Free non permanent sim unlock for e200 - patched rom

Guest squall

yes you do, the settings you need can be found in the the gprs settings repository

This is in the articles section of modaco

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks fella - still issues with me MMS setup but have replied on the thread over there :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest srikanthrv

This guide enables you to use the E200 with a sim card from any network by modifying the Rom, IE the operating systems.

1. Install a zip program such as winace or winrar

2. Download the latest Update for your country from your orange site.

¬

¬

¬

Should there be a SIM inside for unlocking or is it enough if the phone is switched ON and it says "SIM not found or INVALID SIM".

In this condition can we unlock the phone....

(this is bcoz i lost my SIM Boo Hoo!!!!)

Edited by srikanthrv

Guest srikanthrv
I just tried this but could not get it to work.

I had already installed the ROM update on my E200. I downloaded the ROm update and the sim unlock software to a folder on my desktop as explained, however when i go to run the sim unlock it flashes on and off the screen in the blink of an eye?????

Anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HI,

I also experienced the same problem.

Did you find a solution for it.

Strange even SQUALL or any member has not replied to your query....

If you have found out the solution please share it with me.

Thanks

srikanthrv

sorry i haveny been about much recently...

you should be able to do it without the sim card, if you run the update from the bootloader

enter the bootloader by holding power & record button on start up

Guest srikanthrv
sorry i haveny been about much recently...

you should be able to do it without the sim card, if you run the update from the bootloader

enter the bootloader by holding power & record button on start up

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi squall,

Thanks for replying..

when i try to run the update from bootloader screen, my pc says the "SPV is not connected".but when i switch on and go to the "missing SIM card screen" then it shows that the spv is connected.

Wat shud i do so that the spv is rescognised by my pc when it is in bootloader screen?

And can i run the update from WIN98se??

Hope u resolve my issues.

Thanks

Edited by srikanthrv

Guest RaveDisc

Squall, where can I find the update for my SPV E200 ? I searched on orange.ch (I'm from switzerland) and I didn't find any update, then I searched on orange.com, and it's the same thing... :S

Guest RaveDisc

Thanx !

I've done what you said in the first page of the topic (spv unlock etc.)

But the uptade is very long ! They say approx. 15-30minutes ! And the update has already past 30minutes... is it normal ?

:'( I hope it'll work... I hate orange...

edit : "Checking the information on your spv e200 ... please wait...

Please don't disconnect your spv e200 from your pc or the power

supply until the upgrade is completed"

I think it's normal, but the processus is being too long !

Edited by RaveDisc

Guest 187Cop
Thanx !

I've done what you said in the first page of the topic (spv unlock etc.)

But the uptade is very long ! They say approx. 15-30minutes ! And the update has already past 30minutes... is it normal ?

:'( I hope it'll work... I hate orange...

edit : "Checking the information on your spv e200 ...  please wait...

Please don't disconnect your spv e200 from your pc or the power

supply until the upgrade is completed"

I think it's normal, but the processus is being too long !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How did things turn out?

I'm going to try this proceedure pretty soon and want to know what to expect in terms of how long the update should be processing.

Also, does this method continue to work after a hard reset? (Is it only a new ROM flash that invalidates the SIM unlock?)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

This is superb..... Free unlock to use my Free T-Mobile Sim card with my free 2000 texts (with a £10 top up of course)...

And it was so simple....

Cheers guys

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest icelolly

Ive just read the first thread from squall. My "new" spv e200 will arrive via E bay in a couple of days and I want to get ready to unlock it (on orange as far as I understand) use my vodaphone sim and install the latest rom.

The latest rom is ---spve200_v2.7.5.1.exe---? and the unlocking file is----E200Unlock.zip--?

The translated text from the french site makes no mention of when to connect the cradle and what the "user image" is.

Reading other threads they show several buttons that need to be pressed during this upgrade/unlocking.?

Any help on this would be much appreciated

Thanks

Doug

Guest squall

I will look into why the image doesnt work.

You connect the cradle when you run the update util (step 8)

You get on screen prompts on what to do at this stage anyway.

Just follow the instructions step by step, it works :D

Guest icelolly

Thanks for the quick reply Ian :D

A little history here. I've got an Imate jam (3mths old) and as a pda it's great but the phone part of it is terrible. The software is so unstable bt is unreliable and so on. Until they release a much better rom i'm going to use my SPVE200 as a way of carrying calender etc with me and having a phone that actualy dials numbers every time!

Thanks for your help

Doug

Guest mrchrisdavies

Thought mine had worked okay, but now I've tested it with a Vodafone and T mobile sim, it asks for a "network unlock code" which has quite a few numbers in it.

Any clues???

It works okay with Orange still

Guest icelolly

Here we go

I had exactly the same problem as mrch. I repeated the process and then all was well. I concluded that it was the way I did it. On the repeat run I made sure that when I transfered the rom into a folder I closed the dialoge box that invites you to run the update. Then I ran the unlock file and ONLY THEN did I run the EXE file to start the upgrade process.

When it said that it had finished I left it in the cradle for a little while to ensure it was fully "cooked" and ready to remove from the cradle. Inserting my Vodaphone sim simply started up as normal. Hope this helps.

Please ask again if you need more help.

Doug

Edited by icelolly

Guest mrchrisdavies

Thanks, I'll try the process again.

(Also didn't help that my PC fried at work halfway through installing new rom! Ended up getting a new PC!)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest griml0ck

i got a qtek 8080 the swedish version of the E200 and when i trie to patch the update he cant find the rom nk.nbf

arent i supposed to patch the install file or is there a way of unpacking it or something like that??

best reggards//matte

• 3 weeks later...