WhoCall..another caller id app [beta2.7]

Guest Vector

Guest mchristie2

Yes, just checked and i do...it just flashes up for less than a second and dissappears....i have windows xp homescreen...that wouldnt make a difference would it ?? :cry:

Guest foxy11
it seems that some users in France are having problem establishing a GPRS connection while the app is running (beta 2.5)  

do you guys have the same problem?

i didnt seem to have any problems with gprs whilst running it, all went fine :lol:

did you install the latest version?

this slow like hell thing was beta1 and beta2 bug

corrected in beta2.5 and beta2.6

otherwise, do you have any other application running in background?

kill WhoCallMgr process and see if it runs better...

Guest DJHope

CEB: Its absolutly spot on now mate :lol: i love this program to bits thanks! So simple to use ;) I rekon adding in a control panel would just complicate things if your gonna add ringtones do it the same way you have with the pictures (rename a wav file to the contact number) i like it the way it is !

Guest chocobogo

Can someone offer some help?

What is the actual pixel size that the jpg needs to be to prefectly fit into the screen compensating for the top & bottom menus that stay visible when the phone rings. At the moment I am using 176*200 and the top and bottom of the pic gets cut off.

Also my pictures seem to be pixelated. They are done in PaintShop pro and saved as jpg but the quality on the phone when someone rings seems to dramatically decrease

Cheers for any help!!

Guest midnight

Dunno about the fullscreen thing cos i dont use fullscreen, but it SHOULD be 176 x 200

As for the jpg quality, increase it, with jpg theres a trade off between quality and size, the better the quality the bigger the size, so its finding that fine line as to the quality being acceptable and the file size being small enough, trial and error is te best way (i dont really know paintshop pro, but if its anything like photoshop, the image is previewed while selecting different qualities which makes it easier)

Guest chocobogo

ah ok, what is the porgram that lets you take a screenshot of the screen on your SPV cause then I can work out how much I need to crop the screen.

I will check in PSP for the quality option.

BTW excellent Photoshop tutorial on your site!

I think I have a copy of Photoshop somewhere, never really got my head round it though,

No time like the present as they say

Guest v1nn1e

The screen size of the the task bar and menu bar is 20. So if you take that 2*20 away from 220 pixels, you get 180! So the size you are looking for is 176*180.

Guest midnight

yep, 176 x 200 goes over the top menu alright, maybe the version you are using? must admit, i'm still using an old version and it goes almost fullscreen (just the bottom menu remains of course) but it goes over the top menu

i only did this as a test, so dunno how stable this is or anything

Guest chocobogo

That could be it, So the new version goes over the top and bottom menu and is truly FULL SCREEN 176*200.

I will put on the new version and try it!

Guest midnight

nope, it never goes over the bottom menu

but then, why would you want it to?

the app aligns the picture bottom right 20 pixels from the bottom of the screen so as to not go over the menu

Guest chocobogo

Could one rename the jpg for say the number

0123456789 to

0123456789_dad.jpg

so you can easily tell who that jpg is representing?

or does the jpg have to be the number only?