Free non permanent sim unlock for e200 - patched rom

Guest squall

IF you sim unlocked using imei-check then the phone will stay unlocked.

If you sim unlocked using this patch you will loose sim unlock unless you patch the rom you are going to use

I've tried it on the Philippine SMART Amazing Phone 2. E200Unlock patched it ok and when it's time to flash it on my mobile, it just displays a message that the ROM is corrupt. Is there something a didn't do right? Could someone help me, please?

Guest weeluke

Hi,

Ok, i have a little problem

i downloaded all the needed stuff patched it when i was using the flash util then it froze, now my e200 comes up with "press any key to enter bootloader" when ya press a key it comes up with 3colours all saying "Smart Doc v1.07.02 Doc"

once this screen comes up i cannot turn the phone off normalyi have to take the battery out, so i reflashed it now it works ok

thanks

weeluke

I've finally SIM unlocked my mobile! Even switched to i-Mate ROM. Unfortunately, there seemed to be a glitch. Whenever I'm checking my balance via SIM services (Filipinos familiar with SMART Menu -> Buddy Balance), instead of displaying the operator service, it displays a name from my contact list. What seemed go wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

I would post a new thread so the question gets more attention

As a thought:

Sometimes the caller id etc act funny if a full number is stored in another number, ie 901 was my voice mail number, and i had a contact who had 901 in there phone number, when the voice mail phoned me it showed as coming from my contact

Guest nattysmad

hi i have a e200 and its unlocked but i cant get internet on it as o2 say they need the mader of it to send right info to phone can u help me with it

thanks happy new year

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Coolboy1982
8. Go back to the folder you extracted the rom to in step 3 and run the file called ROMUpdateUtility.exe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stupid question, but is taht the same as the file called VoUpgradeUt.exe in my UK update I just downloaded?

Guest Coolboy1982
ok the orange update its called ROMUpdateUtility.exe but just try them all until you get the one that runs the update!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks.

Already did it.

In the Orange UK update it was the VoUpgradeUt.exe, as I had thought.

Worked a treat.

• 4 weeks later...

weeeeeeeeeee fantastic :D most impressed - thanks :D

A quickie - I'm now using a UK vodafone SIM - do I need to change settings on the E200 to access

MMS

MSN

Web browsing

Thanks for any tips :P