SPV M2000 Now Launched

Guest blackhorse

Guest damianbyrne

Well it was end of contract today, I called Orange direct asking what they have in the way of stopping me leaving them (Cheeky I know buy hey.. you don't ask, you don't get).

They offered me a C500 for free or a M2000 for £64.99 which I was quite impressed with, was then advised by the Orange shop that there is no Bluetooth on the M2000. (Seems on this forum that there is however). Anyway, have decided to go for the C500 as maybe getting an XDA III through work.

This is just a message to say you should try for the M2000 for as cheap as poss. £64.99 for me on Business 200 tariff.

rgds

DB

Guest Russell@home

I called them today & explained that I wanted to upgrade to the M2000. Told them I could go to O2 with for same phone (XDA2s) for a bettter price & better tarrif & was told that I should go for it as Orange couldn't match it!

Guest Russell@home
I'd call back and talk to someone else and see if you get a different answer!
Haven't had time yet, but usually do as a matter of course!

Isn't the m2000 equivelant to the xda3?

AFAIK there isn't an xda3, the latest xda is the xda2s, looks like the M2000 but is black.

BTW, called a couple of Orange shops & they aren't expecting the M2000 for another week.

Guest dearsina

Quick review from day 3 with the beast: Played around with WiFi all day at school. It lasted about 4 hours of continous WiFi use, which isn't bad at all, given that there is an extra battery included (which I'm charging for tomorrow, another marathon WiFi day..).

I don't know if it's my ignorance (again) or the network, but it seems a bit unstable, especially if it loses connection "unnanounced", it wont pick it up very easily. I think I soft-reset the phone about 4 times during the day, which isn't such a big deal, but still very annoying. Also it's very very annoying that the Microsoft software philosophy seems to be: "Exit button, what is that?", leaving all sorts of programs open in the background, slowing down the device to a point where i got a memory error when I tried to open Skype.

Frustrating! Needless to say, I'll be surfing for task-managers. Any suggestions? Freeware that is.

sina

london

Sina,

Ive not had any trouble with the WiFi on my M2000 and I use it all the time. I have a belkin WiFi access point at home and at work.

There is a task manager on the phone under settings:system:memory: running programs.

Havent tried Skype yet though.

Have any of you guys had problems with the bluetooth

Im using mine with the parrot 3100 and find that i have to resent the handset to get it to connect.

It may not be the phone as its not been confirmed as compatible but just wanted to know how any one else got on.

Guest Wozbacca

has anyone tested the video playback?

i had a h5550 ipaq which played divx and video nicely, plus with the pocketPC version of realone, i could play my southpark episodes straight away, i didn't have to re-encode. i'd be interested to see how they play on this.

i've had a play with the XDA IIs and it does seem pretty nice. the sliding keyboard feels a bit loose though, has anyone tested the theory about tightening the torx screws?

finally, only the orange business stores have them in, watford, barnet and luton are the only onese around hertfordshire aparently and they dont have any in stock nor do orange upgrades. i get the impression they are quite hard to get hold of.

Video playback is perfect on the M2000 with Beta Player. The built in ATI graphics chip supports up to 30fps hardware playback.

The M2000 is currently out of stock everywhere - they wont be available again until after Xmas.

Guest Pondrew

Afraid it seems to be true. Orange couldn't offer me the M2000 AT ALL. I was about to sign up for an upgrade to the M1000 free of charge until they realised they're out of stock of that too.