5600 / T-Mobile SMS problem?!

Guest smccready

Guest paxkine

I too have the same problem, 5600 on t-mobile unlocked. I can receive and send sms fine, but if i reply to one sent to me it will not go thru..so I have to compose a new message, insert contact, etc.

frustrating... :roll:

Guest aristoBrat

I'm not convinced that this isn't a T-Mobile network problem.

I put my T-Mobile SIM into a T-Mobile branded Pocket PC Phone Edition (we have a few laying around at work) and had the exact same problem replying to another carriers SMSs -- the replies never make it.

Since this was their phone, I called T-Mobile for help and their 3rd level support had me reply to another carriers SMS message with the text *NOTIF, and my phone got a reply back that said the message had been buffered, which means it got discarded.

He said that was something with the network and opened up a ticket w/ their engineers. Someone is supposed to call back in a few days, so we'll see.

Guys,

I think this may just be a Microsoft Smartphone problem. My i-mate Smartphone2 (AT&T) and Audiovox SMT5600 (T-Mobile) both say Message Sent if I reply to a message from the other, but I never receive the reply. Same goes if I switch my SIM cards. So I'm guessing it's automatically set to use 'reply via same message center'. I wonder if there's a registry tweak to change it? I couldn't find anything where it think the setting would be (HKEY_Current_UserSoftwareMicrosoftInboxSettings).

Guest aristoBrat

Hmmmm. FWIW, I had no problems replying to SMS messages with my SPV e100 using any of the ROMs (Orange, QTEK and imate). Maybe MS changed something in 2003?

Guest adkalra

jleecong was able to reply using a 5600 when he had an ATT SIM. That would speak against a problem with windows mobile software, more a problem with T-mobile interfacing with windows mobile 2003.

Guest aristoBrat
jleecong was able to reply using a 5600 when he had an ATT SIM.  That would speak against a problem with windows mobile software, more a problem with T-mobile interfacing with windows mobile 2003.

I'd agree with this too.

My T-Mobile branded XDA (Pocket PC Phone Edition) running WM 2003 can't reply to other carrier SMS either.

I called T-Mobile, going from CSR to Tier 2 to Tier 3. Tier 3 opened a case with an analyst. Analyst called back a few days later to say that they're having this issue with the HP 6315 (another WM 2003 device) too. No resolution.

What bothered me the most is that she said that they're working with HP for a resolution, and a patch would be posted, so it doesn't sound like they're looking to tweak their network as much as they are to kludge the phones.

Guest jleecong
hi all, i am curious, anyone succesfully send/receive/reply sms with tmobile unlocked smt5600 in ny/nj area? thanks
You should be sending and receiving fine. It's when you reply to a message from another carriers network that we are having problems.

• 1 month later...
Guest xenophobe

I have an SMT 5600 on ATT. I can send SMS to SprintPCS, but I cannot receive them... Either from a new SMS originating on Sprint, or a reply to one I've sent.

But I have no problems getting SMS from Vodafone Australia, and Cingular USA.

I haven't tested with many other carriers, but this is what I've found.