Remove certification requirement from the SPV

Guest Third_of_Five

Quite confident with the decert process now...Done it twice now...much quicker the second time :)

However the second time was in an attempt to get sms&mms working again... This still doesn't work??? ( No options shown when pressing NEW, in the inbox!!)

I have also noticed that the Picture Manager comes up with a "Problem With Camera Driver" Error. However this could be since I performed the Orange Update Monday this week!! Not sure which is causing this????

If I ran the orange update again would this sort these problems????

Or do I have to keep on decerting till all seems well???

Or what have you??

You could try just hard reseting the phone only and then testing SMS.

If it works - then do the de-cert again.

I haven't had this problem myself - all worked OK after de-cert.

Still no joy!!

I either get a bad recert process where I miss the file transfer bit, with the result that messaging & Cam work ok or I successfully deceret but loost the NEW message features and get a cam fault....

Anybody got any ideas...

I haven't had this problem but I suppose this is what I would try.

Hard reset the the phone without copying the file over.

This should successfully gives SMS and MMS OK.

Copy a new XML file to the C drive.

Edit the file and then re-active read-only.

Then try copying over this new XML file.

Is it possiblr the timings not quite right ? Can't think of anything else.

You could try and copy the file over using another method and see if it makes any difference.

Copy the edited XML from C drive to memory (Ctrl+C)

Make sure you have a window session to Smartphone/Windows directory.

Hard reset the Phone and place back in cradle.

Click on the (empty) Smartphone window session and past with Ctrl+V

(maybe do the paste bit a few times to catch at the earliest point)

Press return to confirm overwrite file (press A instead if 2 files copied)

Unless anyone else has any other ideas

Thanks Martin...

It's only bloody working... :)

Took me about 15 go's... I also noticed that the ActiveSync kept asking for an OK on file conversion before copying which takes time!! So I reduced the functions of activesync to no sync and no conversion on copying.

Following the conversion being disabled I copied the file a few times to to ensure it went over without the conversion OK then all I had to do was OK the overwriting of teh existing file.

I don't think the timing is an exact science. It's just pure luck!! You simply have to keep doing it till it works!!

The "Read Only" bit didn't seem to make the files read only!!! As I was still able to write/Copy over it!

So I am now decertified and have the SMS/MMS and camera functions which I had previously lost when decerting. If there any other querks not yet apparent I'll report back....(Well ask for help I suppose I mean...!!!)

I now have the taks of setting up the phone again for maill etc...

The long and short of it is that I followed your suggestion and it eventually worked! For this I thank you! ;)

D

PS During this process I have noticed sombody saying that the IPSM can be backed up in Engineering Mode ? Wheres this then?

My canary diags V0.97 has no options shown in the menus except for the delete IPSM all the others just have numbers with no titles!!