Remove certification requirement from the SPV

Guest Third_of_Five

thanks awarner but the next stage says i have to edit the two files where do i edit them do i copy them somewhere or somethin help please sorry i am not gd at this type of complicated stuff thanks in advance

Guest awarner [MVP]

copy them to any folder in windows, example My documentsspvbackup

open the files using notepad edit them as it says in the post

http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic...=asc&highlight=

follow the instructions there and you should be fine ;)

It can take a few attempts to get it right stick with it you will be ok.

I'm off for now but I should be back in the morning

Guest casper508

Copy them to your PC and edit them there. Remember these edited files have to go back to the SPV. Just follow the steps from the global thread.

Cas

Another quick question.

If i do the hard reset what happens? Do i have to do n e thing extra or can i run un certified apps straight away? I heard you had to type something in maually what is it? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

If you run through the above procedure, you don't have to do anything to run uncertified apps, although you may lose some settings, ringtones, home pages - stuff like that.

And please don't post pointlessly - it's annoying!

Guest galewis

I've tried this soo many times now without success. I seem to have lots of time to copy the files. ActiveSync makes the connection whilst still on the blue windows screen, but when I copy the files it takes an age (i would say at least 20 seconds). I get a message about ActiveSync potentially converting the files before they can be copied, then I have to confirm that I want to replace the files that are already on the SPV.... and then I just wait and eventually the files get copied.... but by then the home screen has loaded and all is too late. I've also tried turning the sim lock on, but the enter password screen comes up way before the files have finished copying.

I'm sure I'm copying the files at the earliest opportunity - I use the drag and drop technique between the two explorer windows and I've even started to do this after ActiveSync identifies the SPV, but before it completes the connection..... When I do this it simply won't allow me to copy the files.... so I keep doing say once every two seconds and as soon as the connection completes, it allows the files to be copied..... It's just that it takes so long! But I can't start the process off any earlier.. can I?

Any ideas???? I really really want to get this working!

Guest awarner [MVP]

Ok wait until you can see the icons in the window you are copying

to before you copy files over (i used copy and paste not drag and drop)

Some people have said wait a few good seconds after the MS windows screen on your phone

show up before you place the phone into the cradle.

Some times it appears that the phone is on main screen before all the

files have finished being copied, this can be normal.

It will work it just takes alot of patience and swearing before if works.

I have also got a problem and i just erased the ispm and when it got to the canary screen i took the battery out like it said. then i waited a few seconds. Then i powered it on normaly, waiting for the blue screen to come up, but the orange screen with the sunset does not change but freezes. and then the light goes out and its frozen what do i do i have everything ready to copy over but the blue screen is not coming up help me out please thanks in advance

Guest awarner [MVP]

It can take a while for the screen to change from the sunset to the MS one.

Give it time othewise try Hard resetting and boot screen etc again.

One thing I have never done is to remove the battery. could someone give me a reason

why you should?

As when I have unlocked, DK update, unlock again I have never needed to remove it.

After 2 hrs i reguarly check to see if it is workin by turning it on. BUT it still freezes at the orange sunset picture. I know how to do a hard reset but how do u boot the screen help please thanks in advance

Guest HelloDave
I've tried this soo many times now without success. I seem to have lots of time to copy the files. ActiveSync makes the connection whilst still on the blue windows screen, but when I copy the files it takes an age (i would say at least 20 seconds). I get a message about ActiveSync potentially converting the files before they can be copied, then I have to confirm that I want to replace the files that are already on the SPV.... and then I just wait and eventually the files get copied.... but by then the home screen has loaded and all is too late.

I thought it was too late by the time the home screen came up when I first tried de-certing my phone, but it isn't! Just copy the xml files as early as you can and wait for them to be written to the phone - it doesn't matter if the pin code screen appears before ActiveSync has finished. Leave the SPV a few minutes and then check you browser favourites to see if the one you changed is as it should be. Patience is very important with this procedure - I ended up doing two hard resets unecessarily becuase I was impatient!

Guest awarner [MVP]

J1A1H is getting there I've been pm him

and he has got past the sunset screen :lol:

the phones working now so he is working on the next bit.

Not long now.. and good luck to all the other people who are trying this

but are not too confident, it's not too hard, but it's easy

to get the panic syndrome. Realax and it will be ok.

If I can do it anyone can ;)

I tried last night twice. Still I haven't succeed so i will try again now. I will let you all know once i have done it. Thankyou so much awarner for all your help!!!!

I have now tried 6 times. As "Hello dave" mentioned it does not matter if your screen reaches the pin screen before activesync has finshed. I have been copying files as soon as possible, and then i leave my phone like 5 mins and go and see if the file "My Orange News" has changed to "Orange News". but it hasn't. So then i put doom on the storage card and created a shortcut to the start up menu games section. It did not play so it was obvious it did not work.

Is it possible that you have to wait longer than 5 mins for the file to realise that it is unceritfied or somethin?

I then checked the 2 prov files in activesync/ windows. BUT they had changed back to normal. Is it supposed to be like that because you are only supposed to flash the memory or somethin like that.

And one more question. Everytime you try to uncertify your phone if it does not work do you have to hard reset it everytime? because if you don't it would save quite a lot of time?

Thanks in advance and to everyone has helped me out!!!

I HAVE DONE IT YES YES YES I AM SO HAPPY!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. AND DOOM IS AMAZING ESPECIALLY THAT IT IS ON A PHONE. BUT DOES N E ONE REALISE THAT EVERYTHING RUNS QUITE SLOW?

THANKS TO AWARNER AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS HELPED ME THROUGH THIS AND TO THE CLEVER PEOPLE WHO FOUND IT OUT.

WHAT ELSE AM I ABLE TO DO NOT WITH AN UNCERTIFIED PHONE? ANY IDEAS