Remove certification requirement from the SPV

Guest Third_of_Five

Guest Thurstan

ok guys, a couple of questions: (I've never done a hard reset before but for this it sounds like it's worth it)

1. If we do this, will we be able to get the update when, as promised, Orange release it?

2. The step-by-step guid is posted somewhere in the middle of this thread - is there any chance of having it somewhere at the top, or on another sticky? (Paul?)

Once again, you lot, thanks - you never cease to amaze me!

Guest crimminsky

question.....is it worth me doing this yet as I have no programming skills and cannot write my own apps, should I wait till there is killer apps for me to install ie doom etc (sorry to be a sponge ;) ) or should I leave my phone be and enjoy what I have?

yep it still works after a reset, even with the coldinit shortcut in! What are you guys chattin about?

But im deleting that shortcut now just in case even though i soft reset it twice already even with coldinit shortcut.

This morning tho i turned it on and it removed the crack and hard reset my phone with no warning although i think that after you do a hard reset it may do another one without your knowledge.

Guest doncorleone

I have a swiss spv with the first update and when I try running the unlocking process the problem is that I cant find the two provxml-files!!! They arent in 'Mobile Device/My Smartphone/Windows'! Maybe I am a bit stupid or I have understood something wrong?! Please help me!

great, now he tells me,after I spent 20 minutes lying on the floor taking pictures from different angles :oops:

well, at least you can tell it isn't a fake :wink:

Guest Paul [MVP]

He he he he...

Looking good tho!

One day soon I might get time to actually start developing stuff for the SPV too...

:shock:

P (still hoping the .NET Compact Framework appears for SmartPhone!)

Guest agent.m

how do you edit the mxicold_oem10.provxml ????? sorry probably the only person who has asked but tried using notepad but it looked funny!!!!!

do i use a xml prog or something???

Guest agent.m

the closest i`ve got in /windows is

mxip_initdb

do you have this and whats it do??

can someone u2u me or email me the correct files???

p.s. thanks by the way!

Guest agent.m

"You want to look in Windows, not ISPMWindows"

it was!

i think im missing something here!!

is it really worth doing it anyway???? how many games actually work??