Remove certification requirement from the SPV

Guest Third_of_Five

Guest agent.m
I haven't this file mxi_oem10.provxml ;mxicold_oem10.provxml 

I have mxi_oem_10.provxml ;mxicold_oem_10.provxml 

are the same ???

think so! take it you found them in /windows?????

cant do a hard reset without these files.

The only problem is the Orange parameters, you 

will have to put them back by hand afterward, or 

do a reprovisionning with modified prov. files. 

Could someone please explain this further ?? What parameter are we talking about here ?? And what and where can i find the prov. files ??

Thx. in adv.

Guest agent.m

think they mean stuff like

a) Your text messages, MMS and Emails

;) Your XML layouts / Skins / Sounds / Camera pictures

c) Contacts, Tasks, Calendar

..and some other bits ...

hey have you guys read this!!!!!

seems they give us a lot of bull, but have they(orange/ms) right answers for their pals.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/chats/mobile/mob...bile_121002.asp

its dated dec 10 02

Guest agent.m

CraigOrange:

Q: MichaelGiagnocavo: So if I buy a SmartPhone, I can turn off lockdown and run my freeware apps while still having service?

CraigOrange:

A: We feel your pain on the small developer issues - we want developers for these devices

CraigOrange:

Q: Do you really want developers ? Or are you worried about loosing out financially ?

;) :lol: :lol: :D

Nicked this from the chat:

"Q: How will valuable freeware apps be addressed as the authors will not likely go through the signing process?

A: A large and empowered end user and software developer community is essential to the health of the computing ecosystem. As the worlds of telephony and software converge on next generation devices like Smartphone, we'll undoubtedly see the traditions in each of these industries evolve somewhat. Having said that, Mobile Operators ultimately define security requirements to align with their market focus

Q: how do we test applications on a real device (as opposed to the emulator)?

A: in order to effectively test your application on a physical smartphone device, you will require a device which is essentially “unlocked” for development purposes. we are very much aware of the existing pain here, and are actively working on a solution. You will have to have an Orange subscriber account, so that we can push the unlock messages to a vaild Orange SIM

Q: Why have Orange chosen to invoke "signing " on the SPV smartphone but not the Nokia 7560

A: I can't comment on the security solution employed in the Nokia 7650

Java VM question - We are evaluating two jvm's at the moment for the spv but they won't be in rom"

Now this chat was dated the 10 Dec in fact id almost forgotten it exsisted 2 things raised, they were going to set up a developer community, did they just "forget" no one has herd anything, and cent who did hear something got a useless response. Just because we happen to have taken matters into our own hands and if you look we were promised this from orange (i think the offical date from them was januaray), we are branded as hackers!

Second point Java VM for SPV that dissapeared to, nice one orange, nice to see you care about us!

Also this makes me mad "I can't comment on the security solution employed in the Nokia 7650", so effectively you are saying we have no idea why application signing has been impemented atall!

IMHO (and many others) its just MONEY MONEY MONEY!

DJ Hope

Question for Paul, you keep mentioning the Jimmysoftware games, however I can only get access to the 2 demos on Handango, I'd like to buy the full games and Handango has removed them, is there anywhere else we can get them from ?? I've asked Handango about buying from them but had no reply . . .

TIA

Jason.

Guest Paul [MVP]

I downloaded tham *ages* ago, when I first got my SPV.

I guess they have been removed now or something?

I have mailed Jimmy Software, buy have had no response yet...

P

think so! take it you found them in /windows?????

cant do a hard reset without these files.

yes I found it in windows !

yes I can do a hard reset, alredy done ;)

Guest agent.m

rub it in why dont you!!!!!!!!!!!!

only joking ;) i must have a diff version. got mine off ebay. so might be swiss or german. it works so i should`t complain..........its just hat im tired of these old games now :cry:

Guest Tyrant_worm

Anything which is fixed can be undone, short of reflashing the BIOS. Even this you can generally back up your old BIOS. The platform would have to be re-written to avoid it ;) So remember boys and girls archive all your current goodies in a safe place, you never know when you may need them :roll:

Guest HelloDave

Decided to bite the bullet and do a hard reset tonight - took me three attempts, but it was worth it! This is how the SPV should have been from day 1! (are you listening M$ and Orange? ;) )

I tried to back up all of my IPSM folder to my PC using ActiveSync (i've got it on an MMC card too, but that's not as useful) but it won't let me copy certain files, which is very annoying! It says the files are "in use" but that doesn't make sense - you can copy a file in Windows if it's being used, just not move it. Is this another M$ conspiracy to keep us from prying i wonder... I could probably have kept all my SMSs if ActiveSync hadn't decided to be difficult! But apart from that, I do keep most of the contents of my SPV on my PC too!

I expect everyone else has seen it, but you can use the process viewer in eVC++ as a pritimitve task manager for the SPV. It isn't very practical because you have to have the phone docked, but it's there at least. Noticed my SPV was running a lot of processes for an idle phone - typical Windows!

Guest doncorleone

I posted my "mxipcold_oem_10.provxml"-file because I dont now which part I have to edit and where I have to insert:

I dont know but maybe my files are different because I have a swiss SPV with the update?! If there are any swiss users out there please help!

In the unlocking guide is written that you have to remove the element named 'Characteristic' with the type attribute 'Security Policy'. I dont have such an element in mine!!!

/>

/>

/>

/>

Guest leandro
I posted my "mxipcold_oem_10.provxml"-file because I dont now which part I have to edit and where I have to insert:  

I dont know but maybe my files are different because I have a swiss SPV with the update?! If there are any swiss users out there please help!  

In the unlocking guide is written that you have to remove the element named 'Characteristic' with the type attribute 'Security Policy'. I dont have such an element in mine!!!

I have the same issue here, and it was suggested me to insert the lines anyway. Haven't tried yet, if you do please tell the results.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

If that is the same article as was posted elsewhere on the fourm today, it's just a copy of Ben Charny's lasted article on news.com from last week.

That like asks for a un/pass btw.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

For osme reason doncorleone posted one of his .provxml files in its entirety, phpBB can't word wrap so the huge lines have streched the page out to its current state.