SMT5600 Unlock interim solution.

Guest revolution.cx

Guest shortcut3d

I am using the same settings I had on my imate SP3 for Cingular and now GPRS does not work on the SMT 5600 w/ C500 850 ROM.

What settings are you using for Cingular?

Anyone confirm that 850 is work?

For those that have gone through the unlocking procedure...

Did anyone have a problem getting their UNL file?

The only thing I get is "Sorry, your key is not stored on our download server. Please contact support team: [email protected]".

Sent them an email. I'm sure the imei-check team is swamped, so it will probably another day of waiting for me.

Guest phonemag

Quick update: Sprite Backup version 2.0 installed and worked fine on the SMT 5600 running Orange ROM.

Hi Florin/All,

It looks like the unlock does not fix the app lock issue.

Spritebackup bombs stating phone is locked.  See attached file.  Suggestions?

Guest nephilim
So far no luck with Cingular GPRS/WAP working.

I'm having a similar issue: I can connect (at least as far as I can tell) but I get a "Cannot find page" error for any WAP/HTML site that I try to visit. Also, my IMAP doesn't work.

~John

Guest nephilim
Yeah I probably sent a few emails myself.  

Thanks for the workaround florin.

FYI,  I'm on Tmobile USA and GPRS/WAP/MMS works great.  Exchange Server AUTD works flawlessly.  All the blackberry users are hating on me.  

I was trying to add a root certificate with Spaddcert.exe and it failed because the phone was applocked and spaddcert.exe isn't signed.  Ended up disabling SSL cert checks with certchk.exe.

I am very interested to know what settings and T-Mobile plan (free, t-zones, t-zones pro, etc...) you use: I am having difficulties using GPRS with my unlocked SMT 5600. Also, which ROM image are using (Orange or i-Mate)?

Thanks,

~John

I think those that are have gprs setting issues should start a new thread... maybe you could label it "USA GPRS settings".

This thread should pertain more to unlocking.

Guest shortcut3d

I am very interested to know what settings and T-Mobile plan (free, t-zones, t-zones pro, etc...) you use: I am having difficulties using GPRS with my unlocked SMT 5600. Also, which ROM image are using (Orange or i-Mate)?

Thanks,

~John

I'm using the orange 850 ROM. See my previous post for Cingular-CA GPRS setting that works.

I now have all Cingular data functions working on my hybrid phone.

Hi,

Can you give some details on how well it is working with Cingular data?

I am in a bit of a quandary – I’ve bought a 5600 straight out with the intent of unlocking it for use on Cingular. After the delays, I went ahead and just ordered one with a contract from AT&T, and planned to just cancel my Cingular account and port my number.

I still have time to return either phone, and would prefer to keep the Cingular account (seems like less hassle, and I would get dinged $$ for canceling my Cingular contract), but I want to make sure the data functions (and everything else) are working as good as they did ‘natively’ on AT&T.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks!

-Ed

Guest revolution.cx
Can the 5600 be flashed back to AT&T ROM if we want to try out the Orange ROM?

Thanks!

*Sigh* What's the point of updating this thread if people don't read it?

People, if you have a question you need to read all the posts in a discussion thread before asking.

Guest florin_m

UPDATE: Solution finished for AUDIOVOX, now we full testing it and we hope by Tuesday to be ready on our site. Existent C500 and AudioVOX custormers will need to login support section and to download the fix. Pleople which emailed me in the last days requesting the unlock please wait till Tuesday. I'll not answer to ANY emails regarding Audiovox till tuesday as I have lots of work.

Guest revolution.cx

That's EXCELLENT news. Everyone who has flashed the C500 over the 5600 is going to want to know if the SMT5600 ROM can be reinstalled and if you have it (cause we don't).

Reading between the lines of your post I'm thinking you do.

Also Florin has stated that those who paid for the C500 unlock won't have to pay again for a SMT5600 unlock (same IMEI).

UPDATE: Solution finished for AUDIOVOX, now we full testing it and we hope by Tuesday to be ready on our site. Existent C500 and AudioVOX custormers will need to login support section and to download the fix. Pleople which emailed me in the last days requesting the unlock please wait till Tuesday. I'll not answer to ANY emails regarding Audiovox till tuesday as I have lots of work.

Guest traesdad

I admit to being a newbie and I really need help. I bought an SMT5600 and was told by ATT, SunCom and Audiovox that it would work on my network since SunCom is a member of the ATT wireless family. Guess What? No worky at all! I do understand the processes you all are describing. What should I do to unlock the phone? Can Audiovox give me the code to unlock the phone? Does it have to come from ATT? Can you outline hte steps for me if neither of them can do it? SunCom is getting ready to become Cingulair...should I wait for that change and may be my phone will owrk without any fixes since ATT is now also Cingulair? See, I told you I didn't know anything......thank you!!!

*Sigh* What's the point of updating this thread if people don't read it?

People, if you have a question you need to read all the posts in a discussion thread before asking.

I did read the whole thread, and the prior one. The only thing (I found)relating to this is your post from a week ago saying "it is unknown". A lot can happen in a week - just thought I'd check.

Florin emailed me today and said "I'll supply the AT&T, no problem" So I *guess* the answer is yes.

Guest Confucious
Wonder if florin_m has a 5600 ROM with application unlock...  if not, I might just stay with with the Orange ROM.

Application Unlock > WMP10, IMHO

After Tuesday I might just email him to see if he can get WMP10 FOR Orange ROM!

He does actually seem to know what he is doing. I had an A835 on 3 UK before amnd he did some weird and wonderful things with that too so it's not just bullsh!t he really is good! :lol:

Guest HKBoySiR

This may sound kind of strange, but I wonder if there is an att rom with 900 band. I travel a lot to asia and would like to use my smart phone.

Posted from my SmartPhone!