SMT5600 Unlock interim solution.

Guest revolution.cx

Guest spindle

I unlocked my 5600 using Florin's site yesterday, but I can't seem to connect to tmobile (California) by using my girlfriend's sim card. All I can get in the setup/phone/network menu when I try to look for new networks is Cingular and AT&T, no Tmobile; eventhough her phone finds the network easily in our house. Is there something I need to do to get the phone to find the tmobile network? Is there something in the phone that's preventing me from connecting to other networks besides att and cingular?

Thanks for all the hard work Florin, it's much appreciated...

Anyone with any idea how to get it to work?

kkj1961, I have installed several apps on the device, and it doesn't seem to be locked so far. My most important apps are eWallet and SmartphoneNotes, and they both work fine.

Guest shortcut3d
I unlocked my 5600 using Florin's site yesterday, but I can't seem to connect to tmobile (California) by using my girlfriend's sim card.  All I can get in the setup/phone/network menu when I try to look for new networks is Cingular and AT&T, no Tmobile; eventhough her phone finds the network easily in our house.  Is there something I need to do to get the phone to find the tmobile network?  Is there something in the phone that's preventing me from connecting to other networks besides att and cingular?

Thanks for all the hard work Florin, it's much appreciated...  

Anyone with any idea how to get it to work?

T-mobile does not have a native network in CA/NV. T-mobile uses Cingular to roam. Cingular now owns ATTWS which has 850 coverage that is stronger indoors than 1900 (great range outdoors). Your phone is 850/1800/1900 and sees more signals and its not T-mobile branded.

What all that means is before you were on a 1900 network with a T-mobile phone. That phone had software that translated the network number and carrier name to keep displaying T-mobile on Cingular's CA/NV network. The ATTWS branded phone sees the network for what it is. You might be able to get an OTA update from T-mobile that will update the SIM card and name the networks properly. Or request a new SIM card with updated preferred network list.

Check www.howardforums.com and look for T-mobile under North America Carriers. This is a great resource.

Guest Confucious

I assume the locking on the 5600 is the same as on the C500 - this only affects things that change system files which mainly seems to be things like homescreens and the outlook addin for hotmail.

It is very easy to unlock the phone if you need to anyway so is not a problem.

Guest TEXMudder

Some apps install and some dont. I ran some zip file from this site that supposedly "application unlocked" the phone. It did unlock my registry which was way cool, but some apps will still not install. By and far most apps I have found loaded up just fine.

Hey guys,

I am new to this forum and new to unlocking phones. I recently got the SMT5600 from ATT wireless and i was wondering after i unlock the phone, can i still use it with ATT or not.

Thanks BONDS

Guest aristoBrat
Hey guys,  

I am new to this forum and new to unlocking phones. I recently got the SMT5600 from ATT wireless and i was wondering after i unlock the phone, can i still use it with ATT or not.

Thanks BONDS

If you unlock the phone, you should be able to use it with any GSM provider that has 850, 1800 or 1900 coverage. :lol:

If you unlock the phone, you should be able to use it with any GSM provider that has 850, 1800 or 1900 coverage. :lol:

Hey aristobrat,

Then i dont understand why most of the people tend to use it with cingular or TMo. Are there any advantages over ATT.

Thanks

BONDS

hey guys,

thanks for the replies

i have another question.

Can i use this phone with out any data services. I bought this fone from amazon. com and they automatically sign you up for the 10MB data service which is 30 bucs a month.

Has anyone else got this fone fro amazon.com and than cancelled the data service.

Please help.

thankx

BONDS

Guest Confucious

Check your T&C - Have you signed a contract for 12 months? Give them a ring and ask them.

But to use the phone without data services does seem auch a waste....

Guest rbutler222

I just performed floin's unlock for the AT&T purchased smt5600. Now, the process seems to have worked (on the unlock software), but when I reboot, nothing is changed. Still shows the Audiovox screen, the Windows Mobil screen, and finally the MMode screens.

The software stated my phone was unlocked, but I thought I would see a different bootup set of screens. How can I tell if the unlock really worked?

Guest florin_m

On our fist version for audivox we asked to reflash the phone, so you had a different startup logo. Now is no need anymore to flash it. To test if is sim unlocked, just put ANY sim card in it ;) The phone it will accept it now :lol: (NO MORE SIM LOCK :D )

Guest Confucious
The software stated my phone was unlocked, but I thought I would see a different bootup set of screens.  How can I tell if the unlock really worked?

The softeware removes the SIM Lock - it doesn't change anythinhg else - what made you thinkyou would see a different bootup set of screens?

Guest rbutler222

Think it was nothing more than reading all the other posts from another string before I jumped over to this one. Florin's support answered me quickly and it was truly a breeze. Just confused on the set of instructions--but he clarified them.

Florin, you and your team ROCK!

Now, I just have to find someone with a cingular sim card to test before going over to cingular. i was told yesterday that the new cingular store people will not be too happy that I am using this phone with the Cingular sim. Guess if I change to Cingular to get a better unlimited data price, I will have to purchase a "free" phone to get service.

The price we have to pay to keep up with technology. Now if the US would just catch up to the rest of the world.