing), and incomplete (send contacts).

Nice idea, but I suppose as with other "bluejacking" software, ne pas de cigar.

if I send message in contact it sends it as a business card which gets truncated so you can't read it all and with www.mobiluc.com in the details - sio the actual message sent can't actually be read ^_^

Noticed that too... Sucks really, since the program has no way of editing the the details of the business card being sent..

What's this about an updated version by the way ? Must have missed something here :shock:

Guest Barry Poo

right I'm obviously not up to speed with this cause I can't get tit to work.

when download the file from the website then try opening the 'setup' file I get the following message

"This set up requires the .NET Framework version 1.1.4322. Please install the .Net Framework and run this setup again."

There seems to be lots of different versions of the .Net Framework which is the correct one? I tried one but it was obviously the wrong one.

Any ideas anyone? remember I'm new to smartphones so please be gentle?

Guest Barry Poo

No but then again when I go Start>All programs I don't hav anything that says administaration tools?

Is there a link to the correct version of .Network I need to download?

oh and SP2 is the windows update right? If so yeah

Guest NIGHTMARE

Please can you spare a second and answer the following;

:arrow: what is the best way to send a message out of the two options?

:arrow: what is the safe length of a message that can be sent without truncation,

:arrow: is their any way of getting more success when sending messages?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...