New ROM released for Qtek 8080

Guest AlexMessoMalex

Guest Alois de Croon

I want to flash this rom in my e200.

It has now the latest rom avaible from orange in the Netherlands.

But this one is newer and doesn't have that orange s*** every where on the phone

I found out that I need a editted VoUpgradeUt.exe because now I get the error "Wrong model ID"

Where can I download it, here I can not found it,

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=113705

Maybe someone can mail it to me, [email protected]

EDIT : I have download it and my device is now running the qtec rom

Edited by Alois de Croon

Guest AllanHvass

Since a number of people have reported running the newest version, could one of you shed some light on whether you've seen any improvements? Is there really any reason to upgrade?

Allan Hvass

Guest nikjensie

For me, the most important issue that I hope will be fixed through ROM-upgrade is the Headset-Bluetooth issue. Can anyone with this ROM see if it's been resolved, i.e. bluetooth headsets work on a wider range than the current 1,5 meters...

Thanks in advance,

Nik

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried the new update from Qtek, it looks nice, but the firts thing i could see was that the battery life was bad. Just one full day!

I can't day anything about the bleutooth, because i have no BT headset.

The latest 2.7.7 update from orange was a lot better! 2- 3 days battery life

Guest AaronJT
I just tried the new update from Qtek, it looks nice, but the firts thing i could see was that the battery life was bad. Just one full day!

I can't day anything about the bleutooth, because i have no BT headset.

The latest 2.7.7 update from orange was a lot better! 2- 3 days battery life

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi the guys, can anyone post a link to the newest orange rom? - thanks

Is anyone having issues with the used radio version? Radio Version 1.16.01?

I'm having the issues that after a while usually a day.. the radio does not work anymore resulting in not being able to call anyone. I have to either disable and enable the radio (flight mode on/off) Or reset the phone. I'm having doubts as to wether I should return the phone for repair or not.

can anyone comment on this one?

Guest flatland

WhereCanI Download the newtest ROM for HTC Voyager,

How can i use xphone upgrade to qtek8080

my rom operater is

is it Qtek 8080 new ROM is newtest????

i want to upgrade Qtek 8080

• 3 weeks later...
Is anyone having issues with the used radio version? Radio Version 1.16.01?

I'm having the issues that after a while usually a day.. the radio does not work anymore resulting in not being able to call anyone. I have to either disable and enable the radio (flight mode on/off) Or reset the phone. I'm having doubts as to wether I should return the phone for repair or not.

can anyone comment on this one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll give it a few comments. I'm a new user of the Voyager, and i've been running the Dangaard rom with radio 1.16.01 since day one (I have the E200, but don't use an Orange sim, so i don't want the Orange roms).

I experienced a radio dropout yesterday. I had tomtom mobile installed, along with batterypack pro (trial version) and a few games.

I am now trying an Imate rom, which shows radio version 1.16.00. I installed tomtom and batterypack on it, and had radio problems almost immediately! I have now removed battery pack pro, and haven't seen problems since. I'm not going to blame batterypack pro just yet, but time will show.....

If the problems resurface, i will have to try and find an orange-free rom with radio version 1.12.

best regards

Guest joeyfrka
Yes it works, what I did was download the latest Orange update (spve200_v2.7.5.1.exe) extract it with WinZip and replaced its NK.nbf

with the one from the Qtek update and then ran VoUpgradeUt.exe to do the upgrade.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi

how do i get a qtek NK.nbf file?

when i run the 1.9.14.1 qtek rom it does not give me an otion of saving it but rather skips that step ????

Guest losteagle

Use Winzip to open the ROM Update .EXE file (right click on .exe -> Content menu -> Choose Open Zip) and then save the .nbf where you want. :lol:

hi

how do i get a qtek NK.nbf file?

when i run the 1.9.14.1 qtek rom it does not give me an otion of saving it but rather skips that step ????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest joeyfrka
Use Winzip to open the ROM Update .EXE file (right click on .exe -> Content menu -> Choose Open Zip) and then save the .nbf where you want.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks

i got that part, pasted the supposed qtek nk.nbf file in the new created folder, ran VoUpgradeUt.exe and i get error #100 mesage (incompatible image)

i am getting frustrated and i'm thinking itcould be something to do with the phone because i was never able to get hard reset using soft keys...???

any thoughts?

Guest losteagle

You must use the patched version of voupgradeut. Search for voupgradeut fix in the forum. Look at this link:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=113705

I use this patched file to change from Orange E200 V 2.7.5.1 to QTEK 8080 ROM V 1.10.10.1

Remeber to upgrade in bootloader mode ... Good luck ! :lol:

thanks

i got that part, pasted the supposed qtek nk.nbf file in the new created folder, ran VoUpgradeUt.exe and i get error #100 mesage (incompatible  image)

i am getting frustrated and i'm thinking itcould be something to do with the phone because i was never able to get hard reset using soft keys...???

any thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest SKOOBICE
mate don't buy an e200. it sucks. get the c500! i can't wait to get shot of my e200

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

THREE QUESTIONS!!

HOW THE HELL DO YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE ITALIAN QTEK SITE IF YOU CANT READ ITALIAN????

IS THIS ROM BETTER THAN I-MATE 1.10.15.2 ?

WILL THE QTEK ROM GIVE ME THE CHANCE TO ENTER MMS SETTINGS LIKE THE I-MATE ONE WONT?

Guest losteagle

I'm Italian and for me it's simple ...

The new Qtek ROM link was moved from www.tomtom.it and now you have to go here :

Qtek links

I'm not sure this is the same ROM I used in the past, the file RUUv2.60Inst1.10.10.0_Dangarrd8060_1.11.10.36_Ship.exe

seems to be related to 8060 QTEK not 8080 model (are about the same ...)

If you are interested to the last QTEK 8080 ROM (that I have downloaded from tomtom.it) please contact me and I'll send you a private link.

I don't know if it's best then Imate, but the QTEK nbf file is dated Sept 2004 so it's possibile is the most updated available (Radio 1.16.01).

I use the integreted MMS client (V 1.5.0.16 from ArcSoft) with VODAFONE Italy and it works.

That's all !! :lol:

Tom

THREE QUESTIONS!!

HOW THE HELL DO YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE ITALIAN QTEK SITE IF YOU CANT READ ITALIAN????

IS THIS ROM BETTER THAN I-MATE 1.10.15.2 ?

WILL THE QTEK ROM GIVE ME THE CHANCE TO ENTER MMS SETTINGS LIKE THE I-MATE ONE WONT?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>