SmartCommander Server 0.93||Smartphoneclient 0.91

Guest ultimasnake

Guest ultimasnake
Superb concept and fantastically flexible execution - I love it.

Inevitably, I have a suggestion: the ability to link smartphone keypresses to shell commands (ie, Start->Run equivalents).

In case it's useful, here's some code which does something similar in VB:

[in declarations]Public Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long

[and to (for example) open a specified file]

ShellExecute 0&, vbNullString, File_path, vbNullString, vbNullString, vbNormalFocus

Keep up the great work!

Nic

To be honest running applications is on my list of todo's and is the next thing i will work on (which is about tommorow).. i really really reallly appriciate the fact that you even help (though i know the code this is a great way of showing them you wish to help me (gives a friendly kinda hug :lol:)

Guest afroahmed

btw guys will i be able to control all important movements from my phone and STILL USE keyboard and mouse or will i have to keep swtiching. EG, playing with arrow keys on my fav game then playing on my fone with keypad for a bit?

also will this work with games? i have a game called counter strike which has WASD and mouse. will this word? eg. fone keypad + mouse?

Guest ultimasnake
btw guys will i be able to control all important movements from my phone and STILL USE keyboard and mouse or will i have to keep swtiching. EG, playing with arrow keys on my fav game then playing on my fone with keypad for a bit?

also will this work with games? i have a game called counter strike which has WASD and mouse. will this word? eg. fone keypad + mouse?

hey, you don't need to turn of the mouse or keyboard in any kind of way.My app acts like a second keyboard/mouse

If it works with counterstrik or something, it doesn't sound very comfy but if you don't try you will never know ey :lol:.... if you tried.. let me know the results ok :D

Guest fonkycris

hello

i've install smartcommander and everything seems to work pretty good on my phone and on my computer including the bluetooth connection

But, i must be a little bit stupid :lol: ... i can't make it work can you please give me an example of what smartcommander is able to do...

How can i run winamp or go in different follders of my computer

thanks a lot for your work i've been waiting for such a prog for a very long time

Guest fonkycris

ok after a lot of test it works very good with winamp!!!

i've got a spv e200 with activesync 3.7 and a bluetooth usb dongle by msi

but sometimes the listner disconnect and i don't now why...

please can u tell me what are the commands in the scripting menu to control the mouse.

and and i want to thank u again 4 your work and your knowledge in programing :lol:

Guest ultimasnake
ok after a lot of test it works very good with winamp!!!

i've got a spv e200 with activesync 3.7 and a bluetooth usb dongle by msi

but sometimes the listner disconnect and i don't now why...

please can u tell me what are the commands in the scripting menu to control the mouse.

and and i want to thank u again 4 your work and your knowledge in programing :D

is this disconnect only with my application or does active sync itself disconnect too by itself, I have problems with active sync disconnecting every ones in a while :S... and thanks :lol:

and well guess what 0.6 is released

Added

-Mouse movement and click commands

-Run program command

-Wait period command

-Better profile management

Fixed

-Some minor connection problems

-Added status light to Smartphone program

Guest fonkycris

yes you're right sometimes actisync disconnect by itself but not as often as the listener... is it possible that my internet connection could disturb smartcommander? :roll: i'll see if it still happen with other parameters...

l'll write you as soon as i'll have try the 0.6 version

goodbye!!

Guest Slsk-addict

Thanks for this great program!!! It's really awesome :(

Some problems;

When I exit remote desktop I can't connect again until I restart the listner.

When I exit remote desktop, the volume keeps turning up.

While connected and I turn the up the volume, it keeps going up until I hit volume down for just a sec. ( Cause when I keep it pressed too long, it will keep goin down).

This may sound a bit negative but I'm very positive about your prog, these are just a few points to help you so that the nxt version is even better.

Are there perhaps any people who have created profiles and are willing to put them in this thread so that we can all enjoy them? (Yes I'm lazy :))

grtz

Guest ultimasnake
Thanks for this great program!!! It's really awesome :(

Some problems;

When I exit remote desktop I can't connect again until I restart the listner. 

When I exit remote desktop, the volume keeps turning up.

While connected and I turn the up the volume, it keeps going up until I hit volume down for just a sec. ( Cause when I keep it pressed too long, it will keep goin down).

This may sound a bit negative but I'm very positive about your prog, these are just a few points to help you so that the nxt version is even better.

Are there perhaps any people who have created profiles and are willing to put them in this thread so that we can all enjoy them? (Yes I'm lazy :()

grtz

advise is no negatifity at all.... it's what i want to hear... currently i am working on it as we speak, i think i fixed allot of problems with connections and all...

also the next version will be packed with some profiles preset for you all to learn a bit about the working of this newer version :)... i think i will release a new version this very evening.. so stay tuned :(

Hi guys! This looks pretty cool, exept that the soft don't want to connect to my computer... The listener is active (listening...) and activesync is running, but when I select Option/Connect in Desktop remote, it displays"error: Can't connect to nico" (nico is the name of my computer). I have the .net framwork installed and a E200

Please help me, since I would love to use this program!

Nico

Guest ultimasnake
Hi guys! This looks pretty cool, exept that the soft don't want to connect to my computer... The listener is active (listening...) and activesync is running, but when I select Option/Connect in Desktop remote, it displays"error: Can't connect to nico" (nico is the name of my computer). I have the .net framwork installed and a E200

Please help me, since I would love to use this program!

Nico

the only thing i can think of is that you might have a firewall blocking port 1000, i will make the port adjustable in the next or the version after that... but it might be a blocked port then :)

Guest ultimasnake

Just to keep you updated i have the following information for you.

The new release of smart commander is going to be a great step towards a final version the new version includes:

*A total new connection socket for better, faster and even more important stable connection

*New ability's to bind to keys:

*Shutdown/restart (etc) windows

*Play sound

*And more

*Send information towards the phone.

*Winamp current playing song

*Computer uptime

*Computer physical ram free/total/load

*Computer Pagefile used/free/total

*Computer current user logged in

*And more

*Less memory and cpu speed used

*Minimize application to the system tray.

*New Gui for the smartphone which supports 9 lines now instead of 7

*New Gui for the PC for more flexible usage

*Load/Save profiles

*Auto load last profile on startup

And much more soon

Guest ultimasnake

thanks.. might take a little longer then i hoped for in the first place, currently i am having some socket problems (which is the connection) and it's rather hard and i'm comming past some minor problems but as soon as they are fixed it would be grand....

oh and I just got my Microsoft Smartphone Developerkit :)

IMG_3643.JPG

I'll stay intouch with this thread - this tool is exactly what i was searching for - hopefully my little problems will be solved within the new version

(for now i'm quiet)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ultimasnake

OK although i am still strugling with problems with the application freezing ones in a while i am getting allong great with the application.

BUT i won't release a new version until i fully fixed the freezing problem since it can make the application rather unsuable.

But i just wanted to keep you all informed about this and the fact that i am still working on it :). I think that the next release (hopefully) will be in the first week of 2005

And to all of you A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :(

Guest ultimasnake

Well guys it's here version 0.8 is released.

The application has gone through some rather HUGE changes....

oh and if people make nice Profiles, share them and i will add them to the application in the next version so that other people can also enjoy your work.

Fixed

-Connection problems

-Reconnect problems

-Application freezing at random points

-System tray not working properly

Added

-Better GUI on the smartphone application

-System tray icon on the Pc application

-Button command name, which will be displayed on the phone while in control mode

-More i can't seem to remember

-New gui on the smartphone is powered by a Graphical engine which renders the interface faster then .net normally does and also does it only when needed.

Changed

-Smartphone application total rebuild.

-Improved gui

-Better script window

-Better screen window

-Profile management moved

Well what's on the road map for the next version:

Better programming abilitys (this will change a bit for the better)

Connection over GPRS (not sure if this will be in the next version but i am planning to do so).

More options on both client and server side

Skinnable gui (maybe if it's really a good thing to do)

and more

Guest ultimasnake

ah fudge... i even forgot to program it.. well don't fear will fix that tommorow.. but at the moment i am really tired and my secondary 17'' monitor just died on me so i have had it for today and will hit the sack :)

tommorow after dinner i got time and will surely put it in there sorry :(

any other suggestions are always welcome :(

Guest ultimasnake

well I didn't manage to get that working just yet only track playing. Also having some troubles with media player 9/10's track info for which i think i should write a seperate plugin for media player itself to write current info to registry or something in that direction Sorry about that :).. but i will release it since i already managed to get info from winamp in the early days (just need to find the source code now)

more tonight :(