SMT5600 Unlock interim solution.

Guest revolution.cx

I didn't run into any probs, worked like a champ. Although as windmiller said there are two version of the unlocker. The one that comes as a link in the email is for V2 and the one you can download from the website is V3. I ran it through with V3 without a problem.

Guest windmiller

I was going to wait to post this but.....I initially installed the Unlocker that was found once I paid and logged in. It stated it was C500V2unlock.zip. I ran it and got the Data Crashes messages.

I then noticed on the main page that there was an unlocker that when downloaded showed C500V3Unlock.zip So I tried it and my SMT is now working with WMP 10. I think there might have been a mix up on the versions.

Remeber this is just my experience. But mine is now working!

Guest coyspiracy

i tried both. first tried v3 and it stated " could not unlock". then tried v2 which successfuly unlocked but received "data crash.contact service center"...ohh maYn. the only way we can actually fix this problem is if we reflash it, but who has the 5600 rom??..not lookn good..

Guest windmiller

The only place I could find V3 was on the main page for C500. In the instructions to the right it says

"The unlocker (DOWNLOAD HERE) will work with the given IMEI only"

and there is a link under Download Here.

Really? The site has v2 for you? Maybe it's your cache or something... I just went back there and checked and the link says v3 for me, which is what I downloaded. Here is the link from c500-unlock that shows up for me... V3 Unlocker

Guest florin_m

Sorry for that. We found the problem. We left in support v2 unlocker so u used that one. Please DOWNLOAD v3 unlocker (is in support page now as well or from the main page) and reunlock your phone and it will be fine.

Guest paxkine
Sorry for that. We found the problem. We left in support v2 unlocker so u used that one. Please DOWNLOAD v3 unlocker (is in support page now as well or from the main page) and reunlock your phone and it will be fine.

I just flashed my 5600 with v3 and the home screen says "cingular" I use tmobile in the US so this is puzzling to me.. does this mean I am roaming? I have the triangle symbol on the top as well?? Thought it should say "tmobile" on the homescreen like usual? :lol:

Guest must50302

@ florin_m

when should we be getting that email to flash back to smt-5600. just want to know so i do not send you 20 emails. LOL :lol: :D

thanks for a great job well done!!

Guest windmiller

I wanted to say a quick thanks to Florin for his work in helping us all! I joined this site on Monday morning, received my phone Monday afternoon and the unlocker was avalible Monday Night!

Much appreciated Florin!

Guest phonemag

UPDATE:

Email from Florin:

Hello,

currently we prepare a solution with easy step by step guide. Will be sent to all

customers soon.

Regards,

IMEI-CHECK Team

Possibly, all we need is our old SMT 5600 ROM back, which Florin assured me he has. We already have our UNL and unlocker v3. Unless Florin needs to generate a new UNL file for us - which I doubt.

Florin, please advice.

@ florin_m  

when should we be getting that email to flash back to smt-5600. just want to know so i do not send you 20 emails. LOL  :lol:  :D  

thanks for a great job well done!!

Guest smccready
I just flashed my 5600 with v3 and the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>home screen says "cingular"  I use tmobile in the US so this is puzzling to me.. does this mean I am roaming? I have the triangle symbol on the top as well??  Thought it should say "tmobile" on the homescreen like usual?   :lol:

What state are you in? I'm in California, and Tmo uses Cingular's towers there. My 5600 (currently flashed with Orange ROM) shows 'Cingular' too, but it's not actually roaming (I checked my calls on T-mobile's web site to be sure they weren't showing up as Roaming calls)...

-Steve

Guest paxkine

What state are you in? I'm in California, and Tmo uses Cingular's towers there. My 5600 (currently flashed with Orange ROM) shows 'Cingular' too, but it's not actually roaming (I checked my calls on T-mobile's web site to be sure they weren't showing up as Roaming calls)...

-Steve

Hi Steve,

Yup I am in California too (OC), I was just a bit worried since my old mpx200 was unlocked and always showed tmobile with the same sim card...I thought I might be roaming too but I have had the phone all over the place all day and it still says "cingular" with the triangle...

maybe I need a new SIM card?? It would just make me feel better to see Tmo at the top without the triangle...also followed directions on another thread to get data working but no joy yet... :?

Guest turbojones

Florin_m, I'm about to purchase a used LOCKED SMT5600 with NO SIM card. I have a tMobile SIM card I plan to use with the phone. Will your unlock work with the tMobile SIM installed or does it have to have an active AT&T SIM card to work?

All best,

Michael

UPDATED: Just got a response from the website team. They say no SIM card is needed for the unlock. Just wanted to post this reply in case anyone else had the same question :-D

Michael

Guest phonemag

Hi Florin,

Please advice how to get rid of Modaco's splash screen each time the device is rebooted. As much as I like the logo, I don't care to see it everytime.

Just unlocked my 5600 and it works fine with Cingular! GREAT JOB Florin!

I have created a new data connection with the settings from previous posts:

Name: GPRS

Connects to: Internet (also tried WAP, Secure WAP)

Access Point: WAP.CINGULAR (<--tried upper and lowercase)

USER: [email protected]

PASSWORD: CINGULAR1

DNS 0.0.0.0 (Default)

IP

But still cannot connect. I have deleted the AT&T connections - that didn't help. I've also deleted the connection a few times, and re-created it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Guest Confucious
Hi Florin,

Please advice how to get rid of Modaco's splash screen each time the device is rebooted.  As much as I like the logo, I don't care to see it everytime.

You can please some of the people all of the time or all of the people some of the time. But there are some people..... :lol:

Guest florin_m

GPRS:

Is not JUST the data connection. When open IE please click menu, then options, then connections and make sure is selected internet. Now let me know if is ok now :lol:

GPRS:

Is not JUST the data connection. When open IE please click menu, then options, then connections and make sure is selected internet. Now let me know if is ok now :lol:

Florin -

Just tried that, still gettting the same error.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

-Ed

Guest paxkine
Hi Florin,

Please advice how to get rid of Modaco's splash screen each time the device is rebooted.  As much as I like the logo, I don't care to see it everytime.

Man I would love to have the Modaco splash screen on mine, I was one of the first and I still have the Mmode splash screen :cry: :lol: