Remove certification requirement from the SPV

Guest Third_of_Five

Got mine SPV couple of days ago. Following the steps to remove cert requirements can't perform step 9 - "Press and hold the Action button (joystick middle button) for 2 seconds as instructed." Instead Diag mode I get straight into three colour "Canary". I do keep the voice rec button pressed when I press Action. Any hints?

Cheers

Guest Mr_1nfern0

I've finally got a hold of my phone on saturday after a long delay in ordering. Is anyone else having problems with the hard reset ?

I boot the phone up with the voice memo button held down and get the prompt screen. As soon as I touch the the action key the phone moves on to the canary screen. Not a chance to get to the diag screen.

I've tried releasing the voice memo before pressing the action key, holding them both down etc. all combinations return me to the canary screen.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Cheers

I found it easiest to hold in action key, recorder button and power button. After you reach the hold in action key screen let go of the recorder and power buttons, but leave the action key held.

Tried everything suggested to no avail. No matter what you do or don't do, the three colour canary screen comes up. Suspect the latest batch of SPVs has been protected against this hack. Any other way?

Guest paulcaley

I had problems getting my phone to unlock, it took about 12 times or so, the last time I connected straight to my PC via USB and did not go through my USB hub as I had several other devices on there aswell. This seemed to help

Guest spacemonkey

like 5 minutes

It's about having patience, not looking at it 20 seconds after start up, getting paranoid, hard resetting the phone 20 times and then complaining on the forum that the world is ending.

Guest Earthcoder

on my 5th try and still no luck, waiting for 30 mins for fav to be changed and got zero changed..

any ideas

only thing i noticed so far is

4. Copy mxipcold_oem10.provxml and mxip_oem10.provxml to a directory on your PC (i.e. c:tempspv)

mine are called mxip_oem_10 mxipcold_oem_10

see they have _ after oem

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

There are some variations on the filenames, some people don't seem to have the "p" in their filenames.

As long as the security tag is there you should be alright...

Guest Earthcoder

umm yeap its in there, still no luck, my phone is only like 1 week old, do u think it may have been fixed so cant be unlocked.

or shell i try hard reset and start all over again

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Its taken some people 10 times or more to get it working, i assume you've tried all the tricks? SIM lock on, files poised and ready on your PC etc...

Hi guys

Something really weird happened!! I was always reluctant to unlock my phone because i thought i would mess it up!!

Anyway i fianally did it. changed the "my orange news" title to "orange news" so that i would know if it worked. did the hard reset and plugged the phone into the cradle when it changed to the blue smartphone screen. Then coppied and pasted the files into the window folder. look at the web favourites. It had changed ;)

Loaded reg edit and Doom!! also changed the media player skin so that it stays after a stwich off. But then i looked at the two files i had changed they have gone back to normal!! but the phone is unlocked as i can install an run un cert apps!! I'm not complaining just wandered if anyone knew what was going on!!

cheers Greg

Windows folder is reflashed from ROM on each phone reboot. So the files are reloaded from original. Also they are run only once after hard reset. Afterwards they are pretty useless. That is also the reason why you cannot just copy a better media skin in Windows folder coz it will reset to original after phone is OFF>ON

hi fo a long time now i have always worried about uncertifying my phone just in case somehin goes wrong but i have the bottle to do it now. BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM. i do now understand apart of this section can someone help me out please

3. Open a 'Windows Explorer' window to 'Mobile Device/My Smartphone/Windows', and leave it open.

4. Copy mxipcold_oem10.provxml and mxip_oem10.provxml to a directory on your PC (i.e. c:tempspv)

5. Edit BOTH of these two files as follows:

- Remove the element named 'Characteristic' with the type attribute 'Security Policy' from both.

- In it's place insert the following:

Quote:

-Change the name of the first browser favourite subtly (this will be used later to confirm that you've managed to get the file in on time), e.g. from 'Orange' to 'Orange NEW'.

I opened windows explorer on my computer but i can't find the file mxipcold_oem10.provxml and then i am not sure wat to do after that can someone help me out in a little more detail please.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE