ExP

Guest drblow

Guest Deltabweb

lol

I think it has somethin to do with Smart Monitor plugin and SPV classic.

Look farther this way and where can I find an older version of SmartMonitor to try if it works with it ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smamdani

This might sound a bit repetitive or slow, but to begin, I've got a c500 (us Audiovox version for cingular) and I have no experience doing xml editing.

Now then, I can't get the date and time to display correctly (the time overlaps te date). How do I get it to display correctly?

Second, I've had this problem with several of your homescreens: how do I remove or change the applications linked(and their icons) (on this HS, at the bottom of the screen; on Alpha, at the top of the screen)?

I really like all of your screens that I've seen, but they persistently look different on my screen from the screenshots shown. Thanks for any help.

Guest drblow

OK, the time display is probably because I always change the time/date settings on my phone to the shrotest style possible. If these settings are different on your phone then that could be why there is an overlap.

To change the shortcuts, all you need to do is know the path of the shortcut you want to go to (they can be found using file explorer on the C500, go to Storage\windows\start menu), then open the xml on your PC with notepad, find the RJshortcut plugin, and change the paths to reflect where your apps are. Then save the xml, copy it over to your phone (storage\application data\home) and change your homescreen to another one & back, and that shoudl be that.

If you install a theme & it doesn't match the screenshot, then the most likely explainations are phone settings (as above), not instaling all the 3rd party plugins, or phone incompatability.

Try thos ehtings out & get back to me if it still don't work! ;)

Guest smamdani
OK, the time display is probably because I always change the time/date settings on my phone to the shrotest style possible.  If these settings are different on your phone then that could be why there is an overlap.

To change the shortcuts, all you need to do is know the path of the shortcut you want to go to (they can be found using file explorer on the C500, go to Storage\windows\start menu), then open the xml on your PC with notepad, find the RJshortcut plugin, and change the paths to reflect where your apps are.  Then save the xml, copy it over to your phone (storage\application data\home) and change your homescreen to another one & back, and that shoudl be that.

If you install a theme & it doesn't match the screenshot, then the most likely explainations are phone settings (as above), not instaling all the 3rd party plugins, or phone incompatability.

Try thos ehtings out & get back to me if it still don't work!  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That worked out great! Thanks...One last question: Is there any way that I can shift either the time or the date over to accomodate a 12-hour clock and a 6 digit date display? I have no clue how to modify the xml to try out different spacings. Thanks a bunch, and keep making more great screens.

Guest drblow

Changing any xml layout settings is opurely a case of setting 'x' and 'y' coordinates. x is the horizontal position, y is the vertical.

Just open up the xml in notepad and change the x & y coordinates of the clock and date to whatever you like - I'm failry sure that in my xml I put tiles above each plugin and the time/date display is in the plugin titles ---time/carrier---

You may need to experiment a bit to find exactly the right places, but the experimenation process should be good for you if you want to be able to customise your homescreen.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.